adapting fuel lines to quick disconnect by scott0999
Started on: 11-03-2013 02:46 PM
Replies: 6 (476 views)
Last post by: BV MotorSports on 11-07-2013 10:14 AM
scott0999

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2013 02:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for scott0999Send a Private Message to scott0999Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I need a little help with my fuel lines. I'm using 3/8 aluminum for the feed line, and 5/16 nylon for the return

the fuel rail side is done, and I'm wanting to adapt the other end to use quick disconnect

still have the stock hoses on the fuel filter and coming off the tank for the return line (the ones with female threaded ends). do they make adapters for those to convert it to quick disconnect?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
seajai

Feedback score:    (42)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 52
Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2013 06:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for seajaiSend a Private Message to seajaiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I used these on my project to connect the nylon line to the metal line. They are available in different sizes. Dorman has a large selection of quick disconnects.

http://www.dormanproducts.c...pe=keyword&q=800-191

[This message has been edited by seajai (edited 11-03-2013).]

scott0999

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2013 11:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for scott0999Send a Private Message to scott0999Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by seajai:

I used these on my project to connect the nylon line to the metal line. They are available in different sizes. Dorman has a large selection of quick disconnects.

http://www.dormanproducts.c...pe=keyword&q=800-191

I looked that up and it says nylon union. I can see that working for a metal line too, thanks!

jetsnvettes2000

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2013 12:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by scott0999:

I looked that up and it says nylon union. I can see that working for a metal line too, thanks!

dont buy any I have these at work and I can grab you one. I question how safe they are for fuel tho, we use them for air lines on the roll lifts on the machines we build. I am not so sure they would hold up to fuel over time and being that close to the exhaust i would worry. We have some stainless steel ones too but again I am not so sure the o rings in them are fuel proof. Call me tomorrow at lunch time and I will grab a few I need to know what size.

[This message has been edited by jetsnvettes2000 (edited 11-04-2013).]

seajai

Feedback score:    (42)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 52
Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2013 07:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for seajaiSend a Private Message to seajaiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jetsnvettes2000:

dont buy any I have these at work and I can grab you one. I question how safe they are for fuel tho, we use them for air lines on the roll lifts on the machines we build. I am not so sure they would hold up to fuel over time and being that close to the exhaust i would worry. We have some stainless steel ones too but again I am not so sure the o rings in them are fuel proof. Call me tomorrow at lunch time and I will grab a few I need to know what size.

I was told by one of the tech guys at Dorman that these can be used for fuel. I've been running two of them all summer without any issues.

[This message has been edited by seajai (edited 11-04-2013).]

scott0999

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2013 02:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for scott0999Send a Private Message to scott0999Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've seen something like this for water tubing before, but I'm sure these dorman ones are made different
BV MotorSports

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 189
Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2013 10:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Russel p/n's
640850 3/8" GM quick connect to AN
640860 5/16" GM quick connect to AN

Fiero v6 fuel lines (fuel rail hard lines meet with the stock rubber lines just below the battery)
Earl's p/n's
991955 AN to Metric Adapter Fittings
991954 AN to Metric Adapter Fittings

[This message has been edited by BV MotorSports (edited 11-07-2013).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay