Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  who does 3800 swaps in the michigan or surrounding states?

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
who does 3800 swaps in the michigan or surrounding states? by ttt123
Started on: 11-18-2013 09:36 AM
Replies: 11 (477 views)
Last post by: solotwo on 02-13-2014 10:13 PM
ttt123

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2013 09:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ttt123Send a Private Message to ttt123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
just curious if anyone has someone to recommend in the area. i hate starting new threads for small questions like this but doing a search isn't yielding much...

i can tow the car within reason to a location. I'm just looking for a basic install with any seriesII 3800 sc motor. don't care about miles on the motor as long as it drives and i can enjoy it for a few months till i finish up the projects i have going on with my house then i can rebuild/upgrade etc. not looking to spend top dollar for it just as basic as can be for now. it wouldn't need a trans as i would like to keep the four speed manual the 2.8 is bolted to.

thanks
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Gall757

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2013 09:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How about Olejoedad?
ttt123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2013 10:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ttt123Send a Private Message to ttt123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I will see if i can find him.

thanks
darkhorizon

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 451
Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2013 10:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I might have an opening this winter. Let me know your budget and other details such as exhaust expectations, mods, etc.
Kevin87FieroGT

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2013 10:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Kevin87FieroGTSend a Private Message to Kevin87FieroGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM OLEJOEDAD. Located in Homer, MI
ttt123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2013 10:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ttt123Send a Private Message to ttt123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by darkhorizon:

I might have an opening this winter. Let me know your budget and other details such as exhaust expectations, mods, etc.

exhaust... ummm ??? lol duct tape and jb weld would be fine by me lol dark last summer i built an 800hp twin turbo camaro (my eighth one).... I'm just burned out of turning a wrench and the house we just moved into is awesome but I'm doing a kitchen remodel... plus a three yr old plus work... i just don't have time.

what ever would get the car up and running with the motor the cheapest would be my budget for now. not trying to low ball anyone just want something to play with till i finish up projects and can get free time to rebuild it down the road with performance.

I see motors for $300 to $500 on craigslist so if this kind of swap can be done in a weekend or so i was thinking the $1000 to $1500 range to pay for it would be fair( if I'm way off... sorry just throwing a number out there) for a down and dirty swap.

The fiero is an 85 2.8 manual and very clean. only has 90k original miles on it. so rusted bolts shouldn't be that bad on the car.

Brian
ttt123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2013 07:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ttt123Send a Private Message to ttt123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

ttt123

314 posts
Member since Jan 2008
ok talked to a few people who do swaps.... um ya i was way off lol. so that 2.8 motor isn't so bad lolol

doesn't hurt to ask right
Justinbart

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2013 08:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JustinbartSend a Private Message to JustinbartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Best thing is to just do it yourself. It don't work to pay someone else for their time and have them cut corners.

If you do decide to move forward I have some exhaust options for sale.

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.
This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

------------------
Turbo 3800 E85 F23 5spd spec5
10.91@133.1

libtechsnow78

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2014 06:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for libtechsnow78Send a Private Message to libtechsnow78Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I know of a guy here in grand rapids that does an amazing job, reasonable priced too

Originally posted by ttt123:

just curious if anyone has someone to recommend in the area. i hate starting new threads for small questions like this but doing a search isn't yielding much...

i can tow the car within reason to a location. I'm just looking for a basic install with any seriesII 3800 sc motor. don't care about miles on the motor as long as it drives and i can enjoy it for a few months till i finish up the projects i have going on with my house then i can rebuild/upgrade etc. not looking to spend top dollar for it just as basic as can be for now. it wouldn't need a trans as i would like to keep the four speed manual the 2.8 is bolted to.

thanks

Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2014 10:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Want an inexpensive swap? The Cadillac 4.9L /auto swap is relatively cheap. Used engines are not expensive and the swap uses many standard GM parts including axles. The swap gives 275 ft lbs of torque and 200HP, far better than stock performance and about 30hwy mpg. .

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Powerlog manifold, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Flotech Afterburner Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

ttt123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2014 08:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ttt123Send a Private Message to ttt123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dennis LaGrua:

Want an inexpensive swap? The Cadillac 4.9L /auto swap is relatively cheap. Used engines are not expensive and the swap uses many standard GM parts including axles. The swap gives 275 ft lbs of torque and 200HP, far better than stock performance and about 30hwy mpg. .

thanks guys, i ended up picking up a 3.4l motor with 26k original miles on it and I'm going turbo.

PFF
System Bot
solotwo

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2014 10:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Kevin87FieroGT:

PM OLEJOEDAD. Located in Homer, MI

Yes they do great work.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock