Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Anyone Plasti Dip their notchback sail panels?

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Anyone Plasti Dip their notchback sail panels? by CorridorCulprit
Started on: 11-21-2013 11:49 PM
Replies: 6 (349 views)
Last post by: Jake_Dragon on 11-24-2013 07:39 AM
CorridorCulprit

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2013 11:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CorridorCulpritSend a Private Message to CorridorCulpritEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Mine have a slight crack in each of them, and I want to know if anyone has tried this before and if it worked for them. And if it worked, how did it look?
I'm looking for a "quick fix" until I have the time to actually replace them.
I tried searching for it, but I'm not a guru with the search function lol.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2013 09:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I havent seen anyone do sails, but it may not hide the crack. I have it on some truck wheels, it disguised the delaminating coating on the aluminum wheels but you can still see the edge if you look close.
S-toon

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2013 12:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for S-toonSend a Private Message to S-toonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It wont hide the cracks. It is basically like paint that you can peel off. The cracks will show just like if it was regular paint. I have done my rims, and roof and sails and fronth mouth lol. You cant see the sails cus its kind of far but here is my car.

NEVERDONE

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2013 04:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NEVERDONESend a Private Message to NEVERDONEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Same here. I did my sails to see if the dip would hide the crack. It does not. Like he said its basically a thick paint you can peel off.
CorridorCulprit

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2013 01:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CorridorCulpritSend a Private Message to CorridorCulpritEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you guys for the replies, I was hoping it'd hide it but I guess I'll just replace it sooner then
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2013 02:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you are not worried about harming the sails, you can use some type of body filler, putty, glue, epoxy ect. Just lay down small bead in along the crack, work it in, then hit it with some sandpaper when it's dry. Then, when you Plasti Dip it, they will look nice and smooth.
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2013 07:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It would make a nice treatment for the frame but there are better solutions for the "glass" part.
I have a set of 84 sail panels that I have been hanging on to, they have actual glass and not plastic.

http://www.fierosails.com has replacement sail panels

If you just want to make what you have now look better then John is correct you can use some body filler in the crack.
Used parts are getting harder to find and we are all having to think out of the box to keep our cars on the road.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock