Hello Everyone! I got a Fiero! :D by GSingh
Started on: 11-24-2013 09:12 PM
Replies: 10 (477 views)
Last post by: GSingh on 12-01-2013 02:16 AM
GSingh

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2013 09:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GSinghSend a Private Message to GSinghEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hello Everyone!

I just bought my first Fiero and wanted to introduce myself to the forum. Hopefully i will be using this thread to document the work i do/have done to restore my car.
I am 19 years old and my 1987 Fiero GT is the second car i have ever owned. The first car was a 1987 Pontiac Trans am GTA, which i enjoyed 2 summers ago, but ended with a tragic engine problem, which has caused it to be stored ever since. I have always wanted a 2 seated mid engine car and once i discovered the Fiero, i knew it had to be my next car! I am from London, Ontario, Canada and so far have only seen one other Fiero around my area. It had some really interesting work done to it so I searched up the licence plate and found out it was forum member "Arns85GT". I bought my Fiero at the start of last summer for just over $1000 and it was in barely drive-able condition but i did drive it home from Windsor (200Km). The car was rusted everywhere. It even had big holes caused by rust in the rear wheel well going into the trunk area.

I'm glad to finally become a member of this forum, and hope to meet lots of knowledgeable people!

The car when i bought it:

I have restored a lot of this car since then, will post current pictures soon.

[This message has been edited by GSingh (edited 11-24-2013).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
steve308

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2013 09:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Welcome to the forum!
GSingh

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2013 10:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GSinghSend a Private Message to GSinghEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What i have done to it so far:
-Sandblasted Everything. Applied rust resistant primer to everything i sandblasted and then painted everything with black rust resistant paint. (I hate rust)
-Repaired the all the holes caused by the rust.
-Bought and Installed Complete Polyurethane Bushing Kit.
-Replaced Front Shocks
-Bought and Installed "Vented Front Brake Conversion Kit"
-Replaced rear brake calipers.
-Replaced all brake pads
-Fabricated my own Radiator / Cross-Member Lower Support Braces
-Bought and Installed Complete Suspension Ball Joint Kit
-Replaced Parking Brake Cables
-Replaced Steering Stabilizer
-Repaired some holes in the exhaust and painted it

More recent pics: (Sorry i didn't re-size my images in the first post)

CoolBlue87GT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 151
Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2013 10:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Welcome, Wow, what a first post. Tearing right into that puppy. Looks like you made great progress so far..

Interesting garage, looks like you have a good amount of room to work in. Hard to heat ? Any outside shots ?

[This message has been edited by CoolBlue87GT (edited 11-24-2013).]

no2pencil

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2013 10:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for no2pencilSend a Private Message to no2pencilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow, what a setup! Looks like you've done some great work!

Welcome to the forum!
Arns85GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2013 08:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Arns85GTSend a Private Message to Arns85GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Welcome to the forum, and congrats on a great restoration job.

I live around the corner and I have a bunch of parts if you need any.

Shoot me an email if you need help. You can find me on the memberlist

Arn

------------------

GSingh

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2013 09:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GSinghSend a Private Message to GSinghEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Welcome to the forum!

Thanks steve308!

Welcome, Wow, what a first post. Tearing right into that puppy. Looks like you made great progress so far..

Interesting garage, looks like you have a good amount of room to work in. Hard to heat ? Any outside shots ?

Thanks CoolBlue87GT! I don't have any pictures of my garage but its a large dome shaped outdoor garage. It can fit around 8 cars side by side. Its a heated garage so its not hard to heat, when the heating system is hooked up to propane ( i haven't refilled it in a long time tho).

Wow, what a setup! Looks like you've done some great work!

Welcome to the forum!

Thank you, No2Pencil! I'm glad to be here!

Welcome to the forum, and congrats on a great restoration job.
I live around the corner and I have a bunch of parts if you need any.
Shoot me an email if you need help. You can find me on the memberlist
Arn

Hey Arn! That's great to hear that you live close! Your car will be a great inspiration to me once i finish restoring and start doing modifications.
Thank you so much for offering to help. I will contact through email you shortly.

[This message has been edited by GSingh (edited 11-25-2013).]

TheDigitalAlchemist

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2013 08:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Welcome! Great work so far!
fierobug

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2013 08:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobugSend a Private Message to fierobugEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Phoenix obtains new life by arising from the great work of GSing. Another Fiero saved!
RCR

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2013 09:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Welcome to the forum. Great start so far.

More recent pics: (Sorry i didn't re-size my images in the first post)

Speaking for myself, I like BIG pics.

Bob
GSingh

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2013 02:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GSinghSend a Private Message to GSinghEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you everyone! Hopefully I'll have the car running by tomorrow! Too bad it's winter :'(
Yeah RCR I agree too.
PFF
System Bot

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock