1986 SE 2M4's by Dburger
Started on: 10-28-2013 08:34 AM
Replies: 13 (373 views)
Last post by: 92wastheyear on 10-30-2013 12:21 PM
Dburger

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-28-2013 08:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DburgerSend a Private Message to DburgerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Does anybody have an approximate production number for the '86 SE 2M4? Yes, with the factory aero fascias?

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Gall757

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2013 09:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The Fiero Enthusiast's guide says that in 1986 there were 4,031 SE coupes that were 4 cylinder. Most of the SE coupes were V6...28,274.
Dburger

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-28-2013 09:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DburgerSend a Private Message to DburgerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Gall757:

The Fiero Enthusiast's guide says that in 1986 there were 4,031 SE coupes that were 4 cylinder. Most of the SE coupes were V6...28,274.

Thanks for that. Basically another option to the Indy.
Dburger

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-28-2013 03:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DburgerSend a Private Message to DburgerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Dburger

811 posts
Member since Aug 2012
Anybody here actually have one?
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2013 06:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dburger:

Thanks for that. Basically another option to the Indy.

Yeah, but with a 5 speed and a much better electric and AC system and parts common to other Fieros. But I'd love to have an Indy, too.

Dburger

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-28-2013 06:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DburgerSend a Private Message to DburgerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierofool:

Yeah, but with a 5 speed and a much better electric and AC system and parts common to other Fieros. But I'd love to have an Indy, too.

If you had an 87 SE you'd get the gen II motors, but I'd rather have the one that nobody talks about, which is the 86.
Fiero84Freak

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2013 09:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero84FreakSend a Private Message to Fiero84FreakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I know you're speaking specifically of the '86 SE four cylinder cars, but I would make an argument that one of the absolute rarest cars out there - other than some specific '88 model trims - in Fiero production has to be a 1987 SE four cylinder that is factory blue with black ground effects. If you consider for 1987 that only 3,875 cars total were aero SE cars - counting both four and six cylinder - and then consider that out of 46,581 1987 cars made total for that year only 4,458 were painted blue, that means that roughly out out of every 11 or so 1987 cars you would come across they would be painted blue. Then consider further ratios of base coupes, GT, and aero SE cars produced that year, that means that if my incredibly fuzzy math is proceeding along as I think it should then there has to have been likely at the very most maybe a few dozen total 1987 SE four cylinder cars painted blue. Then consider potential attrition rates, and the existing numbers dwindle even further.

I personally have only seen one 1987 aero SE four cylinder that was blue and I've been around Fieros for quite a long time.

In any instance, any occurrence of a 1986 or 1987 four cylinder aero SE car can at this point begin to be considered fairly hard to come by considering the relative oddity of the option itself. Most individuals who were ordering four cylinder cars would have just stuck with the base cars, and if you were ordering a 1986 or 1987 aero SE it would have made sense during that time to pay the little extra to get the V6.
Zanriel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2013 02:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ZanrielSend a Private Message to ZanrielEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow, I had no idea such a thing even existed. Nice find! Now that's a rare car.
Dburger

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-29-2013 06:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DburgerSend a Private Message to DburgerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero84Freak:

I know you're speaking specifically of the '86 SE four cylinder cars, but I would make an argument that one of the absolute rarest cars out there - other than some specific '88 model trims - in Fiero production has to be a 1987 SE four cylinder that is factory blue with black ground effects. If you consider for 1987 that only 3,875 cars total were aero SE cars - counting both four and six cylinder - and then consider that out of 46,581 1987 cars made total for that year only 4,458 were painted blue, that means that roughly out out of every 11 or so 1987 cars you would come across they would be painted blue. Then consider further ratios of base coupes, GT, and aero SE cars produced that year, that means that if my incredibly fuzzy math is proceeding along as I think it should then there has to have been likely at the very most maybe a few dozen total 1987 SE four cylinder cars painted blue. Then consider potential attrition rates, and the existing numbers dwindle even further.

I personally have only seen one 1987 aero SE four cylinder that was blue and I've been around Fieros for quite a long time.

In any instance, any occurrence of a 1986 or 1987 four cylinder aero SE car can at this point begin to be considered fairly hard to come by considering the relative oddity of the option itself. Most individuals who were ordering four cylinder cars would have just stuck with the base cars, and if you were ordering a 1986 or 1987 aero SE it would have made sense during that time to pay the little extra to get the V6.

I think I saw a blue 87 SE that was a convertible, and then there was a blue SE 2.5 5 speed for sale recently

92wastheyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2013 02:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 92wastheyearSend a Private Message to 92wastheyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My first Fiero (that I owned in the late 80s/early 90's) was an 86 SE with 2.5/5-speed set up. It didn't have the 2M4 decal though. It was Silver/Black with a luggage rack (I didn't mean that to rhyme)
Dburger

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-29-2013 06:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DburgerSend a Private Message to DburgerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 92wastheyear:

My first Fiero (that I owned in the late 80s/early 90's) was an 86 SE with 2.5/5-speed set up. It didn't have the 2M4 decal though. It was Silver/Black with a luggage rack (I didn't mean that to rhyme)

Somebody could've changed something. I did see a definite 86 SE 2M4 with a luggage rack though.

Had the opportunity to buy a silver 87 SE 2.8 5 speed, but in the pictures the key was on and the oil pressure was low.
PFF
System Bot
92wastheyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2013 10:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 92wastheyearSend a Private Message to 92wastheyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Somebody could've changed something. I did see a definite 86 SE 2M4 with a luggage rack though.

Had the opportunity to buy a silver 87 SE 2.8 5 speed, but in the pictures the key was on and the oil pressure was low.

I don't think it was changed (but I don't know for sure), I just think it was weird. I am pretty sure I bought it in 88 (it might have been 89) with 28K. I drove it until it had 110K and sold it in 93.

I got $2500 plus another Fiero (an 85 duke with a 4speed in poor shape). I spruced it up and was set to sell it for $700 when my cousin swooped with an offer of $1100. (took 4 days to sell it). So not bad all told

Dburger

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-30-2013 10:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DburgerSend a Private Message to DburgerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 92wastheyear:

I don't think it was changed (but I don't know for sure), I just think it was weird. I am pretty sure I bought it in 88 (it might have been 89) with 28K. I drove it until it had 110K and sold it in 93.

I got $2500 plus another Fiero (an 85 duke with a 4speed in poor shape). I spruced it up and was set to sell it for $700 when my cousin swooped with an offer of $1100. (took 4 days to sell it). So not bad all told

85 4 speed with a duke?
92wastheyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2013 12:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 92wastheyearSend a Private Message to 92wastheyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

85 4 speed with a duke?

Might have been an 84.....I had the car for a week, 20 years ago

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock