muffler's what kind? by georgie
Started on: 12-19-2013 11:06 PM
Replies: 16 (635 views)
Last post by: Dennis LaGrua on 09-11-2020 04:32 PM
georgie

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2013 11:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for georgieSend a Private Message to georgieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What Muffler's give's a deep raspy sound? Does anyone no what to look for? Oh.. its for a 2.8
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
I FAR I

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2013 12:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for I FAR ISend a Private Message to I FAR IEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Flowmaster's best -- 40 Series!
fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 258
Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2013 10:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The Flowtech Afterburner is also a loud raspy muffler.
georgie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2013 11:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for georgieSend a Private Message to georgieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank's, for the info!
fffttt1

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2013 09:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fffttt1Send a Private Message to fffttt1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have a '87 GT 2.8V6.........replaced the catalytic converter with a glass pack muffler (cherry bomb) and have Spintech muffler installed. After trying many other combinations, I find this setup gives the best sound. Not raspy at all.
Old Lar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2013 03:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
When they were available, I had a Borla system installed on my two V6 Fieros.
x-thumpr-x

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2013 07:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for x-thumpr-xSend a Private Message to x-thumpr-xEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've got a spin-tech on my swap, so many people ask if I got a v8 under the hood and love the sound of it. Motor swap is only a modified 3400.
cam-a-lot

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post12-22-2013 06:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cam-a-lotSend a Private Message to cam-a-lotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You are lucky you are not in Canada. The Grammar Police (Unnecessary Apostrophe Division) would have hunted you down!!

//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/092933.html

SamanthaM

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2020 01:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SamanthaMSend a Private Message to SamanthaMEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fffttt1:

I have a '87 GT 2.8V6.........replaced the catalytic converter with a glass pack muffler (cherry bomb) and have Spintech muffler installed. After trying many other combinations, I find this setup gives the best sound. Not raspy at all.

My muffler guy suggested mounting the muffler where the cat is (that is totally shot) I am looking at the Spintech 6000XLP because of the dimensions it comes in. Do you know which Spintech you bought and did you try it without the glass pack? I had bought a Flowtech After Burner but it will not fit where my muffler should and it is too wide to go where the cat is. I just want a decent sound outside without a ton of internal noise?
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2020 10:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
After trying several different mufflers I settled on the Spintech design. Its non-restrictive and gives a nice deep tone. If you contact them and provide dimensions, they will make one for an exact fit. Many of their designs are build to order. I have them on my 3800SC and 4.9L cars.
We tried the Afterburner design and found it to be very loud. The Flowmasters were big ( and loud) that they didn't fit well. That's my take on it.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, P-log Manifold, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, Champion Radiator, S10 Brake Booster, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

Warlordsix

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2020 01:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WarlordsixSend a Private Message to WarlordsixEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I love the tone of the Flowmaster behind my 4.9, and mine fits like a glove. A deep, low, muscular rumble (NOT raspy) that turns heads, but at cruising speed it's wonderfully quiet in the cab...best of both worlds. Mine has 2.5" into the muffler and dual 2.25" out.

Ernie

------------------
'87 Fiero 4.9 5-speed

PFF
System Bot
Warlordsix

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2020 01:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WarlordsixSend a Private Message to WarlordsixEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Warlordsix

159 posts
Member since Apr 2016

Originally posted by cam-a-lot:

You are lucky you are not in Canada. The Grammar Police (Unnecessary Apostrophe Division) would have hunted you down!!

//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/092933.html

Hah! Never underestimate the power of the comma: "Have you eaten, Grandma?" "Have you eaten Grandma?"

Ernie

------------------
'87 Fiero 4.9 5-speed

SamanthaM

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2020 01:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SamanthaMSend a Private Message to SamanthaMEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dennis LaGrua:

After trying several different mufflers I settled on the Spintech design. Its non-restrictive and gives a nice deep tone. If you contact them and provide dimensions, they will make one for an exact fit. Many of their designs are build to order. I have them on my 3800SC and 4.9L cars.
We tried the Afterburner design and found it to be very loud. The Flowmasters were big ( and loud) that they didn't fit well. That's my take on it.

Thank you. I will give them a call so I get exactly what I need. I was on their website and almost ordered one until I noticed that it wasn't right. I wasn't sure what option to pick so I could get an inlet and outlet on the same side and the second outlet on the top..... God knows I don't want the wrong one again! And since this will fit where the stock muffler is, I can junk the old cat and still put on a new one if I want.
sourmash

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
User Banned

Report this Post09-10-2020 10:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't know how guys can like the Flowmaster. There's one on my 4.5 and it's not as annoying as some cars I've heard but man it's pretty unimaginative to my ears.
Quad GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2020 02:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Quad GTSend a Private Message to Quad GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dennis LaGrua:

I ordered a spintech last year and couldnt wait to put it up but sadly the way my 3800SC is positioned the muffler doesnt fit

Id have to notch the side a bit for it to fit
Jon88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2020 04:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jon88GTSend a Private Message to Jon88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I purchased a Spintech muffler because I loved the sound on the YouTube video below. Stock vs aftermarket comparisons...watch until the end. I haven't installed it yet. I'm actually enjoying the stock sound, which is louder than I thought it would be. I just purchased my Fiero this summer.

https://youtu.be/LoChoFgS-b4

https://www.ebay.com/itm/SP...ash=item56b0b7a26b:g uwAAOSwnH1WbPGf
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2020 04:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Quad GT:
I ordered a spintech last year and couldnt wait to put it up but sadly the way my 3800SC is positioned the muffler doesnt fit

Id have to notch the side a bit for it to fit

The driver side lower corner of the Spintech can provide some interference. Some guys notch that area but I just hammered that area a bit with a hammer using an auto body dolly to shape it for clearance. It didn't take that much to shape the area for clearance. The plus is that with my system I got to keep the full trunk and retained the heat shield

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, P-log Manifold, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, Champion Radiator, S10 Brake Booster, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

[This message has been edited by Dennis LaGrua (edited 09-11-2020).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock