Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Does anyone know where to get blank center caps to fit Scion TC rims?

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Does anyone know where to get blank center caps to fit Scion TC rims? by JohnWPB
Started on: 11-23-2013 11:37 PM
Replies: 4 (462 views)
Last post by: JohnWPB on 11-24-2013 07:58 PM
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2013 11:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just took my center caps off to put some stickers on them that I made tonight. I did not realize how the "Chrome" coverd plastic caps had oxidized. They are only 2 years old, and have been under a carport for the entire time. I Google'd and found the ones with the Scion logo, but not just plain blank ones. I would imagine there are a ton of center caps that are the same size and that would fit. I just am not sure how to go about looking for ones that would be compatible.

I bought the rims here on the forum a long time ago, and they came with the blank center caps, not the Scion ones. The rims are 17" if that even changes for the TC or not.

Here you can see the oxidation and pitting on the ones that I have now:
(The pitting is a lot worse in person that what came out in the photo's. It is enhanced by the bumps not allowing the stickers to lay completely flat and smooth)

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 11-24-2013).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
fierogtlt1

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2013 11:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtlt1Send a Private Message to fierogtlt1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
http://www.amazon.com/TOYOT...on+wheel+center+caps

They are $47.15 a set on Amazon.

[This message has been edited by fierogtlt1 (edited 11-23-2013).]

JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2013 01:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Those will fit, and I did find ones similar on Ebay. The ones on Amazon have a inner circle indented in them. I would like to get the smooth ones like I have pictured above though.

I would imagine that there have to be a ton of ones that would be compatible. I mean any cap that has a hub diameter that's 2" should work, and not have to be for a "Scion" particularly.

jaredmurray88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2013 04:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaredmurray88Send a Private Message to jaredmurray88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
stupid question... Why don't you just take some coke and tin foil to them instead of buying new ones? Tin and coke can remove some pitting also never dull from walmart works good I hear but I cannot say for pits or bubbles.
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2013 07:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jaredmurray88:

stupid question... Why don't you just take some coke and tin foil to them instead of buying new ones? Tin and coke can remove some pitting also never dull from walmart works good I hear but I cannot say for pits or bubbles.

I have seen that done on rims and bumpers, but the caps are plastic with some sort of "chrome like" material on them. I do not know if it is indeed metallic chrome, or will just scratch to all H E Double L if I tried that. It is the same "chrome like" stuff that they use on cheap bathroom faucets that bubble and turn green.

I did try soaking them with Scrubbing Bubbles, which will remove most minor surface rust, and it did not help these at all. It is not rust, but some wort of oxidation or pitting / bubbling on the surface.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock