Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Anyone know anything about this dash cover?

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Anyone know anything about this dash cover? by JohnWPB
Started on: 09-16-2013 02:39 AM
Replies: 22 (825 views)
Last post by: infinitewill on 11-29-2013 10:04 PM
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2013 02:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just browsing eBay tonight, and saw THIS DASH COVER for the first time. Does anyone know anything about it? It appears to be JC Whitney, so it is a WELL known car parts company. The photo is a generic dash cover, so no help there. My dash is pretty cracked, and am looking for something to cover it until I get a full fledged custom dash ready to go it it, but something that looks and fits decent at least.

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 09-16-2013).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
30+mpg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 97
Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2013 06:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 30+mpgSend a Private Message to 30+mpgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2013 07:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
sounds like it is the end caps only (to cover the broken piece by the vents).
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2013 09:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the link, but honestly it is not too much more help other than a real place to buy it, other than eBay.

It is hard to tell what it is, as there are no photo's of one for a Fiero, just a crappy stock image!

Looks like there are other people curious about it, as there are 7 people watching it on eBay.

jaskispyder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2013 10:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JohnWPB:

Thanks for the link, but honestly it is not too much more help other than a real place to buy it, other than eBay.

It is hard to tell what it is, as there are no photo's of one for a Fiero, just a crappy stock image!

Looks like there are other people curious about it, as there are 7 people watching it on eBay.

The link had a description and it said "end caps".... maybe that is why they gave this link??

Also, from the ebay auction: "Accu Form Dash Cover -- DASH KIT -- Dash End Cap"

[This message has been edited by jaskispyder (edited 09-16-2013).]

JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2013 10:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jaskispyder:

The link had a description and it said "end caps".... maybe that is why they gave this link??

Also, from the ebay auction: "Accu Form Dash Cover -- DASH KIT -- Dash End Cap"

The link above doesn't mention "end cap" anywhere I see, just "cap" which could be different things.

Material:  Plastic
Type:  Cap
Quantity Sold:  Kit
mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2013 10:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The link above doesn't mention "end cap" anywhere I see, just "cap" which could be different things.

Material:  Plastic
Type:  Cap
Quantity Sold:  Kit

Click on the description tab, it says

DASH KIT -- Dash End Cap
PART#: P400721 MFR#: 13-01

The ebay description also says end cap

NEW ACCU FORM KIT DASH COVER PONTIAC FIERO 88 87 86 85 84 1988 1987 13-01

Description / Notes:P400721
"Accu Form Dash Cover -- DASH KIT -- Dash End Cap"
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2013 10:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well that just six then... With the description of dash cover, and the generic photo, I was hoping for more than just end caps.

Thanks guys for pointing out the obvious that I just totally missed.
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2013 01:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

JohnWPB

5182 posts
Member since May 2009
Ok, I just called Parts Train, and they could not give me any further information. He did say that "caps" is the term they use for the entire shell that goes over an existing dash. At their recommendation, I then placed a call to the manufacturer and talked to a woman named Dee. She was not familiar with the part, and was going to research it, and email me back what-ever information that she can come up with.

Here is a "dash cap" for a Pontiac Lemans for instance.

For the Fiero, It could still be just the "caps" as we call them, but no one seems to know where they sell them or where they manufacture them

jaskispyder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2013 01:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would be skeptical, as they say "end caps"....probably the same ones the Fiero Store sells.
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2013 01:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jaskispyder:

I would be skeptical, as they say "end caps"....probably the same ones the Fiero Store sells.

I tend to agree, but at a list price of $107 that would be insane for just 2 pieces of 6" rectangular plastic!
PFF
System Bot
jaskispyder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2013 01:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I tend to agree, but at a list price of $107 that would be insane for just 2 pieces of 6" rectangular plastic!

Yes, it would

rogergarrison

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2013 03:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ask them to email you a photo of the actual part. I got one of the formed plastic covers for my Mercedes dash. It covered the whole dash and looks just like a stock one, fit like a glove, and was very happy with the result. It was only $69 from a Mercedes aftermarket parts supplier. This was called a dash 'cap' too...it covered the whole dash from end to end and windshield down to the wood trim on the front. They do offer you a zero restocking fee, and pay for return shipping. so you cant go wrong. Pay with a credit card so you can dispute it...just in case.

[This message has been edited by rogergarrison (edited 09-16-2013).]

mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-27-2013 07:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fierostore just posted this pic on facebook, so it looks like someone is making a full cover for Fiero dash.

[This message has been edited by mrfred8 (edited 11-27-2013).]

JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-27-2013 11:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very cool Jeff, thanks for posting that. I just hope they keep the price within reason. as rogergarrison said above, If it was $69 for the Mercedes dash cap for his car. That being the case, the Fiero's normal pricing structure would put theirs at......Hmmmm $179 is my guess.
fierogtlt1

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2013 12:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtlt1Send a Private Message to fierogtlt1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If someone was to make new dashes;how much do you think they would go for ? $300?
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2013 12:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierogtlt1:

If someone was to make new dashes;how much do you think they would go for ? $300?

A whole new dash? Probably at least $1000, I stress the at least part.

weloveour86se

Feedback score:    (115)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 75
Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2013 08:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for weloveour86seSend a Private Message to weloveour86seEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
$107 for these??

Well then they are definitely FOR SALE!
fierogtlt1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2013 09:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtlt1Send a Private Message to fierogtlt1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thanks John for the input.....Maybe the next project after the Center Console Skeleton and is almost ready to go to "The Mall" section.

JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2013 02:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierogtlt1:

Thanks John for the input.....Maybe the next project after the Center Console Skeleton and is almost ready to go to "The Mall" section.

Just FYI, when I said that, I meant to duplicate the stock Fiero dash as a drop in replacement. Something that would take an industrial vacuum press to accomplish the way that it is manufactured.

fierogtlt1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2013 12:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtlt1Send a Private Message to fierogtlt1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Just FYI, when I said that, I meant to duplicate the stock Fiero dash as a drop in replacement. Something that would take an industrial vacuum press to accomplish the way that it is manufactured.

Yeah....I know what you meant.

PFF
System Bot
dobey

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post11-29-2013 04:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amida's drop-in replacement, while not a stock replica, is quite a bit more than that. And certain options will push that price even higher.
infinitewill

Feedback score:    (55)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2013 10:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
JP contact JimmyS. He was quoted $700 to rebuild/recover a Fiero dash as new. This is done from a new mold from dashrebuilders.com or some such name (I don't recall the exact web site name)

Will

------------------
Is your Fastback GT's trunk seal shot? My Gen IV replacement GT trunk seals with miter double bonded corners are now in production. $95 + $15 flat rate shipping to the US (contact me for international shipping rates) or buy two and pay only a single shipping rate! More info can be found here GT Trunk Seal Project

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock