Started on: 11-26-2013 12:14 AM
Replies: 6 (391 views)
Last post by: pontiackid86 on 11-26-2013 12:21 PM
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2013 12:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I regret having sold this car every day, as pretty as it looked in pictures they did not do this car justice... Also if you had seen it in person the paint had a lot of imperfections But non the less... This when I bought it was a $1000 car as you see it, (I swapped the interior to great) Started up, Ran drove, the car had 250K miles on the body but it had underwent a full frame up restoration, But when I bought it the owner would not let me test drive it as to later found out it was over heating, I called the owner to ask what the issue was and he said it had a bad head gasket and "it was my problem form there" so I towed it home and took a good long look into it and found that the radiator fan would not turn on before overheating, Looked at the fan, turned on the A/C and it popped on... So confused as hell I called DIY-stu and asked him how to test the fan switch, Well after doing so I went down to autozone, bought a $15 fan switch, brought it home, drove it around, whala all fixed and for a good while I had this car and was almost using it as my daily with only having had replaced that switch and a ICM, This was truly one of the most reliable fieros on the road.... May It rest in peace as the owner after me got into an accident with it.

But If I had not sold it I would not have been able to buy the my notchback IMSA

[This message has been edited by pontiackid86 (edited 11-26-2013).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2013 12:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice Car PK! I was thinking on trying something like that for the heck of it on my car with Pasti Dip. If I don't like it, I can just peel it off.

I was reading the post, and reading, and thinking to myself... Hmmm he has not mentioned IMSA one single time so far. As I read further and further I was thinking Wooo Hoo he made it through an entire post without mentioning it! Way to Go! ! ! Then I got to the VERY LAST WORD IN THE POST LOL

Originally posted by pontiackid86:
I regret having sold this car every day, as pretty as it looked in pictures they did not do this car justice... Also if you had seen it in person the paint had a lot of imperfections But non the less... This when I bought it was a $1000 car as you see it, (I swapped the interior to great) Started up, Ran drove, the car had 250K miles on the body but it had underwent a full frame up restoration, But when I bought it the owner would not let me test drive it as to later found out it was over heating, I called the owner to ask what the issue was and he said it had a bad head gasket and "it was my problem form there" so I towed it home and took a good long look into it and found that the radiator fan would not turn on before overheating, Looked at the fan, turned on the A/C and it popped on... So confused as hell I called DIY-stu and asked him how to test the fan switch, Well after doing so I went down to autozone, bought a $15 fan switch, brought it home, drove it around, whala all fixed and for a good while I had this car and was almost using it as my daily with only having had replaced that switch and a ICM, This was truly one of the most reliable fieros on the road.... May It rest in peace as the owner after me got into an accident with it.

But If I had not sold it I would not have been able to buy the my notchback IMSA

skuzzbomer

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2013 01:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I miss the power pickle.
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2013 01:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JohnWPB:

Nice Car PK! I was thinking on trying something like that for the heck of it on my car with Pasti Dip. If I don't like it, I can just peel it off.

I was reading the post, and reading, and thinking to myself... Hmmm he has not mentioned IMSA one single time so far. As I read further and further I was thinking Wooo Hoo he made it through an entire post without mentioning it! Way to Go! ! ! Then I got to the VERY LAST WORD IN THE POST LOL

Lol think of it s a story as to what this car moved on to... I still wish I had held onto it though.
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2013 01:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

pontiackid86

19632 posts
Member since Sep 2008
Plus one wide body is on the back burner right now and the other is out of my hands for the time being... My current obsession? The basterdized Mera
1988holleyformula

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2013 11:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1988holleyformulaSend a Private Message to 1988holleyformulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've always loved the shade of green that car had on it. I'd love to re-paint my Formula in that green with white lettering for the decals.
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2013 12:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 1988holleyformula:

I've always loved the shade of green that car had on it. I'd love to re-paint my Formula in that green with white lettering for the decals.

It was known as jadegreen from what the Previous owner told me...

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock