Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Does anyone have a picture of an Archie Widebody non-choptop?

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Does anyone have a picture of an Archie Widebody non-choptop? by DanDamage
Started on: 12-09-2013 07:41 AM
Replies: 14 (781 views)
Last post by: revin on 12-11-2013 09:22 AM
DanDamage

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 81
Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2013 07:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DanDamageSend a Private Message to DanDamageEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If they are stil being sold I want an Archie Widebody. But have only seen them on choptops. Any pics of what they look like on regular height fieros?

------------------
This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view. What I live for

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Old Lar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2013 09:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
carbon

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2013 09:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Stupid... never took pictures of the whole car...

Found one...

and...

[This message has been edited by carbon (edited 12-09-2013).]

DanDamage

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2013 08:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DanDamageSend a Private Message to DanDamageEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
^That yellow one is seriously my dream car. Does the widebody come with front fenders?

Also who makes the hatch with the 350z glass?

Thanks in advance
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2013 08:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DanDamage:

^That yellow one is seriously my dream car. Does the widebody come with front fenders?

Also who makes the hatch with the 350z glass?

Thanks in advance

The wide front fenders are an additional option that can be added to the basic widebody kit.

Archie also makes the 350z glass hatch.
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2013 10:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It could be just me But I don't think the Archie wide body looks right without a chop top,
DanDamage

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2013 10:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DanDamageSend a Private Message to DanDamageEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks everyone!

Another question. I've seen whole front ends converted with Vette lights. Is that an option too? I dont see how the wider fenders would line up with the GT bumper but I supposed it does.
VF1Skullangel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2013 11:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for VF1SkullangelClick Here to visit VF1Skullangel's HomePageSend a Private Message to VF1SkullangelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I wanna see someone stretch a Fiero with the Madarch body and do a chop top. I think that would be sick!
Macs86GT

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2013 11:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Macs86GTSend a Private Message to Macs86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Love the yellow car, and its nice to see one on a fastback that isn't the same pics of chop tops. I like a chop, but to me it kinda looks like someone squashed the fiero.
Fiero84Freak

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2013 12:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero84FreakSend a Private Message to Fiero84FreakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Archie's widebody does not widen the portion of the car where the front fascia meets the fender. The major part that is widened is the area behind the front wheels leading up to the wheel well peak. The OEM front fascia is retained for the widebody kit, with removal of the front marker light housings and a separate attach bar that Archie supplies to secure the front fender with the front fascia. He showed this setup in his original inquiry thread when the widebody molds were being created.

Since some vendors are now offering reproduction aero front fascias they are often utilized when constructing kits like this to allow for customization, and this can also allow individual customization of the widebody up front (like using Amida's 512 nose for instance). There's actually a lot of options that are available to make a Archie widebody pretty unique from the front when you think about it.

Archie has done a lot of various works involving flush mount headlamps including 300ZX and 3000GT headlamps. MadCurl whom does not post here anymore utilized C6 Corvette headlamps. Performing this type modification to a Fiero is not any easy task, and if you have someone do it for you expect to pay quite a pretty penny for it; at the least you'll be out a few Gs for parts and basic initial work, then go upwards from there.

Archie's hatchback kit is $675.00 for the base kit. He doesn't include the glass because it's easier to source local than trying to ship it. The widebody with the front fenders is around $2,250.00. Again add what I mentioned about for custom headlight work, and then if you want to source a new reproduction front fascia (between $300-$500 depending on what you get and who you go with), and you get an idea of a very basic base price. Then add on all the little extras and if you have to have somebody do the work for you, then later add on quality paint work and you'll easily get into the five figure range.
TommyRocker

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2013 07:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TommyRockerSend a Private Message to TommyRockerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pontiackid86:

It could be just me But I don't think the Archie wide body looks right without a chop top,

I'm in the opposite camp. I've always thought chopped Fieros looked awkward and horribly out or proportion, and combining a chop with a widebody makes them even more ridiculous looking. It's like a dwarf with a full length torso but stumpy legs looks silly, then you make him bulk up and he looks even sillier.
PFF
System Bot
DanDamage

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2013 08:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanDamageSend a Private Message to DanDamageEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fiero84Freak thank you SO MUCH for the info brother!!!
yellowstone

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 250
Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2013 08:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TommyRocker:

I'm in the opposite camp. I've always thought chopped Fieros looked awkward and horribly out or proportion, and combining a chop with a widebody makes them even more ridiculous looking. It's like a dwarf with a full length torso but stumpy legs looks silly, then you make him bulk up and he looks even sillier.

+1
troyboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2013 10:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TommyRocker:

revin

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 234
Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2013 09:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock