That C7 is right there with us!!! by AL87
Started on: 11-02-2013 10:38 AM
Replies: 17 (1241 views)
Last post by: DKcustoms on 12-15-2013 09:44 PM
AL87

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2013 10:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AL87Send a Private Message to AL87Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
http://www.gmhightechperfor...014_corvette_rpm_c7/

Who thinks our potential is maxed out here? I see our comprehensive 1/4 mile list and the new C7 is right there, seems like we're still competitive with a s/c 3800 or SBC.

[This message has been edited by AL87 (edited 11-03-2013).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
fierocarparts

Feedback score:    (66)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2013 10:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierocarpartsSend a Private Message to fierocarpartsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
11.02 on a missed shift, slightly modified Vette. Can't wait to see how quick they get the C7 Vette.
//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/070670.html -Fiero quarter mile list.
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2013 09:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by AL87:

http://www.gmhightechperfor...014_corvette_rpm_c7/

Who thinks out potential is maxed out here? I see our comprehensive 1/4 mile list and the new C7 is right there, seems like we're still competitive with a s/c 3800 or SBC.

In your dreams.......
Justinbart

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2013 10:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JustinbartSend a Private Message to JustinbartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Imagine if the C7 had a turbo v6!

------------------
Turbo 3800 E85 F23 5spd spec5
10.91@133.1

AL87

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2013 12:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AL87Send a Private Message to AL87Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
it used nitrous oxide and some drag radials over the stock run it made along with a computer tune.
its pretty mean, but its right there with most fast cars in the 11-12 area. and will eventually break 10 for sure with more modification.
hyperv6

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2013 01:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is just the entry level C7 so we have a lot more HP to come with two new engine on top of this one.

It is not just all about HP it is also about the at the limit handling that few here have ever experienced.

It is about being able to go stupid fast and make if feel slow and that is what good tuning is all about.

Sorry there is not many with us where the new car is and where it is going. Not at least in the 5 figures.

[This message has been edited by hyperv6 (edited 11-03-2013).]

fierocarparts

Feedback score:    (66)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2013 01:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierocarpartsSend a Private Message to fierocarpartsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Don Kraus

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2013 11:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Don KrausSend a Private Message to Don KrausEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I like to run Vette's, '' taste good.''

------------------
IMSA 34
60' - 1.555
1/4 mi - 10.519
mph - 130.29

TOO FAR
60' - 1.491
1/4 mi - 11.323
mph - 116.4

Shonyman32

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2013 04:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Shonyman32Send a Private Message to Shonyman32Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Corvette C7 is now in the 9s.
hyperv6

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2013 05:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
just do not try to keep up in the turns or try to stop with a C7. It is just a well tuned full package.
weaselbeak

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 76
Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2013 06:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for weaselbeakSend a Private Message to weaselbeakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Vettes are just nasty, they do everything. Very quick, wowsers on the top end, and vertigo in the corners. They are just too well balanced to compete with unless you have a fortune and a lot of expertise.
PFF
System Bot
DKcustoms

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2013 07:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DKcustomsSend a Private Message to DKcustomsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
well embeding didnt work...

so here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_3KbTXQY9E

[This message has been edited by DKcustoms (edited 12-06-2013).]

California Kid

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2013 08:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There's no way that I would ever compare my car to a C7, it's a great package, but also comes with a stiff price, and insurance.

I'll tell you one thing though, my car was parked next to a C7 at the GM Tech Center, and more people were looking my car over than the C7.

[This message has been edited by California Kid (edited 12-08-2013).]

1fast2m4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2013 09:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1fast2m4Send a Private Message to 1fast2m4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The C7's are in the 9's all day with basically some boltons and then theres the whole lap times around tracks with corners........ it's a no contest. and the C7's are at a infant level, while our fieros are grown ass men.

------------------
1986 SE 3800SC/4t65eHD (12.871@104.96) I'll Sell it if you like
1985 GT 3800SC (swap in progress)

skuzzbomer

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2013 12:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I know my Fiero, when I've maxed it out for my purposes, will never compete with a similarly modified C7... Or even a nearly stock model.

But that's okay, since I still think they're (C7s) ugly as hell and I'm not old enough to justify having one seeing as I still have all of my hair and none of it is gray. I really don't see the need to bother with trying to compare my 30 year old economy car to a modern sports car.

If you want a Vette, get one.

[Edit: I've no idea where that stupid smiley at the top of my post came from... Weird]

[This message has been edited by skuzzbomer (edited 12-08-2013).]

AL87

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2013 02:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AL87Send a Private Message to AL87Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DKcustoms:

well embeding didnt work...

so here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_3KbTXQY9E

what is with that exhaust note every time the driver shifts? that sounds like the gears are so close together.
TommyRocker

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2013 07:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TommyRockerSend a Private Message to TommyRockerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

what is with that exhaust note every time the driver shifts? that sounds like the gears are so close together.

It's a 7 speed for a reason. I think it's incredible that nearly stock C7's are breaking into the 10's and with nitrous they're into the 9's. ESPECIALLY considering they've just become available. I haven't even seen one in person yet.
DKcustoms

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2013 09:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DKcustomsSend a Private Message to DKcustomsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TommyRocker:

It's a 7 speed for a reason.

Well that, and the one in the video is also very clearly an automatic.

Originally posted by TommyRocker:
I haven't even seen one in person yet.

Thats too bad. I work at the largest car dealership in CNY and I see them on a daily basis. They have lost their "wow" factor to us employees to some degree. Until someone starts one, that is..

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock