I just want to drive it already... by mitchjl22
Started on: 10-06-2013 10:49 PM
Replies: 17 (589 views)
Last post by: mitchjl22 on 10-22-2013 02:36 AM
mitchjl22

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2013 10:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mitchjl22Send a Private Message to mitchjl22Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am in the process of my 2004 Series III Supercharged swap and I see the end in sight. I'm in the process of mating the trans and the engine (Getrag 282) and I just want this to be over already. I'm dying to run it in the quarter. I don't think I'll make it before they close the track. Sun., Oct. 27. I wonder what time I could run. 13s? 12s? I'd love to run a 12. I have a 3.5" Pulley, PLOG, 3" Downpipe - 2.5" 4 Baffle Inline Mufflers, Series II TB.

The purpose of this thread is to explain my impatience, and talk with other 3800 owners/drivers about how great the swap will be when I'm done. What should I expect the power to be like? Etc.

-Mitch
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2013 01:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
think of my pain.. I'm a single 25 year old with something that looks like a Ferrari in my driveway and I cant drive it lol
mitchjl22

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2013 02:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mitchjl22Send a Private Message to mitchjl22Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
haha i seriously can't wait to drive it.... its almost killing me.
TXOPIE

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2013 10:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
mitchjl22,

Patience Grasshopper!

I have been working on my 3800 swap for 2 years. (Now to be fair, I have done a completely restoration on the car) So I can relate on wanting to drive your 3800SC!

I am almost at the finish line and I believe the wait will be all worth the finished product when completed.

I wish you a successful swap!

madbrad01

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2013 10:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madbrad01Send a Private Message to madbrad01Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I bought member kreamers old car, and once i got it running ,it is fast! the car was rolled over ,so i have alot of body work to do before i can put it back on the road.So i feel your pain.
johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2013 11:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Look at it this way....you finish and have a little time to run it and work out the bugs (over winter). Come spring it's game on!!!
sco77

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2013 08:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sco77Send a Private Message to sco77Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Power... It's like night and day difference from stock 2.8, when you put the pedal down it goes! powerband is nice above 3-4k.

------------------
86 Fiero GT 4spd - L67 swap: VS cam, GenV
98 GTP - Some mods

pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2013 08:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I know the pain waiting for power to.. my IMSA is getting a 3800SC as well and the suspense is killing me

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2013 09:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by johnyrottin:

Look at it this way....you finish and have a little time to run it and work out the bugs (over winter). Come spring it's game on!!!

I agree, you dont want to rush and break something right away
hnthomps

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2013 10:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If it helps any I have a car with a 3800 SC Series III engine, N* TV, ZZP intercooler, VS cam, and a 3.4 pulley. This vehicle is tuned fro reliability and not maximum performance but still has about 300 HP and 300 ft lbs of torque at the wheel (according to the dyno). It is reasonably fast and I am certain that you will enjoy it immensely.

Nelson
thismanyfieros

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2013 11:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for thismanyfierosSend a Private Message to thismanyfierosEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
you should see low 13's to possibly high 12's.... ps pay attention and learn how to shift fast or you will be bouncing off the rev limiter before you know it.. And smile when you walk away from most cars your side by side with!!!

[This message has been edited by thismanyfieros (edited 10-09-2013).]

PFF
System Bot
NoMoreRicers

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2013 03:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NoMoreRicersSend a Private Message to NoMoreRicersEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I know how you feel Mitch. I've got the money to finish my build right now, but my wife and I decided to budget out a certain amount a month into it and now I kind of regret agreeing to that.

I might be a little whipped.
mitchjl22

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2013 02:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mitchjl22Send a Private Message to mitchjl22Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm just so absolutely excited. My 18th birthday is on Friday, and I can't wait for the following week. I got the engine mated to the trans today, and mounted to the cradle!
helmet1978

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2013 06:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for helmet1978Click Here to visit helmet1978's HomePageSend a Private Message to helmet1978Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You can come drive mine before the weather gets nasty if you want

------------------
http://www.raceme.cc/helmet/

race9887

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2013 01:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for race9887Send a Private Message to race9887Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I know how you feel, started my swap almost 2 years ago. Between High School and work sometimes I feel like nothing gets done and today I wake up to snow.

------------------
Our projects

Fieros: 86 SE 3800 Series 2

Build Thread: //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/121858.html

aaronkoch

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2013 01:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for aaronkochSend a Private Message to aaronkochEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Mine took about 4 years to do, for budget / family time reasons..

I agree with the above post: Take your time, you will run into little stuff that will take time to get right. Expect it, don't be frustrated by it. Oh, and tighten those axle nuts down.. ROFL.

------------------

Build thread for my 88 + 3800NA swap

mitchjl22

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2013 02:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mitchjl22Send a Private Message to mitchjl22Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by helmet1978:

You can come drive mine before the weather gets nasty if you want

ooohhhh If we get the chance to meet up, that would be awesome I'm getting so close. I just have a few more things to check off the list. Finished the fuel system today.

• Oil
  • Plugs
  • Coolant
  • Air Intake
  • Exhaust
  • Plug in the finished wiring harness.

mitchjl22

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2013 02:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mitchjl22Send a Private Message to mitchjl22Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

mitchjl22

1144 posts
Member since Sep 2011

Originally posted by aaronkoch:

Mine took about 4 years to do, for budget / family time reasons..

I agree with the above post: Take your time, you will run into little stuff that will take time to get right. Expect it, don't be frustrated by it. Oh, and tighten those axle nuts down.. ROFL.

Haha! When i took the axles out, I left them bolted to the shock towers just in case!

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock