1988 Coupe Restoration and AC conversion by gtxbullet
Started on: 11-20-2013 04:48 PM
Replies: 0 (313 views)
Last post by: gtxbullet on 11-20-2013 04:48 PM
gtxbullet

Feedback score:    (88)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2013 04:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gtxbulletSend a Private Message to gtxbulletEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well as may people already know; I have be selling fieros and parts for several years now as well as servicing local ones.
I decided after years of waiting to finally start restoring my 88 BASE Coupe.

Originally I bought it from a very nice guy who had been daily driving it. From Fon Du Lac to Wauwatosa.

Picked it up for $1100 (put a lot. More into it. Lol) and soon became my favorite car.
at the time it had an 84-86 rear coupe bumper and the original luggage rack decklid. The paint was flawless.

over the next couple years it became a symbol of my new found freedom after some serious health issues.
as I came to know more in the community I got into buying non running Fieros and fixing them up so others could enjoy the experience
I also started parting out the sad neglected cars that some never loved.
since then I've owned about 24 fieros and sent off thousands of parts.
not as a way to make money but to fund my "project"...
I've lost a lot on bad deals and mishaps and decided that for once Id like my Fieros (The one Ill never sell) to be as nice looking as some of the gems I've worked on.

after working hard and long for this goal I recently started the work. (Even though the money really isn't there (I'm sure others share in this predicament ;-) )

It began with wanting to add Air conditioning (condensor, compressor, lines, HVAC, front compartment harness and interior harness...still working on getting the harness).

And now I have re-enamled the front frame with the proper semigloss black, added IMSA side scoops, replaced little bits no one ever thinks about like the door ajar switch seals, latch gasket...ok so maybe Ill stop with the details for now.

I'm taking as many pictures as I can of the whole process.

Basically I wanted to share. And thank everyone who has helped me in one way or another to keep me on my feet and on the road in the past.
I am very thankful to be a part of the community and hope I get to continue meeting good people and share in this wonderful obsession

I will upload pictures as often as possible.
what started as a simple task has turned into a full out project.
if anyone can give a helping hand or wants to just chat I would be honored and thankful.

Sincerely, gtxbullet...aka Steve

------------------
F.I.E.R.O. - Fantastically Imaginative Engineering Racing Object

I'm here to Help, just ask

www.fquick.com/GTXBULLET
Tech/Mechanic (Restorations, Modifications, and Service)
1988 Base Coupe (the show car ;-) )
2003 GTP Daily Driver
Size 13 Feet with Cracking Ankles and Tired Knees

[This message has been edited by gtxbullet (edited 11-20-2013).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot

All times are ET (US)
next newest topic | next oldest topic

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors