Help 3800 series 2 swap by Sonny Burnett 21
Started on: 10-09-2013 11:42 PM
Replies: 9 (712 views)
Last post by: Sonny Burnett 21 on 10-12-2013 09:22 AM
Sonny Burnett 21

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2013 11:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Sonny Burnett 21Send a Private Message to Sonny Burnett 21Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well I have a 1986 fiero gt fastback and after a year of research and information gathering I want to put a 3.8 n/a in my car. But I don't know what I'm doing. And I don't have a team to help me. I live in east ky I was wanted to know. How long would this take to do the swap how much money am I looking for mounts. Someone in ky to help me. Tips and a wire harness tips too. Thanks pff
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
aaronkoch

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2013 02:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for aaronkochSend a Private Message to aaronkochEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I did mine from scratch, and while it took me a while there was nothing really that difficult about it. Click the link in my sig for step by step with pictures.

------------------

Build thread for my 88 + 3800NA swap

Tweeder

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2013 05:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TweederSend a Private Message to TweederEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There are a few members on here that sell mounts and wiring harness.

------------------
86 SE Convertible 3800sc 4t65e HD.

Sonny Burnett 21

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2013 09:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Sonny Burnett 21Send a Private Message to Sonny Burnett 21Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks buds your build looks great. All I want to do is a 3.8 auto swap (no power steering) something short sweet and simple. I'm low funded and noone to help me with my idea
FIEROFLYER

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 180
Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2013 09:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROFLYERSend a Private Message to FIEROFLYEREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
depending on year of tranny the 92 to 96 Trans Sport 4T60E mount brackets will work so all you need to make is an engine mount bracket, if your car is an auto you already have one of the needed axles, wiring is not that hard if you take your time same as the exhaust. I would say if you do not have a mig or access to one go buy a decent one and make all your own parts and save a lot of money. Dan

------------------

DARN Cars now open with
Over 30 years wiring experience between cars and trade as an avionics technician in both Canadian Air Force and civilian aviation.
Over 25 years experience building and modifying cars.
Over 10 years of full Fiero engine swaps and harnesses building and still going.

Sonny Burnett 21

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2013 04:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Sonny Burnett 21Send a Private Message to Sonny Burnett 21Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So I would have to change my axels too what axels will I need. And the wire harness is something I'm afraid of doing (if I'm honst I've never done a complete overhaul before) how much would it cost to have a harness done. If funds get too tight I'll make my own brackets.
FIEROFLYER

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 180
Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2013 07:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROFLYERSend a Private Message to FIEROFLYEREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Harness average around $400 when you have a 3800SC harness for the person to work with, there is a few on here besides myself that make plug and play harnesses. Personally I have been making them for many years now and supply a matching programmed PCM with each harness.
If you are capable of reading a wiring diagram and soldering I can help you make your own harness as well. Dan
Sonny Burnett 21

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2013 11:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Sonny Burnett 21Send a Private Message to Sonny Burnett 21Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If its as eazy as you say it is and you are willing to walk me threw it. I'll be willing to do it that way.
deezil

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2013 01:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for deezilSend a Private Message to deezilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Do what I did. Start saving and save some more. Then rent a trailer and a truck if you don't have one and drop it off in Yoder Co at Mike Gonzalez' house. Then wait for his Phone call.

I joke....But for me letting someone who can do this with their eyes closed was a no brainer. It it was well within my Budget and Im a Poor SOB.
Sonny Burnett 21

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2013 09:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Sonny Burnett 21Send a Private Message to Sonny Burnett 21Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
deezil how much doing it that way set you back.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock