Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Phonedawgz, Timm Bacher Please return my harnesses and other parts.

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Phonedawgz, Timm Bacher Please return my harnesses and other parts. by fierocarparts
Started on: 10-19-2013 11:48 AM
Replies: 22 (2063 views)
Last post by: BV MotorSports on 11-09-2013 10:00 AM
fierocarparts

Feedback score:    (66)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2013 11:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierocarpartsSend a Private Message to fierocarpartsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This has been resolved.

I have posted on his Facebook, called numerous times, emailed his account, PMed him here and all since September. I shipped the parts in July and was told 4-6 weeks to build and return parts. I gave 8 weeks before ATTEMPTING contact. I wanted to give him plenty of time to build it. I've been patiently waiting for CONTACT, much less the part. Since then, I have left emails/phone calls and PMs here on PFF. I have tried the contact info on his website www.reddevilriver.com . I wanted to give him the benefit of doubt as I know priorities change in life.

I have not been given ANY empty promises of delivery, I've not been given the benefit of ANY contact. I have a friend that will be in the area of the supplier to pick up ALL the items I shipped to them to have a custom part made, but he won't respond to ANY contact. I spent quite a bit shipping two large boxes of expensive parts that are required to create the wiring harness for my 3900 LZ9 swap. I sent pedal, two ECMs, two BCMs, 88 harness, box of extra wire pretty much everything I bought with the swap.

Most of their cost for the part is labor on his part (if he has even touched it).

The reason I contracted with him is because he had a good reputation here on PFF. I even started a thread asking for recommendations and his name came up. https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/092123.html
After shipping, I bought a Corvette and on their forum I found his reputation on their forum isn't as positive.

At this point, I'm just wanting to get my items back so I can either do the work myself, or job it out to another reputable supplier here. I can't even let him know that I don't want him to touch it, if he has. Only reason I can think of for him to ignore me and my request to have my parts returned is that he sold them.

I know there are PFF members that live in the same area of Fox Valley Wi, but I hate to involve them with a business transaction.

I'm not sure if I'm the tip of the iceberg of a supplier going south or merely an isolated transaction. Loyde of Fast Fieros had a great rep at one time and took people for tens of THOUSANDS of dollars and Dean of WhoDeanies had a great reputation and took people for tens of THOUSANDS of dollars as well. People took a lot of heat saying anything bad about them in the beginning.

I started to post a thread asking if anyone had contact with a member. When you see that a member has posted on here, you know they have time to respond to your calls/emails/PMs.

You can see pics here: https://www.facebook.com/ti...directed_target_id=0

I have verified that he has signed onto here and his Facebook account, so there is NO doubt he is avoiding me!

Timm, you have my contact info, but really at this point, contact is no longer required, just send all my stuff back.

[This message has been edited by fierocarparts (edited 11-08-2013).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
DL10

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 160
Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2013 11:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DL10Click Here to visit DL10's HomePageSend a Private Message to DL10Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You had 112 view with no replys to your other thread about this.... I feel for you, but sometimes karma is a bi***
fierocarparts

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2013 12:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierocarpartsSend a Private Message to fierocarpartsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry to hear you think that way but I'm sure that the people that were taken by Loyde and Dean wonder what part of their life was so bad that Karma would treat them that way.

Originally posted by DL10:

You had 112 view with no replys to your other thread about this.... I feel for you, but sometimes karma is a bi***

JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2013 04:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok, can now say with 100% certainty that Phonedawgz HAS seen this thread. I set up a little "experiment" and PhoneDogz followed a link that I to sent him.

I can tell you that he is using Google Chrome as his web browser, and connected using Road Runner Internet service. He is running Windows XP with his screen resolution set to 1280 x 800. He is in De Pere, Wisconsin at the moment, and viewed this thread today Oct 19th at 02:12:15 PM, and then again 30 seconds later. Probably trying to figure out how he ended up at this thread from an entirely different link than he was sent

So, if he does not post in this thread or contact FieroCarParts now, then he is blatantly ignoring and avoiding all contact.

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 10-19-2013).]

DKcustoms

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2013 04:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DKcustomsSend a Private Message to DKcustomsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

And to think I was about ready to purchase an ECM off of his eBay account...

I will definitely wait to see how this is resolved first if I don't get one somewhere else.
JCircs

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2013 06:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JCircsSend a Private Message to JCircsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I ordered my harness from him about a month ago and received it two weeks ago. He answered all my emails and phone calls and even spoke again on Thursday. Great work by the way. Hope it all works out for you.

------------------

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/087461.html

[This message has been edited by JCircs (edited 10-19-2013).]

Justinbart

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2013 06:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JustinbartSend a Private Message to JustinbartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Never had any problems with him

------------------
Turbo 3800 E85 F23 5spd spec5
10.91@133.1

fierocarparts

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2013 08:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierocarpartsSend a Private Message to fierocarpartsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
And you can see why I can't understand the lack of communication! If I had ANY misgivings about doing business with him, I wouldn't have contracted with him.
Thank you for verifying that he is still trying to take in business. I wasn't expecting instantaneous responses to my email/calls.
Part of this reminds me of how Loyde and Dean would pick and choose who they responded to.
It has been verified that he has seen at least THIS post and I received an email at 2:19pm, 7 minutes after John verified that it had been read.
I'm not angry. I just want my parts back so I can get the car finished.

[This message has been edited by fierocarparts (edited 10-20-2013).]

fierocarparts

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2013 01:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierocarpartsSend a Private Message to fierocarpartsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Timm,
Thank you for making contact. Please return the harnesses and all the other stuff I sent you. Hopefully you have kept the boxes with the things I sent you. Please forward the tracking information.
Thanks,
Steve
MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2013 01:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Justinbart:

Never had any problems with him

Same here..Bought a few harnesses from him with zero issues. Has called helping with issues. Great guy in my book....Gotta wonder how the other side of the story goes..,
fierocarparts

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2013 01:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierocarpartsSend a Private Message to fierocarpartsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Timm,
Thank you for making contact with me. At this point, I'd prefer to try it myself. When I sent it all to you, I didn't have time. Now I have time to mess with it and would feel more comfortable trying it myself at this point. Hopefully, you still have the boxes that I sent the stuff in to make it easier on you to ship back. Please forward shipping info.
Better than most others on PFF, I completely understand how priorities can shift.
Sincerely,
Steve Steele

On Oct 19, 2013, at 2:19 PM, Timm Bacher <timmbacher@xxxxx> wrote:
Hi Steve

Sorry for the delays here. I have had a number of things come up and I have let them take over my focus.

I ordered and received some of the terminals for your PCM and I have also picked up a harness for an LZ9 to make sure my connector locations are correct. I will have time this week to work on it if that is the way you want to go forward. If not I am fine with returning your donor harnesses. Let me know how you wish to go forward.

Timm Bacher

Does this help?

Originally posted by MstangsBware:

Same here..Bought a few harnesses from him with zero issues. Has called helping with issues. Great guy in my book....Gotta wonder how the other side of the story goes..,

Besides, some people say that "There is NO excuse for poor communication", or does that depend on who is doing it?

[This message has been edited by fierocarparts (edited 10-20-2013).]

PFF
System Bot
MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2013 02:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierocarparts:

Timm,
Thank you for making contact with me. At this point, I'd prefer to try it myself. When I sent it all to you, I didn't have time. Now I have time to mess with it and would feel more comfortable trying it myself at this point. Hopefully, you still have the boxes that I sent the stuff in to make it easier on you to ship back. Please forward shipping info.
Better than most others on PFF, I completely understand how priorities can shift.
Sincerely,
Steve Steele

On Oct 19, 2013, at 2:19 PM, Timm Bacher <timmbacher@xxxxx> wrote:
Hi Steve

Sorry for the delays here. I have had a number of things come up and I have let them take over my focus.

I ordered and received some of the terminals for your PCM and I have also picked up a harness for an LZ9 to make sure my connector locations are correct. I will have time this week to work on it if that is the way you want to go forward. If not I am fine with returning your donor harnesses. Let me know how you wish to go forward.

Timm Bacher

Does this help?
Besides, some people say that "There is NO excuse for poor communication", or does that depend on who is doing it?

Not sure what ur asking.....But good luck with ur harness....
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2013 06:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Timm,
Thank you for making contact with me.

Originally posted by Phonedawgz:

Very good! I am glad that it looks like everything is working out. I wish both of you the best of luck, and hope that all goes well.

fierocarparts

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2013 12:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierocarpartsSend a Private Message to fierocarpartsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was hoping that this issue was over and just let this posting die.
Timm contacted me, arranged to ship parts back, I told him weight of boxes, he initially only shipped one box (my original box) and it was 3# light. Waited for second box, (not original box) it was 8# light, so a total of 11# light. I compared what I had received to pictures I had taken of shipped items. I sent pictures of items to Timm on Thursday and have not heard back from him.
Oct 24 at 3:46pm
Timm,
I am missing the Evap harness, AC controls, fuse block, and 88 V-6 Auto harness.
Again, I NEVER expect anyone to respond to me immediately. I don't expect anyone to give up their weekend, or endanger their job, but there has been time in between to respond to my emails.
Those of you that contacted him or helped expedite this issue getting resolved I thank you.
josef644

Feedback score:    (71)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2013 02:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Steve PM sent
fierocarparts

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2013 08:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierocarpartsSend a Private Message to fierocarpartsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for all your support through PMs. I can understand not wanting to take flack.

"Yeah, I had trouble with him last year. I did finally get my harness, but it took a lot of phone calls and a threat to sic the BBB and a lawyer on him before he finally delivered."

"No problem. I saw your post about phonedawgs but have stayed out of it unlike his insulting me in the past i prefer not to go that route either way hope fully he either does the work he was supposed to or returns all your parts."

"...have had out troubles with Timm lately too, ...... gave Timm ........ work on a computer .... and 6 months later nothing was done. SO, XXXX who lives up by him went over and got it back. Since then I don't ask him for help anymore. "

I find it strange that all those people who usually blast for no communications seem quiet. Strange also is why there isn't any questions of why parts haven't been returned. Well no doubt about him not having time to respond to my emails and PMs.

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/F...2/HTML/127340-5.html

[This message has been edited by fierocarparts (edited 10-30-2013).]

mattwa

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2013 03:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That's too bad, in the past I have had several transactions and communication exchanges with Timm and not once did I have a single problem. I was planning on having him make a harness in the near future as well..now I don't know.
FIEROFLYER

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 180
Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2013 08:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROFLYERSend a Private Message to FIEROFLYEREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Give him a chance to correct this if he does not then at least you tried. being a harness builder I can tell you it is not hard to fall behind and become totally overwhelmed with all the work. You get dry seasons with little work then you some times get pounded with orders or as I have had happen in the past people just start sending harnesses to you to build with no warning of their arrival and before you know it you are in way over your head.
At this point I have always stopped taking new orders of any kind and focused on nothing but getting caught up and I have also been known to not be the best at responding to messages on here as I am not on here that much when I am really busy. which is why I usually suggest emails over PM's. In the end I have always finally gotten caught up before taking on any new work so it could be he is doing this. Dan
fierocarparts

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2013 10:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierocarpartsSend a Private Message to fierocarpartsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I believe in giving lots of time for people to respond and do work. If I'm in a rush for a part, I tell the person upfront how quick I need it. For a lot of us, selling things here is our way of paying for our hobby while helping others out that may not have time or resources to pull parts or build custom items.
Timm located all my missing parts except the 88 harness which might've been used to make a harness for someone else. He agreed to pay $45 for the harness. Now all I'm waiting on is for him to ship the parts he found Thursday. I'm confident that he was waiting on my decision on the 88 harness before sealing the box and shipping.
I'm hoping this is winding down so I won't have to give it anymore attention.
FIEROFLYER

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 180
Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2013 11:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROFLYERSend a Private Message to FIEROFLYEREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
K so he used your Fiero engine harness on another customers build or just out right sold it to some one needing a good stock harness, that is not good.
BV MotorSports

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 189
Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2013 11:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry you are having problems. I have nothing but good things to say about Timm. He has saved my ass on more than one occasion and often sells me stuff very cheap or out right gives it to me (small stuff, but it makes all the difference when you really need it and cant find it anywhere).
PFF
System Bot
fierocarparts

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2013 08:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierocarpartsSend a Private Message to fierocarpartsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I know what you mean about one person having no problems with a vendor and others nothing but trouble.
Dean helped me on my F355 and sent things for free but yours was not the case with him.
I'm glad that I'm only out my shipping. All parts are returned (or paid for).
Sounds like we are both back to doing the work ourselves.

Originally posted by BV MotorSports:

Sorry you are having problems. I have nothing but good things to say about Timm. He has saved my ass on more than one occasion and often sells me stuff very cheap or out right gives it to me (small stuff, but it makes all the difference when you really need it and cant find it anywhere).

BV MotorSports

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 189
Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2013 10:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Sounds like we are both back to doing the work ourselves.

^^^ FACT!

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock