Arrowhead on nose? by fierocarparts
Started on: 10-07-2013 02:43 PM
Replies: 9 (420 views)
Last post by: johnyrottin on 10-16-2013 09:00 AM
fierocarparts

Feedback score:    (66)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2013 02:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierocarpartsSend a Private Message to fierocarpartsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Which one fits the best and what vehicle is it from? If you have one let me know, might buy it.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2013 04:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have heard (cannot substantiate this) that the G-series, Solstice, and GTO ones work. I also was told that, for the sail panels, the same rear badges are just larger that the original ones enabling the plastic surround on the sail to be "ground off" and fully convered by one which the colors would last. Look through the GTO nose and a few other builds. I know I have read on those threads which badges they used and the Arrowhead on the stock Fiero nose was discussed.
fierocarparts

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2013 09:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierocarpartsSend a Private Message to fierocarpartsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I glanced at the G-series and the Torrent. Not a lot of wrecking yards here to explore. Thanks for info.
Looks like Joe used G6. Waiting to hear back to verify before purchase.

[This message has been edited by fierocarparts (edited 10-07-2013).]

Jarhead 2m4

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2013 10:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jarhead 2m4Click Here to visit Jarhead 2m4's HomePageSend a Private Message to Jarhead 2m4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think I have a Solstice one around here somewhere... I wanted to use it on my new nose, just not sure if I'm ever going to get the thing ready.
JimmyS

Feedback score:    (31)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 124
Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2013 11:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There are basically 2 sizes for the Arrow Head. 1 large and 1 small. The small one can be found on the rear of the Solstice. Depending on where you intend to put it on the nose is going to determine which size is best to use. The large one would work well on the top of the bumper where the stock badge is located. The small one will fit nicely onto the center bar of the mouth opening. That would require making a mounting plate for it.

[This message has been edited by JimmyS (edited 10-07-2013).]

josef644

Feedback score:    (71)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2013 09:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
G5 or G6. The Solstice one is supposed to be the same size too. There are 4" and 5" ones. The 5 inch one looked to be to large me. I purchased a 4 " one, and compared to to a 5 inch one at a WalMart parking lot. Some have a slight curve to them. So stay to the ones mentioned that were mounted on the rear of the trunks, and not the front.

Go to a shopping mall and drive around and look at the ones on Pontiacs. Some were gaudy looking. I saw some on the front of a few Bonnevilles that were a cheap maroon/pinkish color. The one I used had a nice chrome outside with a deep maroon arrowhead inside.

This looks like it belongs there in the first place.

[This message has been edited by josef644 (edited 10-08-2013).]

fierocarparts

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2013 03:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierocarpartsSend a Private Message to fierocarpartsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank y'all for all the input. I found this information based on what you gave me.

2006-2010 PONTIAC SOLSTICE REAR BUMPER EMBLEM GM part #10346362

5" GM part number 22689321

Joe,
I think you are exactly right that the Arrowhead looks like it belongs there.
Jarhead- sent you a PM
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2013 10:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just a thought but you could print a picture of the arrow head at the 4"and 5" scale, cut them out, and lay them on the nose where you want to place one. That way you could see how they look and what size you prefer. Kind of a mock up, if you will.
fierocarparts

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2013 02:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierocarpartsSend a Private Message to fierocarpartsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bought the 4", put it up on nose. The way the paint shop did stripes, I think OEM GT badge looks better.
http://www.flickr.com/photo...976@N06/10314007265/
Sorry can't get PIP to work for me anymore.

[This message has been edited by fierocarparts (edited 10-16-2013).]

johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2013 09:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Pics???

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock