Anyone interested in an '88 5-speed? by dtbritt
Started on: 10-25-2013 07:34 AM
Replies: 4 (295 views)
Last post by: dtbritt on 10-26-2013 10:50 AM
dtbritt

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2013 07:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dtbrittSend a Private Message to dtbrittEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi everyone. About 6 months ago I acquired an '88 that I've enjoyed quite a bit. However, I now have the potential to purchase a Fierrari, but only if I sell the Fiero first (partly because I need the cash for the purchase, partly because I'd otherwise find myself divorced and sleeping in said Fierrari). I've got her up on Craigslist, and there's been interest, but Craigslist is really just a digital Wal-Mart where you could try to sell a $100 bill for $50 and someone would still offer you $10. Anyhow, here are the stats:

* Runs great. It has the 2M4, so it's not going to blow the doors off of anything, but she's still peppy and fun to drive.

* 5-Speed transmission. She shifts very smoothly, no grinding of gears or stubborn slots.

* Sunroof. No leaks, nice and tight.

* After market CD player.

* Porsche-style flush mounted headlights. The standard Fiero lights are, of course, the pop-up variety. These, however, are set into the hood and have clear plastic where normally the pop-up door would be. No worry of motors giving out, lights getting stuck in the up or down position, or destroying your pop-up motor because your turned your lights on when the car was iced over.

* The interior. With the exception of the headliner (see below), the interior is very clean and well kept. No cracks in the dash, and the seats are in great condition.

* The exterior. With the exception of the paint (see below), the exterior is also in very good condition.

* Fuel economy. She consistently pulls 33 mpg on the highway.

A few photos:

A few points to note:

* 205K miles on it (it's the original engine). However, no mechanical troubles, and I drive her minimum once a week to work and back (the total trip is 134 miles). She's smooth on the highway, and easy around town.

* The paint. The exterior is actually in very good condition. But the paint has lost its luster, and there's a scratch here or there. She's a great looking car to drive around in right now, but she could eventually use a new paint job.

* The headliner. It's got some rips. There's no cloth that hangs down on your head or anything, but the liner definitely needs replacing. However, I'm looking at getting that done soon anyway. Depending on when you read this, it may already be done.

Anyone interested? I live in Greensboro, NC.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
ltlfrari

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 127
Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2013 12:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlfrariClick Here to visit ltlfrari's HomePageSend a Private Message to ltlfrariEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I saw that on CL, 4 cyl stick is a fun car to drive. Sadly I have no room for another car of any sort and I'd like to stay married too so have to pass. If you get the Ferrari, post pics, always been a fan of the 302/328 and 355, hence the user name!

------------------
Anything I might say is probably worth what you paid for it, so treat it accordingly!

Dave

www.ltlfrari.com

DKcustoms

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2013 07:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DKcustomsSend a Private Message to DKcustomsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Your wife doesn't want you having another Fiero, yet she drives a Nissan/Scion Box?
Kinda backwards :P

Good luck with the sale, seems like a decent car
Bat City Fieros

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2013 09:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Bat City FierosClick Here to visit Bat City Fieros's HomePageSend a Private Message to Bat City FierosEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
price?
Pic of headlights?
dtbritt

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2013 10:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dtbrittSend a Private Message to dtbrittEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ltlfrari - Thanks, I'll be sure to put a ton of photos up (and probably a lot of questions) if I luck into that Fierarri!

DKcustoms - Actually, the boxy car in the background is my brother-in-law's. Granted, the wife's ride isn't much better--she has a KIA.

Bat City - Here are some photos (headlights plus some additional ones I snapped at work yesterday). I'm thinking $2.5K.

Thanks!

David

[This message has been edited by dtbritt (edited 10-26-2013).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock