Started on: 11-06-2013 10:25 AM
Replies: 4 (589 views)
Last post by: Raydar on 11-07-2013 10:28 PM
TXGOOD

Feedback score:    (58)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 87
Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2013 10:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is the 4.9 shorter than the SBC because from what I understand the 4.9 with the tranny that comes with it fits on the Fiero cradle but if you use an SBC with a 4T60 you have to at least notch the cradle in a couple of places.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2013 10:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm not sure about the block, but the 4.9 has a flat timing cover and the largest part of the water pump is off to the side, under the left (front) exhaust manifold. The entire accessory package probably doesn't protrude more than two inches past the front face of the block.
TXGOOD

Feedback score:    (58)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 87
Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2013 12:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Raydar
katatak

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2013 08:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I had to notch the cradle on an 88 for the trans with the 4.9. I may have been favoring the driver side though and it sat lower than most other swaps.
To Add: Here's the thread where I mounted the 4.9 - near the bottom of the page are some pics of the cradle mod.
//www.fiero.nl/forum/F...3/HTML/000102-6.html

[This message has been edited by katatak (edited 11-07-2013).]

Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2013 10:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My cradle wasn't notched on the driver's side, but there was a flat seam on the inside of the rear cradle rail that was "massaged" a bit, as I recall.
I forgot about that. Seems like it was only necessary on 88s.

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 11-07-2013).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock