ls4 wiring by l67ss
Started on: 12-04-2013 02:48 AM
Replies: 3 (2158 views)
Last post by: Darth Fiero on 12-05-2013 01:52 PM
l67ss

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2013 02:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for l67ssSend a Private Message to l67ssEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Anyone have any wiring diagrams for the ls4? Any and all help would be appreciated. Thanks
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 257
Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2013 06:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you have a 2007+ (E67 ECM), you can use these, but with a couple of notes. I wired up the TCM even though I am running a manual, so the TCM sheet isn't accurate for the wires that need to go from the TCM to the 4T65. Also, I swapped out several parts to non-LS4 pieces, but I included both stock and non-stock wiring details. I have a service manual for a 2007 Impala SS, so if you need scans of some of the info I can get those as well.:

For the tach, you need to add a 12V wire with a 680 ohm (or 1K ohm) resistor like so:

[This message has been edited by fieroguru (edited 12-04-2013).]

l67ss

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2013 11:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for l67ssSend a Private Message to l67ssEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks man

Originally posted by fieroguru:

If you have a 2007+ (E67 ECM), you can use these, but with a couple of notes. I wired up the TCM even though I am running a manual, so the TCM sheet isn't accurate for the wires that need to go from the TCM to the 4T65. Also, I swapped out several parts to non-LS4 pieces, but I included both stock and non-stock wiring details. I have a service manual for a 2007 Impala SS, so if you need scans of some of the info I can get those as well.:

For the tach, you need to add a 12V wire with a 680 ohm (or 1K ohm) resistor like so:

Darth Fiero

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 361
Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2013 01:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Darth FieroClick Here to visit Darth Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Darth FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by l67ss:

Anyone have any wiring diagrams for the ls4? Any and all help would be appreciated. Thanks

Note that if you have a 2005-06 LS4 engine, that is the Gen3 LS engine which will *only* (without significant modifications) work with the E40 LS4 ECM.

If you have a 2007-newer LS4 engine, it is a Gen4 LS engine which will work with the E67 and other popular GM CAN-bus ECMs.

-ryan

------------------
OVERKILL IS UNDERRATED

Custom GM OBD1 & OBD2 Tuning | Engine Conversions & more | www.gmtuners.com

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay