Fuel sending uints by larini74
Started on: 09-17-2013 01:14 PM
Replies: 7 (264 views)
Last post by: DLCLK87GT on 09-18-2013 09:45 AM
larini74

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2013 01:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for larini74Click Here to visit larini74's HomePageSend a Private Message to larini74Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I need a fuel sending uint for my '88 Coupe, 2.5L 4cyl.
Anyone know where to get one?
Fiero Store doesn't have them, nor NAPA, Advanced Auto, Rock Auto, etc...
Anyone know of a substitute from another model that can be used?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Fiero84Freak

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2013 01:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero84FreakSend a Private Message to Fiero84FreakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I didn't think there were any available new? That's why people have been holding onto good ones or repairing old ones that are repairable...

EDIT: Yeah, looks like all I can locate are ones for the V6.

[This message has been edited by Fiero84Freak (edited 09-17-2013).]

Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2013 02:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero84Freak:

Yeah, looks like all I can locate are ones for the V6.

Obviously the fuel pump is different, but what's the difference between a duke and V6 fuel sending unit?
kendallville

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2013 03:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kendallvilleSend a Private Message to kendallvilleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't remember the post but I read once that the one from the FS for the v6 could be adapted for the duke .
If I remember the wires are different. could use the search for old treads ( might get lucky and find it )
http://www.fierostore.com/P.../Detail.aspx?s=60912
states can be fitted to work

[This message has been edited by kendallville (edited 09-17-2013).]

larini74

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2013 10:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for larini74Click Here to visit larini74's HomePageSend a Private Message to larini74Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks, I found a company in New York state that will rebuild them for between $75 and $175; but that doesn't help me right now. I can't afford the $204 that the Fiero Store asks, and can't take the one out of my car to get repaired right now.

[This message has been edited by larini74 (edited 09-17-2013).]

Fiero84Freak

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2013 12:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero84FreakSend a Private Message to Fiero84FreakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:
Obviously the fuel pump is different, but what's the difference between a duke and V6 fuel sending unit?

If I have a shrug emoticon I'd put it here. Honestly I didn't even know that one listed specifically for the V6 existed. I thought that sending units period for Fieros were an issue as I have in the past held onto good ones, but having did a quick search I kept coming across V6 specific sending unit assemblies, including the aforementioned one from the Fiero Store above.
tesmith66

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 135
Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2013 08:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tesmith66Send a Private Message to tesmith66Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I bought an aftermarket 0-90 ohm unit from Summit racing and got creative.

Here's a thread:
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/A...130314-2-114616.html

------------------
1986 SE Aero coupe.

3.4 DOHC swap is complete and running, now just have to finish the rest of the car...

DLCLK87GT

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2013 09:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DLCLK87GTSend a Private Message to DLCLK87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
here's another thread on using an aftermarket sender.... https://www.fiero.nl/forum/A...090219-2-078597.html

And here's one on fixing yours. I did this to mine and it's dead on now, however next time i drop the tank i'd probably put in a new one just because. Enjoy. https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/092117.html

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock