Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  86 fiero headlight side to side interchangeable?

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
86 fiero headlight side to side interchangeable? by northstar
Started on: 09-14-2013 12:27 PM
Replies: 4 (264 views)
Last post by: northstar on 09-15-2013 02:01 PM
northstar

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-14-2013 12:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for northstarSend a Private Message to northstarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have 2 passenger side headlight motors..my drivers went bad, can I make a passenger work on the drivers?? thanks goin craaaazzzyyy here>>>>>>>>>>thanks c-note
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Fiero84Freak

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2013 03:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero84FreakSend a Private Message to Fiero84FreakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
They are side-specific.

Just rebuilt it. Cheap & easy to do.
northstar

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-14-2013 07:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for northstarSend a Private Message to northstarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Will parts fom the left side fit on the drivers side..like just the actual armature and motor shaft? Can I use the guts of one motor to fix another whether or not they are the same side or opposite. .I have 2 good passenger side headlith motors...can I take them apart and use what's insude to fix my drivers side motor..these are all from an 86 se...thanks

[This message has been edited by northstar (edited 09-14-2013).]

fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2013 11:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes, you can make it fit on the other side. Take the shaft and large gear out of the right side motor. In one case half, there's a round plug that sits at the back end of the shaft. Knock it out and press it into the opposite case half. Using the shaft from the shaft and gear from the drivers side, insert it into the motor. You will need to take the large winding out of the case and rotate it 180 degrees so the motor doesn't run backwards.

If by 'going bad' you mean that the gear stripped, then this won't be the solution. You will need to replace the gear. If the gears in the right side motors are good you can remove them and install them on the left side motor shaft.

PM sent.
northstar

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-15-2013 02:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for northstarSend a Private Message to northstarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ok that answeres my question ill give it a try thanks

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock