engine mounted in the front?? by ttt123
Started on: 10-26-2013 10:48 AM
Replies: 8 (468 views)
Last post by: fierogtlt1 on 10-28-2013 08:53 PM
ttt123

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2013 10:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ttt123Send a Private Message to ttt123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
just curious if anyone knows of any good threads for a fiero where the motor is mounted in the front? I've searched and nothing is popping up. I'm thinking about trying this just curious to see or hear about experienced with it.

i almost bought one last year in the midland Michigan. it had an olds 423 mounted in the front but although the guy claimed it was very streetable.... ya not even close. it was a really cool car, when he started it up you could push it sideways from the car hopping around so much lol ok not really but it was a sick beast and he was only asking $7k.

my thoughts were something like a 3.8 thunderbird drivetrain... any thoughts?

thanks guys.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
motoracer838

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2013 08:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for motoracer838Send a Private Message to motoracer838Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fiero's with the engine in front are called Firebirds,

Joe
Dburger

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-26-2013 08:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DburgerSend a Private Message to DburgerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've had thoughts of putting in a 3.8 SC from a T-Bird SC, but in the stock position.
Khw

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 134
Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2013 09:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
About the only engine I'd want to put in the front would be a boxer style from a subbie. Then I'd want to hook up the all wheel drive and relocate the gas tank to where the engine normally is. That's still leave the trunk area as a crumple zone protecting the tank.
fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2013 03:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ttt123:

...it had an olds 423 mounted in the front but although the guy claimed it was very streetable.... ya not even close.

...and you were so impressed that you want to do one too???

------------------
Calgary time/temp

3.4L Supercharged 87 GT Click me
Super Duty 4 Indy #163 Click me

ttt123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2013 07:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ttt123Send a Private Message to ttt123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
lol it was just a thought guys lol I've been looking for a fun project and thought with how light the fiero is and a nice drive-train with a rear end that could accommodate some beefy tires would have looked fun..... I'm sorry lolol just thought I'd see if anyone has had some experience with it other then .... "don't rock the boat idiot" (playful sarcasm)

Originally posted by fierosound:

...and you were so impressed that you want to do one too???

no, I would have bought it. it was impressive to see the work they put in to it... it was basically a drag car (contrary to his claims) 18' slicks in the rear/turbo 400/423 olds motor... drag car but it can still be a neat feat to have accomplished.

lol ok so how about that foot ball game lolol

HarryG

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2013 08:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HarryGSend a Private Message to HarryGEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Look here first: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktlGu5CrVLg

Then here: http://jimsfiero.ricehatersclub.com/Photos.html

Fiero body panels on a tube chassis.
I'm guessing the only thing missing from the pics is one of the trailer it rides in....
Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2013 08:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Jeg's used to sell a tubular chassis / roll cage setup for the Fiero that mounted a V8 up front. It was meant for drag racing, and was designed to use tubs and big fat tires in the back. Jeg's might still sell the kit, but I'm not sure.
fierogtlt1

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2013 08:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtlt1Send a Private Message to fierogtlt1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Blacktree:

Jeg's used to sell a tubular chassis / roll cage setup for the Fiero that mounted a V8 up front. It was meant for drag racing, and was designed to use tubs and big fat tires in the back. Jeg's might still sell the kit, but I'm not sure.

http://www.jegs.com/i/Jegst...50/944105K1/10002/-1

[This message has been edited by fierogtlt1 (edited 10-28-2013).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock