Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Well my fiero is totaled...Time to rebuild another! (Page 2)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Well my fiero is totaled...Time to rebuild another! by mattman134
Started on: 11-09-2013 09:58 AM
Replies: 46 (1913 views)
Last post by: olejoedad on 11-19-2013 07:57 AM
solotwo

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2013 11:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MeadmakerDave:

OK, that settles it for me. I was replacing the rear ball joints anyway, so I'm going to go ahead and replace the fronts while I've got the car up on jack stands.

How did you come out with your transmission/axle issue?
IP: Logged
s550w

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2013 11:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for s550wSend a Private Message to s550wEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Was the car actually totaled? Looks like lower fascia damage but, the panels appear to still be aligned like the frame could be okay.

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2013 09:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by hyperv6:
Now that is not to say there are not some companies doing cheap knock off parts but most with a major well known name have parts up to the spec they were drawn at.
The real difference often is some small no name brands will deal with who ever is cheapest and just get what ever is sent to them.

..greatest issues are with cheap no name knock off copies of things that can vary in quality.

Thanks, the above is more what I mean. Avoiding them is difficult.
There used to be names you could trust, and they were mainly made in America. I agree it is changing.
mattman134

Feedback score:    (33)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2013 06:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mattman134Send a Private Message to mattman134Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yea progressive totaled it out the following Wednesday
hyperv6

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2013 09:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

Thanks, the above is more what I mean. Avoiding them is difficult.
There used to be names you could trust, and they were mainly made in America. I agree it is changing.

Yes my point was a Moog part made in China can and will be as good as anything here. Just as a other name brand items. But there always is some cheap knock off some where that is going to be junk to. It is just to the point you just can't write off parts as junk on a general made in China claim.

To be honest the last set of American rotors I had were screwed up on the balance as the weight came lose and was bouncing around inside it.

Macs86GT

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2013 07:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Macs86GTSend a Private Message to Macs86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
its all relative to the companies qc over at the plant some don't care and let them get away with murder and others keep close tabs on the production quality.
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2013 07:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mattman134:

Yea progressive totaled it out the following Wednesday

Did you buy the car back from them to harvest parts for your next Fiero?

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock