Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Fiero Factory Limited UK (Looking for a paint code)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Fiero Factory Limited UK (Looking for a paint code) by Jocksoft
Started on: 10-10-2013 08:46 AM
Replies: 12 (718 views)
Last post by: 2.5 on 10-14-2013 12:49 PM
Jocksoft

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2013 08:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JocksoftSend a Private Message to JocksoftEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi there.

I am trying to get in touch with anyone who knows something about the Fiero Factory Limited UK.

My problem is this. Back in 2004 they converted an 88GT into a 308GTS replica for me.
A couple of weeks ago someone bash the front of my car and damaged it. I am in the process of getting it repaired but matching the paint is proving to be very difficult. The 3 paint shops I have been to have all said the same thing. (We need the paint code)

No I remember when I picked my car up, Steve Briddon (the guy in charge) told me that he always uses the same colour red so If I have any problems ti give him a call.

So does anyone here either know what the code of the paint that this company used is, or can put me in touch with someone who does.

I would really appreciate any help I can get.

Thanks.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2013 09:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So it should be a Ferrari red, and not Fiero red?

Over here many parts stores have a scanner/camera of sorts, they take it out to your car and hold it close to the paint and it takes a picture, then a computer used the image to tell them what parts of what colors to mix to tget teh same exact color. Its worked 3 times for me, a red, a metallic green, and a silver. They usually mix spray cans for touch up, but possibly the mix information could be used to mix paint for a gun to spray.
Jocksoft

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2013 09:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JocksoftSend a Private Message to JocksoftEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Unfortunately I live in France and technology like paint scanners is completely lost on the locals.

I mentioned this to one of the paint shops and he looked at me like I had just landed from Mars.

Thats why I am trying to find the code of the paint the FIERO FACTORY LIMITED used.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2013 10:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hopefully someone will know.
Does the 308 have a gas lid like the Fiero? You could ship that somehwere that can do a paint scan.
TopNotch

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2013 10:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TopNotchClick Here to visit TopNotch's HomePageSend a Private Message to TopNotchEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
According to the Mad Mechanics forum, the owner of the Fiero Factory Ltd. passed away a few years ago, and the business may no longer exist.
Jocksoft

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2013 04:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JocksoftSend a Private Message to JocksoftEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump.

Is there really no one on here that has had dealing with the Fiero Factory Limited UK???

tesmith66

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 135
Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2013 08:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tesmith66Send a Private Message to tesmith66Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Have the body shop tell the insurance company it's a custom color, can't be matched and a total repaint is required. Then pick a factory color for future matching.
Jocksoft

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2013 08:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JocksoftSend a Private Message to JocksoftEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is not an insurance job. I am paying for this out of my own pocket. And I am desperately trying to avoid having to respray the entire car.
Gall757

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2013 08:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

Hopefully someone will know.
Does the 308 have a gas lid like the Fiero? You could ship that somehwere that can do a paint scan.

There should be an automotive paint supply store near you that matches colors, even if they do it the old-fashioned 'eyeball' way. You also have the problem of fading, so there may be no production color that matches.
PK

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2013 12:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PKSend a Private Message to PKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Jock,

I hear there is now a Faceache thing for UK Fiero owners, they might well have your answer.

If not, you could try and locate Steve Gill from "Pontiac and Jeep". I don't think him'sen and Briddon were ever bestest mates but he may well know the code.

Good luck.

Cheers
PK

EDIT: put in the name of a famous motorcycle racer rather than the owner of Pontiac and Jeep UK!

[This message has been edited by PK (edited 10-14-2013).]

jon m

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2013 12:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jon mSend a Private Message to jon mEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
the fiero factory uk is no longer running - I tried a couple of months ago.

even their website isnt fully working now

jon
PFF
System Bot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2013 12:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Gall757:

There should be an automotive paint supply store near you that matches colors, even if they do it the old-fashioned 'eyeball' way. You also have the problem of fading, so there may be no production color that matches.

Yeah I was thinking if nothing else ship the gas cap, or headlight door if it has body color ones, or something to (where-ever), even the U.S. , they scan the color it is send it back and send him paint that matches it. Or at least a recipe of the ingredients and quantities.

I am surprised there are no paint shops over there that can do a paint match without a code, but maybe thats normal there.

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 10-14-2013).]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2013 12:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

43225 posts
Member since May 2007
These have anything to do with the company? Did they change their name?

http://www.cy-b.org/comms/ff-ex.html

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock