Found an extra nut in my engine compartment by NetCam
Started on: 10-04-2013 06:35 PM
Replies: 9 (514 views)
Last post by: 2.5 on 10-11-2013 09:21 AM
NetCam

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2013 06:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NetCamClick Here to visit NetCam's HomePageSend a Private Message to NetCamEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Anybody know where this goes??

I've heard of mice building nests in the heater, but squirrels stashing chestnuts in the engine compartment??
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Midn1ght Driv3r

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2013 11:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Midn1ght Driv3rSend a Private Message to Midn1ght Driv3rEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My engine compartment was filled with nuts that looked like walnuts all over. Couldn't tell you what kind they were, but i still find them occasionally
jaredmurray88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2013 11:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaredmurray88Send a Private Message to jaredmurray88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You just better hope it isn't a cave rat like we have around here. If they leave something then there is something else they took lol. When we went to Laurel Caverns this summer the tour guide told us about a guy that had his keys replaced with a stick at the front desk...
Bloozberry

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 311
Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2013 07:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BloozberrySend a Private Message to BloozberryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Obviously the squirrel had heard of the Fiero's reputation and put two and two together when he heard the lyrics "Chestnuts roasting on an open fire..."
tesmith66

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 135
Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2013 08:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tesmith66Send a Private Message to tesmith66Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That's funny.

When I split my tractor to replace the clutch I found a big double handful of dog food in the bellhousing. Apparently it sat for a bit with the starter removed (had a new one on it when I got it) and someone was setting up a winter hideaway.
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2013 08:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I thought you were going to post a picture of yourself standing in the engine bay.
I find pieces of insect, baby birds, maple seed, worms and other stuff left by the Chipmunks that reside in my back yard. Your critter must be a bit larger to be able to haul something that large up into the engine.
That looks more like an American Black Walnut. Around here, Chestnuts grow in a spiney shell. Reminds me of sea urchins.
Vernon8360

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2013 12:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Vernon8360Send a Private Message to Vernon8360Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've always thought that's what the passenger seat was for.
NetCam

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2013 10:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NetCamClick Here to visit NetCam's HomePageSend a Private Message to NetCamEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierofool:

I thought you were going to post a picture of yourself standing in the engine bay.
I find pieces of insect, baby birds, maple seed, worms and other stuff left by the Chipmunks that reside in my back yard. Your critter must be a bit larger to be able to haul something that large up into the engine.
That looks more like an American Black Walnut. Around here, Chestnuts grow in a spiney shell. Reminds me of sea urchins.

We've got those pointy ones here too, call them horse chestnuts... Don't know if that's the right name, but that's what we called 'em as kids. Was jacking up the car today to remove my rear struts and another one rolled out from the right front wheel well. I'd better start driving it more often!
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2013 09:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeah, it'd be horrible to have one of those things fall out while driving and hit a member of a motorcycle gang. Funny, how we're so geographically far apart but we also called them horse chestnuts or buckeyes.

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2013 09:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks like a walnut. Thats a very agile squirrel to get it on top the engine.

Though I doubt a nut that big is in there, you may want to check your heater box for squirrel nests.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock