Started on: 10-20-2013 05:24 PM
Replies: 5 (397 views)
Last post by: steve308 on 10-21-2013 08:28 PM
steve308

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2013 05:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
At Katies Cars and Coffee in Great Falls -

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Darksyde

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2013 06:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DarksydeSend a Private Message to DarksydeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
pretty nice setup, I have seen this numerous times in the diesel community. You have the supercharger for low rpm's and turbo for high rpms. Works out rather well.
aaronkoch

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2013 09:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for aaronkochSend a Private Message to aaronkochEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How does that work? Are both plumbed into the intake manifold? Is there a one way flapper for the SC when the turbo spools?
Just seems like crazy excess to me, I've never thought of turbo diesels as "lacking" in low-end torque..

------------------

Build thread for my 88 + 3800NA swap

Darksyde

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2013 05:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DarksydeSend a Private Message to DarksydeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
"The claimed benefits of having both a supercharger and a turbocharger include more throttle response, increased power, 31-32-mpg increase, and a 300-degree drop in exhaust gas temperatures."

I've read instant throttle response from idle up due to running anywhere from 7-15psi from the SC. then the turbo spools and launches upwards of 100psi boost in certain applications. So its basically a lagless setup. You get the instant boost from the SC and the crazy boost from the Turbo. Win/Win

craigsfiero2007

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2013 06:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for craigsfiero2007Send a Private Message to craigsfiero2007Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That guy likes to party with his shirt off. LOL!

Compound Charging is what its called. I believe West Coast Fieros has done a setup like this in a Fiero.

http://www.westcoastfiero.c...tems/john_turbo.html
steve308

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2013 08:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by aaronkoch:

Just seems like crazy excess to me,

Kind of the point

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock