Started on: 10-06-2013 10:30 PM
Replies: 15 (1172 views)
Last post by: hnthomps on 10-08-2013 07:34 PM
exoticse

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2013 10:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hmmm,,....never seen this one before, has anyone else ??

http://www.cardomain.com/ri.../1987-pontiac-fiero/

It has an air ride system installed.

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 10-06-2013).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
lateFormula

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2013 06:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for lateFormulaSend a Private Message to lateFormulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:
It has an air ride system installed.

And a poor fitting rice-boy fart pipe.
Dburger

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-07-2013 07:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DburgerSend a Private Message to DburgerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Other than the fart can and lambo doors, I like it.
IIKool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2013 08:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IIKoolSend a Private Message to IIKoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Does anyone have any info. on how this system is installed this is what I'm thinking of doing and would appreciate as much info as possible.
Macs86GT

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2013 08:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Macs86GTSend a Private Message to Macs86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Its either a hack job for shows that compromises performance or it was a rather hard to find hit made in conjunction with ht motorsports i had seen info on the system and pics but never saw one in person. I believe it was made for kit car guys so they could lift the nose over speed bumps and such. IF you read his car domain page there are TO screens in the doors as well as the mega super hp fart pipe. Nice car minus the silly screens and fart pipe. i tried t ofind the web page that i saw it on but i'm not finding it i did run across this though http://www.westcoastfieros....m_posts.asp?TID=1963 it shows how another owner made a custom set of air bags.

[This message has been edited by Macs86GT (edited 10-07-2013).]

pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2013 11:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Someone got a pepboys gift card for Christmas..
BazookaFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2013 11:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BazookaFieroSend a Private Message to BazookaFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Honestly I really don't understand the idea of having tv screens in such stupid places... or at all for that matter. Waste of money...

------------------

zmcdonal

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2013 12:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zmcdonalSend a Private Message to zmcdonalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Love the idea of air ride. Always thought that would be nice to be able to raise it up a bit for steep driveways or entrys, as well as driving it onto a lift without needing to use boards.

Not a fan of all the tv's or the lambo doors, each to their own, but you can tell a lot of work has gone into this ride.

[This message has been edited by zmcdonal (edited 10-07-2013).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2013 10:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I don't mind the lambo doors at all, but that fart can is pretty over the top.

As far as the TV screens to each his own, not my taste.

I didn't even notice them until someone pointed them out hehehe.
IIKool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2013 07:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IIKoolSend a Private Message to IIKoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So has anybody that on the forum did the air ride? I would sure like to talk to someone who has done this, would would save a lot of time and mistakes.
Australian

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2013 07:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There are a few fieros with air up front for getting over things. It isn't rice to have bags if your not going to pop it.
PFF
System Bot
fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2013 08:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A local member built his own setup from scratch for the rear of his 86 SE.
He bought air bags that fit around the strut and is using the compressor and controller from a Lincoln to maintain ride height.

I can't speak for any of these kits - but they exist. I'm not sure if anyone here would spend this kind of money,
but I'm sure those who've built Lambo kits and such may have an air system on their car.

Kits. Installation instructions download available.
http://www.x2industries.com...00.html#.Ub8L55w4eCg

84-88 front/rear available separately - instructions download
http://www.airbagit.com/Sea...lts.asp?Search=fiero

-------------------
Calgary time/temp

3.4L Supercharged 87 GT Click me
Super Duty 4 Indy #163 Click me

[This message has been edited by fierosound (edited 10-08-2013).]

Macs86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2013 11:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Macs86GTSend a Private Message to Macs86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
the other question is how stable are they at speeds or during cornering, and could you run an auto x even with these on the car?

[This message has been edited by Macs86GT (edited 10-08-2013).]

IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2013 11:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ryan (green goblin) did that on here
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum3/HTML/000064.html

To see his car, search YouTube for Fiero air ride. I believe his YouTube name is Ryan.C
Macs86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2013 03:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Macs86GTSend a Private Message to Macs86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
good thread and cool fiero. I did find these at http://www.ridetech.com/store/shockwaves/ their for performance driving It looks like they would work well on an 88 or a modified 84-86 with tubular front suspensions and coil overs. Once i have some things life wise sorted i might give the shock waves a go after changing to a slalom suspension first.
hnthomps

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2013 07:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have air shocks in the front of a lowered 87 Mera so that I can get out of the driveway or over speed bumps and other obstacles without dragging the bottom of the car. It certainly helps me and the ride is decent or better.

Nelson

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock