Back from the dead 86 GT with L67 swap by CoFieroGt
Started on: 11-30-2013 12:52 PM
Replies: 10 (426 views)
Last post by: CoFieroGt on 12-01-2013 10:52 PM
CoFieroGt

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2013 12:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoFieroGtSend a Private Message to CoFieroGtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My name is Jerad I live in Colorado Springs, CO been lurking around on here for some time now and recently joined. I just bought my first Fiero its a 1986 GT. My Uncle (axxessitall on the forum I believe) built around 10 years ago with some help from me. It has a L67 swap with OBD1 computer, 5 speed, and Firebird interior.

The car was never really finished still had several small issues that were never addressed and wound up sitting outside for about 5 to 6 years until I purchased it last month.

I had to trailer it home and began removing all the pine needles from the engine bay. I discovered that the exhaust had completely split and fallen mostly off, the battery tray was shot and the supercharger belt had about eaten halfway through a coolant hose. I pulled the exhaust off where it split, moved the battery to the trunk with new cables, put fresh oil in it, new air filter, filled the tank with fresh fuel and voila it fired up instantly like it never even sat!

Got to drive it around the block but returned quickly as its not registered or insured at the moment. Not to mention the tires are dry rotted like crazy.

I'm planning to go over several other things in the next few months to get it ready for spring since it has sat for so long; transmission fluid, supercharger oil, plugs, wires, fuel filter, brakes, brake fluid, clutch fluid.

I have already ordered tires they are Continental Conti Extreme Contact DW 215/45-17 fronts and 245/45-17 back hopefully they are good tires I got a heck of a deal on them and from what I have read they seam decent.

Anyways wanted to introduce myself and the car hopefully we can meet up sometime in the spring/summer and get to know each other.

Jerad

[This message has been edited by CoFieroGt (edited 11-30-2013).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Grantman

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2013 01:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GrantmanSend a Private Message to GrantmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
way cool start to a really fun project. Welcome

------------------
1986 Fiero GT Fastback 3.4Lpr with 4T60
1979 Naked Honda Goldwing - sold
1983 Honda Goldwing 1100 Interstate

CoFieroGt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2013 01:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoFieroGtSend a Private Message to CoFieroGtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Grantman:

way cool start to a really fun project. Welcome

Thanks! I'm having a blast with this I have been around Fiero's my whole life my dad had an 84 and my uncle has had both a notchback and this one. I cant complain for the 400 bucks I paid for the car I think I got a smoking deal even with the work it needs.
notwohorns

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2013 01:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for notwohornsSend a Private Message to notwohornsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That's a heck of a vehicle to start out with. I've been wanting to install a 3.8 in my fiero. Welcome to the madness
CoFieroGt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2013 01:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoFieroGtSend a Private Message to CoFieroGtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by notwohorns:

That's a heck of a vehicle to start out with. I've been wanting to install a 3.8 in my fiero. Welcome to the madness

Thanks! yeah I'm pretty lucky to have had one in the family I could pick up. I can tell you the supercharged 3.8 is an awesome motor in these cars its plenty of power and lots of options for upgrades. This Fiero is easily faster than my previous car which was an 02 Z28 Camaro 6 speed that had full exhaust intake and a tune. Good luck with your swap!
CoFieroGt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2013 08:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoFieroGtSend a Private Message to CoFieroGtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

CoFieroGt

37 posts
Member since Nov 2013
I'm going to plastidip the whole car what do you guys think about white with the "glossifier"? I have seen several people plastidip there cars and they turn out way better than you would expect for the price you cant beat it.
FieroMaster88

Feedback score:    (43)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2013 09:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice car! Welcome to the forum.

------------------

88 Coupe: 2.0L Turbo 4 Cylinder, W2A, T25 Turbo.
84 Indy #64: Restoration Project, Super Duty 4 swap

fierogtlt1

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2013 10:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtlt1Send a Private Message to fierogtlt1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Welcome to Pennock's.....Your car looks great.I will hopefully be doing that interior swap at the beginning of the year.
CoFieroGt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2013 10:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoFieroGtSend a Private Message to CoFieroGtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks everyone yeah the interior looks great if I could only figure out a way to close off the ends of the door panels they are currently gorilla tapped it looks trashy lol.
fierogtlt1

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2013 10:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtlt1Send a Private Message to fierogtlt1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I believe JScott1 made ends on his door panels.
CoFieroGt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2013 10:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoFieroGtSend a Private Message to CoFieroGtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierogtlt1:

I believe JScott1 made ends on his door panels.

I will have to message him and find out how he did it thanks!
PFF
System Bot

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock