Amida 355 interior installation by Lurate
Started on: 10-29-2013 09:43 AM
Replies: 18 (1977 views)
Last post by: hnthomps on 04-19-2017 03:57 PM
Lurate

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2013 09:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LurateClick Here to visit Lurate's HomePageSend a Private Message to LurateEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i'm finally getting around to installing my Amida 355 interior. I actually have one of the last Watson AD 355 before he sold the molds to Bartman. It is still in the works after spending quite a bit of time at John Watson's, the WhoDeanie, and now with a guy here in Pensacola. However this thread is for the Amida interior I am putting into a low mileage 88 Fiero GT. I plan on keeping it mostly original except for a different idea for a spoiler and, of course, this interior. i was a bit overzealous with the grinder when I was removing the door brackets. However, this gave me a better seal of the moisture barrier when I replaced the bracket that was supposed to stay. I've already gotten great advice on Pennocks. More questions to follow. Thanks in advance for any and all help.
http://www.flickr.com/photo...283@N06/10527546334/
http://www.flickr.com/photo...283@N06/10526809833/
http://www.flickr.com/photo...283@N06/10526801763/

[This message has been edited by Lurate (edited 10-29-2013).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Lurate

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2013 10:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LurateClick Here to visit Lurate's HomePageSend a Private Message to LurateEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Having trouble with the pics. One of the issues I had with the Amida 355 door was getting the door locks to move smoothly. The electric door locks didn't have the power to acutally move the rod enough to lock and unlock. Amida's door is top notch and the insulation is nicely done. However, I ended up cutting a little slot in the insulation which help the rod for the door lock move more freely. Now the electric door locks work ok.http://www.flickr.com/photo...5115/in/photostream/
Lurate

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2013 09:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LurateClick Here to visit Lurate's HomePageSend a Private Message to LurateEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here is the Black/gray door skin if anyone was thinking of getting that combo. The challenge now is to match the Fiero OEM plastic trim to Amida's interior. MacGyver on the kit Car forum suggested SEM Color Coat but I suspect it will be a trial and error to see if the Dark Gray SEM matches. I've been following Amida's G1 dash install on Pennocks and it is incredible and looks easier along with excellent options for sound systems, navigation etc. However, the elegant cockpit look of the Ferrari 355 is one of my favorite of all time.
http://www.flickr.com/photo...283@N06/10584663243/

[This message has been edited by Lurate (edited 10-30-2013).]

Lurate

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2013 09:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LurateClick Here to visit Lurate's HomePageSend a Private Message to LurateEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Lurate

133 posts
Member since Apr 2006
Amida's 355 center console has a parking light push button. Can anyone tell me how to splice the wiring on the OEM headlight/parking light switch to allow the pushbutton switch to also operate the parking light AND also to keep the chime alarm that goes off when the parking lights are left on?

[This message has been edited by Lurate (edited 04-01-2014).]

hnthomps

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2013 03:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I know that you have looked at it before but this thread may contain some useful information.

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/083377.html

Nelson
Amida

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2013 08:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Like those gauges. Wiring is a pain.

Lurate

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2013 04:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LurateClick Here to visit Lurate's HomePageSend a Private Message to LurateEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Installed some 3.5" speakers in Amida's dash. Used some rubber matting to insulate. Then put in a Fiero subwoofer. Hopefully the Rodney Dickman B pillar upgrade speakers, the 3.5" high end JL speakers and the subwoofer will sound decent enough. Pictures posted on the MadMechanics kit car forum because I can't seem to get pictures to show on Pennocks without having to go through linkages.

http://www.madmechanics.com...nterior-install.html

Also added a sunglass holder to the new Fiero Store headliner. Pictures to follow
hnthomps

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2013 04:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Lurate:

Installed some 3.5" speakers in Amida's dash. Used some rubber matting to insulate. Then put in a Fiero subwoofer. Hopefully the Rodney Dickman B pillar upgrade speakers, the 3.5" high end JL speakers and the subwoofer will sound decent enough. Pictures posted on the MadMechanics kit car forum because I can't seem to get pictures to show on Pennocks without having to go through linkages.

http://www.madmechanics.com...nterior-install.html

Also added a sunglass holder to the new Fiero Store headliner. Pictures to follow

I put my tweeters behind the vents at the end of the dash and that has worked out fairly well for me.

Nelson
Lurate

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2014 10:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LurateClick Here to visit Lurate's HomePageSend a Private Message to LurateEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Finally got some good time to work on the car. Here is first fit of the black/gray Amida. I have Ferrari 355 OEM seats. The night shot of the gauges is tough. To much pink/red. The gauges are blue with red needles and Fiero emblem. Looks better in person. My hat's off to Amida. What a nice quality product he makes. Sitting in it with the OEM seats -nice. Next weekend test dry to see if gauges working right. Still need to finalize my Fiero/ Ferrari seatbelt thing. Too bad the male Fiero buckle won't fit the Ferrari clip. Get the Fiero OEM subwoofer installed with Rodney Dickman's very nice replacement speaker. Can see it under passenger side dash.

markkrug

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2014 12:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for markkrugSend a Private Message to markkrugEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That is a SWEET setup. Very nicely done.
Joseph

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2014 09:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JosephSend a Private Message to JosephEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very beautiful interior..
PFF
System Bot
hnthomps

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2014 11:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Your interior is looking good. Did you hide the HVAC control under the center console? I did not bother to hook up the emergency flasher switch on the center console and simply left it on the column due to the amount of work required to make the change to the new switch. What type of mirrors are you using on the car? I had some issues with the GM switch and the Vitaloni power mirrors and ended up using two switches for mirror movement (one for up/down and the other for left/right).

Note that I have had some issues with the passenger side window switch but the driver's side set of switches is normally capable of operating both windows. I used a GPS readout to do the initial setup on my VDO speedometer and it was within one mph after the initial set. I have not bothered to do the speedometer trim process as of this moment. I also used the ash tray as a method of hiding my electronic cruise control switch so you do not even see it if the cover is closed.

Nelson

[This message has been edited by hnthomps (edited 03-24-2014).]

Lurate

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2014 10:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LurateClick Here to visit Lurate's HomePageSend a Private Message to LurateEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
HVAC bolted down to center console. Tight fit but works (see pic). I left emergency flasher as is also. For this car, I have the OEM Fiero mirrors. I'm working on an AD355 project that will use Sactodreamer's Ferrari 355 replicas. Haven't crossed that wiring obstacle yet. For the this Fiero, Amida's instructions for the wiring to the GM switch worked flawlessly. My door windows are working nicely as well. electric locks not so good. may need to lube more. I saw the cruise control idea. I've also seen that ash tray converted to a cup holder. I'm leaving as is for now. May need you help when it comes of the VDO speedometer.

hnthomps

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2014 11:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
By the time I added a GPS unit, Riceburner HVAC controller, and the pop up screen on the head unit, the wiring really multiplied under the center console. It all fits but is very tight and I do not want to remove this section again.

Nelson
TXOPIE

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2014 12:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by hnthomps:

By the time I added a GPS unit, Riceburner HVAC controller, and the pop up screen on the head unit, the wiring really multiplied under the center console. It all fits but is very tight and I do not want to remove this section again.

Nelson

About to do the same with blu-drm and was wondering how tight it was going to get under there...have any pictures?
I think Amida's G1 dash has a little more room for play than his 355.

hnthomps

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2014 06:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TXOPIE:

About to do the same with blu-drm and was wondering how tight it was going to get under there...have any pictures?
I think Amida's G1 dash has a little more room for play than his 355.

I have to go through some old pictures and see if I have specific wiring pictures under the center console. If I do they will likely be HD in quality and I could e-mail them to you at the PFF listed e-mail address. Right now, my priority is to figure out the problem with my 87 Mera that is supposed to go to Daytona Thursday. There was a major electrical problem when I tried to start the car yesterday evening to go get some fuel for the Daytona trip. I get one bump and all the courtesy lights that were previously on go off and nothing electrical comes back on. I charged the battery all night and got exactly the same result today. I had the current battery tested and tests as very good wrt to cranking amps and output voltage. The next step is to check all fuses and accessible circuit breakers. Maybe there is a blown fuse or a major short to ground somewhere.

If I cannot locate the problem by tomorrow I may end up skipping Daytona this year. I would really like to go but this may be the deciding factor.

Nelson

[This message has been edited by hnthomps (edited 03-25-2014).]

Kevrox

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2017 09:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KevroxSend a Private Message to KevroxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hello,

I love the Grey/black Amida interior. Are you able to give me a contact for the individual who makes it?

Thank you very much for your time,

Kevrox
LornesGT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2017 12:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LornesGTSend a Private Message to LornesGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks like he hasn't posted in awhile but go here to his thread

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/F.../HTML/000091-58.html
hnthomps

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2017 03:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Kevrox:

Hello,

I love the Grey/black Amida interior. Are you able to give me a contact for the individual who makes it?

Thank you very much for your time,

Kevrox

Amida/Rob posted in this thread and the PFF e-mail address listed for him was correct the last time I used it. If you cannot contact him any other way, PM me and I will provide a phone number.

Nelson

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock