Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Anyone using a push-button hazard switch?

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Anyone using a push-button hazard switch? by Boostdreamer
Started on: 12-03-2013 11:16 AM
Replies: 6 (324 views)
Last post by: Boostdreamer on 12-03-2013 10:57 PM
Boostdreamer

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2013 11:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'd like to use the dash space where the rear defrost goes for a modern hazard light switch. I'd like it to "glow" with the key on like new ones do. Has anybody done something like this? Details, pics, and build threads?

------------------
Jonathan

'68-69 GTO Nose - The Project has Begun!
My '85 L67 Build Thread

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
lateFormula

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2013 11:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for lateFormulaSend a Private Message to lateFormulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Have you located one of these triangular switches that would be small enough to fit on that small panel? I have not measured one of these myself, but just from the size of these switches under one of my fingers, I would think right off the bat that they are too wide to fit on the trim panel where the rear window defogger switch or the trunk release switch are on the Fiero. I have seen these switches in many late model domestic and European cars, and I'm thinking they are too big for where you want to put one on the Fiero. I might be wrong, but measurements won't lie.
Boostdreamer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2013 04:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I haven't measured. I was thinking that something generic and suitable might be available in the "help" section at any auto parts store.

Jonathan
Boostdreamer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2013 04:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Boostdreamer

7175 posts
Member since Jun 2007
Here's an example of what Advance Auto has to offer off the shelf. It looks slim enough to fit in the defroster switch area.

http://shop.advanceautopart...chTerm=hazard+switch

Jonathan
lateFormula

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2013 06:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lateFormulaSend a Private Message to lateFormulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hmm, that would probably work. I was thinking of the type of switch that I have seen in many cars that is a variant of this:

[This message has been edited by lateFormula (edited 12-03-2013).]

jb1

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2013 08:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jb1Send a Private Message to jb1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I will be starting my c5 interior swap in the next few weeks it uses small push button in the center. vents

------------------

87GTseries 1 3800sc (7.597 @88.53 1.579 60ft)
(series II swap in progress)
85GT Northstar/ 4t80e
86GT 3800 n/a
My Build

Boostdreamer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2013 10:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't want to remove the original one, I just want to add the new one. Can I do that and leave both of them functional or should I disable the original? Anybody have any thoughts on the wiring? Where to cut or splice? Will I need an extra wire to burn the "glow" bulb?

Jonathan

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock