Started on: 10-30-2013 09:06 PM
Replies: 13 (481 views)
Last post by: Rickady88GT on 11-02-2013 07:59 PM
Rickady88GT

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2013 09:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I took the LS4 GT to the Coast for the week end. I hit a huge dead racoon on the second night, it shook the sun roof as it tumbled under the car. BUT the good news is that I found no damage that night when I parked it before bed I saw it to late to do anything to avoid hitting it. The road was a little wet because of the mist and fog that night. So a swerve was not an option, I just let off the gas. A brake stab might have dipped the nose and done some damage as the bumper would have taken a nasty hit?
THEN today as I washed off the car I found out that some body had hit my car as it was parked and left. They smashed in the front bumper but it looks like it kept the original shape. The damage was done to the paint. I now have a perfectly straight friction burn spanning between the front turn signals and a deep scratch/divet in the center just above the air intake. The only time I can think of that it could have been done is on the last night we went out to dinner and parked on a steep hill. My guess is that the car in front of me could not work the car out of his slot without backing down hill towards the GT and hit it.
Last year on the same drive I took a rock to the windsheild. Nasty chip now, just below the mirror.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2013 09:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
People are cretins.
FieroTony

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2013 09:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroTonySend a Private Message to FieroTonyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That's why I try to park out in the middle of no where, (when I can). And then you still have some moron that feels the need to park next to you.

Had some clown do that and opened his door right into our 2 year old conversion van (that left a dent). He didn't even look at it, no note nor did he even try to park somewhere else. Luckily my wife was in the back nursing our daughter while I was in Home Depot. That 3/4" threaded steel pipe that I just bought sure came in handy. Peels paint and metal better than a DA.
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2013 02:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good for you. Thats my feelings too. People like that deserve everything they get. Ive got a few similar stories. I had a 77 Lincoln Town Car. I was stopped at a red light and this guy ran right into the rear bumper. It didnt do any damage I could see and the guy just sat there and shrugged his shoulders like hey..no big deal dude. The light turned green and I pulled up about 10', then backed up into his grill. Watched the steam pour out, opened my door and shrugged back. Then I drove off.
steve308

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2013 06:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I suspect the raccoon's family extracted their revenge.
DKcustoms

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2013 06:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DKcustomsSend a Private Message to DKcustomsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
People are scummy, either they don't have insurance when they do a hit and run, or they are the scumbags or don't want to take the time to do paperwork or leave their info.
I've only been in one accident and I was rear-ended and the African native didn't have a license or insurance and didn't speak English, so that tells you how I feel about people like that.

Originally posted by rogergarrison:

Good for you. Thats my feelings too. People like that deserve everything they get. Ive got a few similar stories. I had a 77 Lincoln Town Car. I was stopped at a red light and this guy ran right into the rear bumper. It didnt do any damage I could see and the guy just sat there and shrugged his shoulders like hey..no big deal dude. The light turned green and I pulled up about 10', then backed up into his grill. Watched the steam pour out, opened my door and shrugged back. Then I drove off.

But that is hilarious!

[This message has been edited by DKcustoms (edited 10-31-2013).]

jaybug56

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2013 09:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaybug56Send a Private Message to jaybug56Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

That's why I keep the trailer hitch on the truck at all times. Does more damage to radiators.
Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2013 10:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jaybug56:

That's why I keep the trailer hitch on the truck at all times. Does more damage to radiators.

Wish I had one in the front that night LOL
goatvenom

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2013 10:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for goatvenomSend a Private Message to goatvenomEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i was just in a hit and run no the 30th of October, some mustang merged over without looking and PUT ME IN TO THE WALL AT 75MPH AND KEPT GOING. i hit it and i manged to keep it from flipping like it wanted to. i can barely move my arm but at least im alive i bent my drivers side rear control arm, engine cradle , tierod and a whole bunch of more stuff. if i can rebuild i will but i think i am being forced to take a break from my fiero for the moment though.
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2013 10:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thats why the hitch and ball mount is left on my motorhome too. Better their radiator and grill than my $400 bumper.
DanDamage

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 81
Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2013 11:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DanDamageSend a Private Message to DanDamageEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by goatvenom:

i was just in a hit and run no the 30th of October, some mustang merged over without looking and PUT ME IN TO THE WALL AT 75MPH AND KEPT GOING. i hit it and i manged to keep it from flipping like it wanted to. i can barely move my arm but at least im alive i bent my drivers side rear control arm, engine cradle , tierod and a whole bunch of more stuff. if i can rebuild i will but i think i am being forced to take a break from my fiero for the moment though.

I am so sorry to hear that. That is HORRIBLE. I luckily never got hit by a merger, once when I was still 17 and an idiot I merged without looking and nearly hit a car. I never forgot that and have been extra careful since. I have never caused a car crash but have been the victim of idiot drivers.
PFF
System Bot
V8 Vega

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-01-2013 07:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for V8 VegaSend a Private Message to V8 VegaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Los Angeles is a sanctuary city and the hit and run capital f the world.
Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2013 02:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I had a buddy with an old hot rod (can't remember what but old steel). He was parked at a store waiting for his friend to come out when an idiot parked next to him and flung his door into my buddy's car. He just said oops and walked away. My buddy unlatched his door and kicked it open, making a big boom and dent in the other car. The guy stopped and looked dumbfounded, my buddy just said oops.
Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2013 07:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by goatvenom:

WOW that sux. I am very glad mine was a minor issue. I am glad to hear that nobody was killed in your hit and run and I wish you a full recovery. As for your car. I am sorry for your loss
Heck now that I think about it,..maybe, just maybe one of the people that hit my car got out to take a look and the driver rolled over his buddies foot as he pulled forward? Well I guess it could have been worse

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock