Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Need some help with the measurement of a factory sticker.

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Need some help with the measurement of a factory sticker. by JohnWPB
Started on: 12-28-2013 05:51 PM
Replies: 33 (653 views)
Last post by: JohnWPB on 01-09-2014 01:53 PM
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2013 05:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
As many may know, I have been reproducing stickers for the Fiero for a few months now. I just added one that I did not have, the "Unleaded Fuel Only" that is inside the gas door. I need the exact measurements, width and height. Mine was missing when I purchased my car. Any help is greatly appreciated, Thanks!
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
seajai

Feedback score:    (42)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 52
Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2013 06:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for seajaiSend a Private Message to seajaiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Height: 1 7/32"
Width: 1 7/8"
Letter Height: 1/4"
The total height of the text is: 21/32"
The thickness of the outline around the perimeter is 1/32"
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2013 08:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by seajai:
Height: 1 7/32"
Width: 1 7/8"
Letter Height: 1/4"
The total height of the text is: 21/32"
The thickness of the outline around the perimeter is 1/32"

Wow, now THAT is precise! Thank you! Made things a lot easier for me having all the exacting measurements!

From measurements, to finished stickers:

Thanks again!

Vernon8360

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2013 08:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Vernon8360Send a Private Message to Vernon8360Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Now, can you price it at a $1.32 per gallon?
seajai

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2013 09:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for seajaiSend a Private Message to seajaiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow, you hammered out those stickers pretty quick. The 3.5 HO Chrysler engine requires premium fuel, could you make up a "PREMIUM FUEL ONLY" sticker for me?
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2013 10:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by seajai:

Wow, you hammered out those stickers pretty quick. The 3.5 HO Chrysler engine requires premium fuel, could you make up a "PREMIUM FUEL ONLY" sticker for me?

I had researched & found the font already, and had the sticker pretty much done. I just needed the measurements to scale it to the correct size. That and the fact I got a really cool Christmas present that makes cutting out the stickers a LOT easier now!

Yea, I could do the "Premium" one... the same size, font and such?

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 12-28-2013).]

seajai

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2013 10:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for seajaiSend a Private Message to seajaiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JohnWPB:

Yea, I could do the "Premium" one... the same size, font and such?

Yes, same size and font, etc. Just the word "premium" in place of the word "unleaded"

[This message has been edited by seajai (edited 12-28-2013).]

JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2013 02:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here is what it looks like. Did you want other stickers, or just this single one? I have no idea how to fairly price a single sticker LOL!

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 12-29-2013).]

josef644

Feedback score:    (71)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2013 07:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I will take one of the 'Premium Fuel Only' ones. You can just put it in an envelope and mail these out. I will be happy to pay for one of these.

I am planning on removing my hood and trunk one weekend this summer to paint the undersides with a new coat of Hot Rod Black. I will be needing a full set of replacements for a V6 soon.
-Joe
josef644

Feedback score:    (71)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2013 07:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

josef644

6939 posts
Member since Nov 2006
John PM sent
CoolBlue87GT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 151
Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2013 09:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What A cool machine ! Can you make a "USE DIESEL FUEL ONLY" for my TDI Fiero ? I'd like a "Premium Fuel Only'" also for my (gas) Formula.

Let me know the charge, would gladly pay what you need.

Thanks , Dave
PFF
System Bot
seajai

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2013 10:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for seajaiSend a Private Message to seajaiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2013 02:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yea, I can do the "Diesel" one as well. I am going to have to add these and update my website, as well as a better shopping cart system......

I know Rodney Dickman has the coolant fill and Notice stickers plus the unleaded fuel one available for $3.75 each + $2.75 shipping. I also got a PM reminding me of them, and the direct link, thank you for the link. I do not want to directly compete with Rodney, therefore I will not be selling any of those stickers individually. The "Premium" & "Diesel" are something not offered, so not a problem there.

If anyone can get a high quality photo, or better yet a scan of either / both the 1986 2.5l and the 1988 2.5l emission stickers, it would be greatly appreciated. Those are the only 2 that I am missing.

------------------

High Quality Fiero Reproduction Stickers are Available in THIS THREAD IN THE MALL.

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 12-29-2013).]

JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2013 01:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok, I created the 2 new fuel stickers, and put them for sale on my website (link in my signature). I put them up for $3.50 with free shipping. Rodney sells his stock fuel sticker for $3.75 + $2.50 for shipping, so I think my price is fair. This was not the intent of this thread, but will do what I can within reason to provide something that people want / need. I certainly never knew there was such a demand for different types of fuel stickers!

------------------

High Quality Fiero Reproduction Stickers are Available in THIS THREAD IN THE MALL.

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 12-30-2013).]

jon m

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2013 06:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jon mSend a Private Message to jon mEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Vernon8360:

Now, can you price it at a $1.32 per gallon?

That's the price of unleaded in the U.K but in pounds not dollars per litre

jon
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2013 10:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
OK, that was fast, I already had a order for 2 Diesel stickers this morning. Fast action requires fast response . I printed a sheet out this morning before work, cut them, and just dropped them off at the post office.
VikingRedBaron

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2013 07:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VikingRedBaronSend a Private Message to VikingRedBaronEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Did you send mine out yet
smartaxel

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2013 07:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for smartaxelClick Here to visit smartaxel's HomePageSend a Private Message to smartaxelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How about a C&C T-top install sticker? Is that doable?
VikingRedBaron

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2013 08:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VikingRedBaronSend a Private Message to VikingRedBaronEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by smartaxel:

If you got the cash Johnny can do it

[This message has been edited by VikingRedBaron (edited 12-30-2013).]

JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2013 09:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I actually have started working on one.... Finding the C&C Logo in a nice clear Hi-Res version has not gone so well......

smartaxel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2013 09:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for smartaxelClick Here to visit smartaxel's HomePageSend a Private Message to smartaxelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I sent you the 2 images I have via email. One is an entire sticker, one is just the logo. Not high res, but possibly usable- especially since you remake them

Edit: I sent 3.. The third one is a crummy jpg, but it shows a slightly different version of the sticker-layout wise

[This message has been edited by smartaxel (edited 12-30-2013).]

PFF
System Bot
CoolBlue87GT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 151
Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2013 11:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JohnWPB:

OK, that was fast, I already had a order for 2 Diesel stickers this morning. Fast action requires fast response . I printed a sheet out this morning before work, cut them, and just dropped them off at the post office.

Yep, that was me, thanks for the fast turn around !
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2013 12:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by CoolBlue87GT:

Yep, that was me, thanks for the fast turn around !

Yep, the order was yours. That was a fast turn around time if I do say so! 24 hours from just asking if I could make a custom sticker, to being dropped off at the post office on the way to you

fierogtlt1

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2013 12:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtlt1Send a Private Message to fierogtlt1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How about making stickers for the power mirror/window switches.
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2013 08:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierogtlt1:

How about making stickers for the power mirror/window switches.

I can do that, but it would honestly not look as good as the way they were imprinted originally at the factory. Also, trying to get a sticker that small to adhere to that rough texture could be problematic. I Could however print them "inverse" making a stencil to place over the plastic to spray the letters on or something......

JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2014 10:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Ok, I have been working on this one for a while now. The C&C logo was especially a pain with all the compound curves and such to recreate..... Finding the strange font that was used for the serial number was unsuccessful, so I used HighLogic's Font Creator to make a custom font with just those numbers in it.

I now just need the measurements of the original sticker, the exact height and width. I have designed the sticker to scale from a good photo of an original, so I just need the exact measurements to scale it down to the correct size for printing. I also did some research, and think I found a very close, if not exact match for the silver foil material that the sticker was printed in. I received the silver foild UPS today, and am ready to test print, as soon as I can get the exact size of the sticker.

Here is the sticker on a plain white background: (The black border is slightly wider, and the correct amount will be cut off on the dye cutting machine after they are printed.)

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 01-02-2014).]

Carcenomy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2014 08:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CarcenomyClick Here to visit Carcenomy's HomePageSend a Private Message to CarcenomyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dimensions for the sticker measured length and width of the white area in your image are 98mm x 51mm. Sorry we don't use galleons and inches here

The truly big question is how to replicate the hand-written text on the stickers - mine states that my car was modified by Paul in 1986

------------------

smartaxel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2014 04:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for smartaxelClick Here to visit smartaxel's HomePageSend a Private Message to smartaxelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
For those of us that installed our own T-tops, we can just sign our own names..

I'll buy one of the stickers when you are ready. Il get a "premium fuel only" sticker at the same time. I am in no rush though. Whenever you get them ready..
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2014 10:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry for the delay in responding. I am on an emergency road trip to get my nephew back to his Marine base before he is AWOL. His flight was canceled, and couldn't get another flight. So plan B was drive him from Forr Lauderdale to Richmond, VA. In NC headed home now (riding shotgun while posting this).

Thanks for the measurements. I should be able to run a few test stickers when I get home (after a LONG sleep!)
Carcenomy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2014 05:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CarcenomyClick Here to visit Carcenomy's HomePageSend a Private Message to CarcenomyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

For those of us that installed our own T-tops, we can just sign our own names..

Would love to have installed a set myself, but they appear to be almost unobtainium over there, let alone over here

Yeah I'd be keen for a C&C label reprint for mine, it's started peeling off.

------------------

JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2014 04:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Carcenomy:

Dimensions for the sticker measured length and width of the white area in your image are 98mm x 51mm. Sorry we don't use galleons and inches here

The truly big question is how to replicate the hand-written text on the stickers - mine states that my car was modified by Paul in 1986

I just plugged those numbers into Photoshop. Can you double check them? 98 x 51 would make the sticker twice as tall as it is wide, making it tall and narrow.

Here is an original sticker in scale, over the top of a 51mm x 98m yellow background. The sticker would really have to be stretched vertically to fit to those dimensions.

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 01-06-2014).]

PFF
System Bot
Carcenomy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2014 06:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CarcenomyClick Here to visit Carcenomy's HomePageSend a Private Message to CarcenomyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Doublechecked, I think the girlfriend just wrote down the wrong number last time. It's 88x51.
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2014 08:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very good, thank you! That should do it. I will check it out after I get home, headed out the door now for work now.
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2014 01:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

JohnWPB

5181 posts
Member since May 2009
WooHoo Half Day today, got home early! Ok, those measurements fit to the scale of the original sticker perfectly, thanks!

Here is the results of the first test run:

I am very happy the way these came out! They are done on a silver reflective foil paper just like the originals. As far as compating this with a photo of an original C&C sticker, I can not tell them apart. I have not seen one in person up close, so that is the best I can do for now.

Now, as mentioned, it is a matter of hand writing in a date and name. I think I will leave that up to whoever orders one. Trust me, with my hand writing, you do not want me doing it LOL.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock