Hi everyone. About 6 months ago I acquired an '88 that I've enjoyed quite a bit. However, I now have the potential to purchase a Fierrari, but only if I sell the Fiero first (partly because I need the cash for the purchase, partly because I'd otherwise find myself divorced and sleeping in said Fierrari). I've got her up on Craigslist, and there's been interest, but Craigslist is really just a digital Wal-Mart where you could try to sell a $100 bill for $50 and someone would still offer you $10. Anyhow, here are the stats:
* Runs great. It has the 2M4, so it's not going to blow the doors off of anything, but she's still peppy and fun to drive.
* 5-Speed transmission. She shifts very smoothly, no grinding of gears or stubborn slots.
* Sunroof. No leaks, nice and tight.
* After market CD player.
* Porsche-style flush mounted headlights. The standard Fiero lights are, of course, the pop-up variety. These, however, are set into the hood and have clear plastic where normally the pop-up door would be. No worry of motors giving out, lights getting stuck in the up or down position, or destroying your pop-up motor because your turned your lights on when the car was iced over.
* The interior. With the exception of the headliner (see below), the interior is very clean and well kept. No cracks in the dash, and the seats are in great condition.
* The exterior. With the exception of the paint (see below), the exterior is also in very good condition.
* Fuel economy. She consistently pulls 33 mpg on the highway.
A few photos:
A few points to note:
* 205K miles on it (it's the original engine). However, no mechanical troubles, and I drive her minimum once a week to work and back (the total trip is 134 miles). She's smooth on the highway, and easy around town.
* The paint. The exterior is actually in very good condition. But the paint has lost its luster, and there's a scratch here or there. She's a great looking car to drive around in right now, but she could eventually use a new paint job.
* The headliner. It's got some rips. There's no cloth that hangs down on your head or anything, but the liner definitely needs replacing. However, I'm looking at getting that done soon anyway. Depending on when you read this, it may already be done.
Anyone interested? I live in Greensboro, NC.