Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Who wants to swap a 3.4 into my 88 gt? (NJ area)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Who wants to swap a 3.4 into my 88 gt? (NJ area) by notsonic
Started on: 11-13-2013 09:46 AM
Replies: 7 (444 views)
Last post by: Dennis LaGrua on 11-17-2013 04:02 PM
notsonic

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2013 09:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for notsonicSend a Private Message to notsonicEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've had my 88 GT sitting for about a year now with a blown head gasket. I have a 3.4 to go in it. I started disassembly, but I just can't find the time to do it.

I'm looking for someone to do the swap for me. Any takers or suggestions?

(You will be paid. I'm not crazy.)

[This message has been edited by notsonic (edited 11-13-2013).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
DLCLK87GT

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2013 01:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DLCLK87GTSend a Private Message to DLCLK87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I can think of two people that can do the swap, one of them is you (ha!) and the other is Fiero Jon in Tuckerton. http://www.fieroservice.com/ give him a call, he's a realy nice guy and ownes his own shop (not Fiero specific)
project34

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2013 02:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for project34Send a Private Message to project34Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Consider sending a P.M. to fellow Pennock's Fiero Forum member, Dennis LaGrua. Although he's not in the business of completing 3.4L engine swaps for others, he might know of someone in New Jersey who is, because he lists himself on this forum as residing in Hillsborough, and I think that over the years, he has been acquainted with a number of Fiero experts in the New Jersey area.
JCircs

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2013 09:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JCircsSend a Private Message to JCircsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dennis LaGrua did mine.
notsonic

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2013 02:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for notsonicSend a Private Message to notsonicEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the suggestions. Might finally get to drive my Fiero again.
lou_dias

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2013 08:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lou_diasSend a Private Message to lou_diasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any mechanic should be able to do this swap if you point out the handful of things that need to be noted over the 2.8...
I've always had local shops do my 3.4 swaps with no previous Fiero-specific experience.

[This message has been edited by lou_dias (edited 11-14-2013).]

JCircs

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2013 05:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JCircsSend a Private Message to JCircsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If Dennis and Jon are not an option you can call Mike at Thrust Performance 15 minutes from you on Rt 9 South Amboy, He is also very good with Fiero's and has an awesome shop.
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2013 04:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We have done quite a number of engine replacements and 3.1L/3.4/ 3800SC swaps here but have been shying away from them of late. Unless we can hear the engine run beforehand and thoroughly check it out, it becomes a risky proposition. Today these power plants are OLD engines and used one's are high mileage usually in worn to worn out condition. Whoever does your swap, consider putting in a new 3.4L crate engine or a remanufactured 3800 done by a reputable rebuilder.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Powerlog manifold, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Flotech Afterburner Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock