Started on: 11-05-2013 12:16 AM
Replies: 13 (442 views)
Last post by: David Hambleton on 11-09-2013 09:41 PM
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2013 12:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Never seen this before, found it on ebay

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pon...66&pt=US_Cars_Trucks
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
LZeitgeist

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 126
Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2013 07:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LZeitgeistSend a Private Message to LZeitgeistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My Formula doesn't have A/C - the original owner purchased it in New York.

------------------
Patrick W. Heinske -- LZeitgeist@aol.com

1988 Fiero Formula - Automoda convertible
repainted PPG Ferrari 'Giallo Modena' yellow

Fiero84Freak

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2013 07:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero84FreakSend a Private Message to Fiero84FreakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
People often associate "no A/C originally equipped" as being in lower trim Fieros, but you could specify no A/C to save costs, especially if your car was ordered in a North eastern state. I've came across a few Formulas and a few GTs with A/C not equipped.
Gall757

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2013 11:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The Formula was marketed as a 'bare bones' performance Fiero. Just about everything was optional.

No power windows
No power trunk lock
No rear window defog
No Air Conditioning
No Leather
No Sunroof/T-top
No chrome exhaust tips.

List price was $10,999, $3,000 lower than the GT, but you could get every one of those options if you wanted it (except maybe leather and the exhaust tips)

[This message has been edited by Gall757 (edited 11-05-2013).]

jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2013 11:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Gall757:

The Formula was marketed as a 'bare bones' performance Fiero. Just about everything was optional.

No power windows
No power trunk lock
No rear window defog
No Air Conditioning
No Leather
No Sunroof/T-top
No chrome exhaust tips.

List price was $10,999, $3,000 lower than the GT, but you could get every one of those options if you wanted it (except maybe the exhaust tips)

The Formula used the coupe body, so only those options you could get on a coupe would come on a Formula..... which means no trumpet exhaust tips. Now, you did get dual exhaust The other exception was that the spoiler was part of the Formula package.

Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2013 05:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jaskispyder:

The Formula used the coupe body, so only those options you could get on a coupe would come on a Formula..... which means no trumpet exhaust tips. Now, you did get dual exhaust

There is nothing uglier than the factory dual tips on a coupe... except for a Formula which has twice as many of them! Seriously, I can't stand those plain straight tubes.

I have a nice set of C6 tips to be installed on my recently acquired Formula... as soon as my buddy can find some time to weld them on.

EDIT: By the way, my Formula (originally from Tennessee) came with A/C (which I promptly removed), but no rear defogger which I'd rather have.

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 11-05-2013).]

Fformula88

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2013 10:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fformula88Send a Private Message to Fformula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Both if the Formulas I owned over the years had AC as an option. My main formula had few other options. AC, rear defrost, and auto tranny were it.

I find it more odd that my current 85 SE doesn't have AC. The SE's seen to have more options usually. Lack of AC surprises me considering it has pier windows and locks, remote trunk, sunroof. I am ok with it. Just seems unusual.
fast40driver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2013 07:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fast40driverSend a Private Message to fast40driverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just got a Formula back the other day - bought it for my nephew, needed a clutch and hydraulics. Got it running, gave it to him, but he got about $1500 in parking tickets in two months, finally was towed, so I bailed it out for the tow fee and "reposeessd" it. Probably keep it, everyone needs another, right? But it, too, was bare bones, no power anything, no A/C - and I like having A/C - which probably means that as I have to pull the dash anyway, I might as well do a dash swap. It just goes on and on . . .

Mike
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2013 02:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

There is nothing uglier than the factory dual tips on a coupe... except for a Formula which has twice as many of them! Seriously, I can't stand those plain straight tubes.

I have a nice set of C6 tips to be installed on my recently acquired Formula... as soon as my buddy can find some time to weld them on.

EDIT: By the way, my Formula (originally from Tennessee) came with A/C (which I promptly removed), but no rear defogger which I'd rather have.

If you lived in Texas you would be adding a/c. Down here you can't drive 9 months out of the year without it.

DLCLK87GT

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2013 04:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DLCLK87GTSend a Private Message to DLCLK87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My Formula had all options except power mirrors and the trunk popper. They were a "snap" to add in as both were plug and play. I don't think i would buy a Fiero (or any car for that matter) without AC. All the other options you can add in yourself without much of a hassle. (edit to add) well, not sure about the rear defrost, mine has it but i hear replacing the rear window is not a fun job. Other than that all the rest have the wireing just waiting for the option to be plugged in.

[This message has been edited by DLCLK87GT (edited 11-08-2013).]

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2013 06:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DLCLK87GT:

I don't think i would buy a Fiero (or any car for that matter) without AC.

I find that in the climate here, I don't need A/C. I do autocross however, so I didn't want all the extra weight of the A/C components slowing down the car.

It was a big job removing all the A/C stuff, but it ended up going back into a friend's Formula, so it wan't wasted.
PFF
System Bot
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2013 01:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

I find that in the climate here, I don't need A/C.

I think I need to move to where you are.

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2013 02:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:

I think I need to move to where you are.

The trade-off is that it rains here... a lot.
David Hambleton

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2013 09:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for David HambletonSend a Private Message to David HambletonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Plastic is pretty durable in the rain - doesn't rust!
Bonus: rain doesn't fade the paint or destroy the clear coat!
May be some moss growing in some places...

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock