Fieros are the Best by RilesOfSmiles
Started on: 10-22-2013 12:23 AM
Replies: 12 (544 views)
Last post by: David Hambleton on 10-24-2013 07:20 PM
RilesOfSmiles

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2013 12:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RilesOfSmilesSend a Private Message to RilesOfSmilesEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My dad borrowed my 86gt today because his car (a 2006 Buick Terraza) was up on jack stands with brake issues... Don't even get me started with this thing... Anyway he had to drive my fiero everywhere and he absolutely loved it. My brother said he had a huge smile across his face as he pushed it a little. My point is that fieros might not be the fastest or most practical or most reliable but the joy that people experience when they have the chance to drive them is something a lot of cars can't do. Its why I sold my MR2 for it. Sure the MR2 was faster and better built but it wasn't nearly as fun to drive and to be honest it was quite harsh. Whenever you drive a fiero you just think to yourself "this is awesome". At least until it breaks down. But thats another story.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Leukay

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2013 12:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LeukaySend a Private Message to LeukayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just wanted to say, I have loved fieros for a few years now and have had two, but had never really driven either one... They both were projects... I just recently got my 87 GT drivable after a total engine rebuild and it was the most fun I've ever had in a car. I can't really push the engine too hard until it breaks in, but there is just something really special about driving these little cars. I can't wait to spend more time behind that steering wheel!

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2013 12:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

My guess is alot of folks on this forum were hooked after driving one
Shonyman32

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2013 02:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Shonyman32Send a Private Message to Shonyman32Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My friend was riding his motorcycle the other night and I was in my fiero. He said it was to cold for him to ride home and asked if I could ride it home and he could drive the fiero.
I let him and after we got back to his place he said that he would rather drive it than his bike any day of the week.
Fformula88

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2013 03:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fformula88Send a Private Message to Fformula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fieros have been in my life since 1990 (before I could drive). I have owned a Fiero in some form since 1997.

Every time I think I would like a newer, faster, or "better" sports car, I end up right back at the Fiero. I love how they drive, how they feel, how they look, etc. I am addicted.

They are loads of fun!
James_GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2013 08:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for James_GTSend a Private Message to James_GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Couldn't agree with you more.

I've owned my GT since the end of 2008 and have covered 30,000+ miles in that time and have never got tired of driving it daily.

I have driven lots of other interesting cars, and while they all have their perks, none of them have ever been more exciting to me than the Fiero.
87blackGT

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2013 02:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87blackGTSend a Private Message to 87blackGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I know. I keep thinking that I should get rid of my '87 and sell it to someone who will use it, because I just don't have the time for it any more. And then, I'll take it out for its monthly drive and before I even make the turn out onto the street, I have a smile on my face that seems to stay there for the whole time I am out in it. There is just something about these cars.
Fformula88

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2013 03:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fformula88Send a Private Message to Fformula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have tried to get out of Fieros twice. First when my long time Formula spun a bearing at 160K miles. I sold it and vowed to get a newer sports car. Until I ran across a T-top Formula. Then, when I couldn't drive it as much as I wanted due to the t-top leaks, I sold it, really vowing to be done with Fieros... and then bought my current 85 SE!
dobey

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post10-23-2013 03:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
When I got my 87 GT, a friend of mine wondered why I bought it. Took him for a ride in the car, and in less than a mile, he said "I can see why you would want one of these."
TheDigitalAlchemist

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2013 06:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've been getting a LOT of attention from folks lately. Either they know the car, and are happy to see it, or they have no idea what it is, and ask about it.

I currently (temporarily) have a 2014 Mustang in my driveway, next to the Fiero. In my insane mind, I just want to drive the Fiero. The Mustang has a nice interior, and It's fast, I suppose...but the exterior does NOTHING for me. it's almost UGLY. Well, it's not UGLY, but it's NOT "sexy". Then again, I prefer 'wedgy' cars, so the mustang is just not my thing... so yeah, counting me, you get another vote for "Fieros are the best"!

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2013 01:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 87blackGT:

I know. I keep thinking that I should get rid of my '87 and sell it to someone who will use it, because I just don't have the time for it any more. And then, I'll take it out for its monthly drive and before I even make the turn out onto the street, I have a smile on my face that seems to stay there for the whole time I am out in it. There is just something about these cars.

You gotta commit man!
PFF
System Bot
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2013 04:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
mine was an impulse buy.
David Hambleton

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2013 07:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for David HambletonSend a Private Message to David HambletonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I ordered a 1984 SE 4 spd in Sep1983; finally got it in May 1984 & drive it regularly; 362,000 km on it. I must like it!
I got a 1986 coupe 2.5L 5 spd a couple of years ago in case the '84 falls down & can't get up... drive it regularly too.
For nice days & weekends I have a 1988 Formula 5 spd with 24,000 km on it. Nice to have a "factory new" Fiero!
When I'm asked: "Why do you need three Fieros?" I return a blank stare & reply: "Need? What does need have to do with it?"

Maybe I need a shrink... or a Fiero with a rotary engine...

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock