Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  DGP owner recognized for some of his work.

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
DGP owner recognized for some of his work. by SuperchargedV6
Started on: 10-07-2013 05:40 PM
Replies: 13 (623 views)
Last post by: SuperchargedV6 on 10-11-2013 07:19 AM
SuperchargedV6

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 175
Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2013 05:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SuperchargedV6Send a Private Message to SuperchargedV6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
In case anyone wasn't to see a few things Bob Birchmeier did in his career read this small article. Bob built my DGP original. I hope its readable as is was scanned by Bob for me. Rick B

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
SuperchargedV6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2013 05:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SuperchargedV6Send a Private Message to SuperchargedV6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here is his Corvette that spoke on and the glass top he built only two of. Also a few other shots of his cars. I keep telling him I need to do a book on his life. He thinks I am crazy. Rick B

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2013 12:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That Goodwrench widebody fastback, how does that fit in time and place, I mean considering the one Fred recently aquired? OOoo is that an actual fastback race car that was used? I see one of Fred's in the last image, when it was brown?

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 10-08-2013).]

SuperchargedV6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2013 02:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SuperchargedV6Send a Private Message to SuperchargedV6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
DGP closed in 1988 from all Bob has told me and they did quite a bit of GT's once it came out. This was one of the last Stage 4 race bodies built at DGP and it was built after the one Fred just bought that was John Callies car specially built at DGP. Rick B

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2013 04:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thats some sweet Fiero history you have pics of there.
fierocarparts

Feedback score:    (66)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2013 04:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierocarpartsSend a Private Message to fierocarpartsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Makes me wonder what happened to all of these cars.
VERY cool!

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2013 04:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A few pics from the Heartland Fiero show get together 2013

Dburger

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-08-2013 04:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DburgerSend a Private Message to DburgerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What's the story on the plain white notch in the bottom right?
SuperchargedV6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2013 08:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SuperchargedV6Send a Private Message to SuperchargedV6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That one is mine that was right as they pulled it out of the building with the Gel coated parts on it. They then stripped it down and painted it Gold over White as I own it now. Here is my car in Dec 1983 in the top four shot and then shortly after when they built the 1st wide body which is mine and the lower 4 pictures. The holes from that thin black spoiler are still on the underside of the rear deck and starting to show on the top side. My Gold over White car is also in the back of Car craft, Hot Rod and many other magazines from 1984 through 1986 in the back ad section for DGP.. Also notice it was made with no marker lights and only a few were made like this as prototypes. The standard package had the light cutouts. Fred's car was the Stage 3 when used for Car & Driver Magazine with the Dole car and had no marker lights but when they took the back off and made it a Stage 4 it had the rear marker lights added. Rick B

[This message has been edited by SuperchargedV6 (edited 10-08-2013).]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2013 09:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by SuperchargedV6:

Who are the 3 signatures besides Callis and Hulki? Worked at GM?
G-Man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2013 08:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for G-ManSend a Private Message to G-ManEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I see Gary Witzenburg and one of the others is Alex 'Something'

eta: Gary was some kind of automotive journalist. http://www.amazon.com/Fiero...Sports/dp/0879384670

I'm not too sure about Alex Something. Apparently, he has faded into obscurity.

[This message has been edited by G-Man (edited 10-09-2013).]

PFF
System Bot
SuperchargedV6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2013 08:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SuperchargedV6Send a Private Message to SuperchargedV6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Alex was a gentlemen who worked there and the other was an engineer who worked on the design of the Fiero with Schinello. I should have written them down at the time so I remembered. Gary Witzenburg wrote the Fiero Book as G-man said. Rick B

[This message has been edited by SuperchargedV6 (edited 10-10-2013).]

h.d.fire

Feedback score:    (28)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2013 10:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for h.d.fireSend a Private Message to h.d.fireEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Awesome information Rick! Thanks for sharing!
SuperchargedV6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2013 07:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SuperchargedV6Send a Private Message to SuperchargedV6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think it would be cool to make a Car Craft car,,, HDfire,,, hint hint Rick B

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock