Air Compressor. by fierogtlt1
Started on: 11-23-2013 01:38 PM
Replies: 2 (153 views)
Last post by: fierogtlt1 on 11-23-2013 06:48 PM
fierogtlt1

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2013 01:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtlt1Send a Private Message to fierogtlt1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am cramped on space for big equipment.So I need to know what is the smallest air compressor that I can get for running a spray gun for paint.Thanks.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
DL10

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 160
Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2013 03:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DL10Click Here to visit DL10's HomePageSend a Private Message to DL10Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You need to look at what your air consumption needs are. Look at the papers that came with your paint gun and see what the cfm requirements are. Then increase that amount by 50%. You also need to look at where you are going to put the compressor while you are spraying and how much hose you will need ( in feet ) to get all the way around the item being painted. The compressor must be well away from any fumes as it will ignite them if they get near the electric motor . The more hose length you have the more the air flow ( volume ) is restricted which means you need larger diameter air hose and higher discharge pressure at the compressor. You will typically lose about 10 psi for every 50 ft of 3/8 in id air hose. If there is a local Sears store near you go there and look at what they sell as far as air compressors are concerned. You will find both oilless and cylinder type units in both 110 and 220 volt models. Thats why I said to figure out where you can put the unit, what electric outlets are available, 110 or 220? I would suggest that you want a unit that will produce at least 8 to 10 cfm at 90 psi.
fierogtlt1

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2013 06:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtlt1Send a Private Message to fierogtlt1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank You for the info...

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock