The '84 "sport" manual by KillerFrogg
Started on: 10-14-2013 08:40 PM
Replies: 5 (200 views)
Last post by: KillerFrogg on 10-15-2013 09:55 PM
KillerFrogg

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2013 08:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KillerFroggSend a Private Message to KillerFroggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So for some back story, I am planing on taking my '84 and putting it on '88 suspension front and rear, then later down the line, swap out the duke for the LNF version of the Ecotec, and tune to put out ~310 +/- 10 hp.
I got the car for free, so unless I can find an '88 for under $500 (does not need to run. parts car for suspension) I am just going to get what I need from junk yards.

Ok so the real question. When I am done I am going to have a Duke mated to the "sport" version of the 4 speed. The one with the 4.10 final drive. Is there much value in that trans?

I ask because I am tossing the idea around with a friend of mine to take the '84 front and rear cradle, a pile of tube steel, and a summer, and make up a frame to mount them to. basically a big gokart/buggy kind of thing. It is still an idea right now.

I was thinking that the more agressive gearing would be good for a project like this, but before I go and really abuse it, I was wondering if there is much demand for it out there in the Fiero community.

Thanks!
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Gall757

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2013 08:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by KillerFrogg:

I was wondering if there is much demand for it out there in the Fiero community.

Thanks!

92% of the manual transmissions sold that year were the 4.10. 8% were the MY8....3.32 so the short answer is 'no'.
KillerFrogg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2013 02:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KillerFroggSend a Private Message to KillerFroggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
lol ok so they are not rare by any means. That being said, more just out of curiosity at this point, how much do they normally go for?
Gall757

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2013 01:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You can probably find one in the Mall, but I have seen well-worn ones offered for $100 (plus shipping).
1984whitesc

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2013 09:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1984whitescClick Here to visit 1984whitesc's HomePageSend a Private Message to 1984whitescEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
/\ I agree. I had one and couldn't get rid of it. Not much value in these transmissions. The gearing is undesirable for higher hwy speeds. In my 84 coupe if I was doing 65 she would be screaming at 3,000 rpms.

------------------

1984 White Fiero Sport Coupe (Juliet) in restoration
//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/089093.html
1988 Red Fiero Standard Coupe (Bella) in restoration
1990 Black Buick Reatta (Noir)
2002 White Chevy Impala base(Haylie)

KillerFrogg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2013 09:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KillerFroggSend a Private Message to KillerFroggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Alright, well thanks guys!

I figured if it was an easy sell I could at least turn a paper-weight into come cash to help fund my swap. But for $100ish, I am most likely just going to end up keeping it with the engine so i have a full drive train with a turn key engine later down the road.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock