Is it Official? by RESNAW
Started on: 09-08-2013 09:17 PM
Replies: 31 (858 views)
Last post by: Francis T on 09-11-2013 11:04 PM
RESNAW

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2013 09:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RESNAWSend a Private Message to RESNAWEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So I have a serious question: Does buying Fieros become a serious addiction? I just bought my second fiero today, and I have yet to ever drive one. But apparently, I can't help myself but to buy them. They are both black 1985 GT's. With the two, I will make 1 whole and have a spare. I saw the second one for sale today for 350$, and was buying it before I even realized I really made a conscious decision. Am I officially addicted to buying Fieros without ever having even driven one?

[This message has been edited by RESNAW (edited 09-08-2013).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
VikingRedBaron

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2013 09:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VikingRedBaronSend a Private Message to VikingRedBaronEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yup, just wait until you drive one
johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2013 09:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Get Dr. Phil's number and put it on speed dial!
RESNAW

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2013 09:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RESNAWSend a Private Message to RESNAWEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Haha Dr. Phil can stay out of this unless he wants to swap the roofs for me. I have always wanted to have a Fiero ever since I was a teenager, but spent most of my late teens and twenties running around Asia in the various cameos of the US Army of the 2000's. Not alot of Fieros in Iraq, Afghanistan or Korea. Now that I am permanently stateside, it has begun. Unfortunately, owning 10, 20 even 50 cars does not seem like a realistic number for me. There are just too many out there that I cannot NOT own. Too bad I live in an apartment.
jaredmurray88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2013 09:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaredmurray88Send a Private Message to jaredmurray88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
When you keep you account numbers and such in your wallet let us know... Also if you remember you plate number for that car only even though you havent driven it in two years...
Wichita

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2013 10:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The first one I bought overheated on the way home.

I'm currently on number 6 Fiero I've owned. So yes it is an addiction.
sgosser

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2013 10:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sgosserSend a Private Message to sgosserEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
my problem is gonna be bad. I have three step daughters and they all want one after riding in mine.
CoolBlue87GT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 151
Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2013 10:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Wichita:

OMG ! I'm up to 6 also !! RESNAW, welcome to the maddness !!

1) 84 Sport Coupe, 2) 85 SE, 3) 87 GT, 4) 87 Coupe, 5) 88 Formula, 6) 88 Formula TDI

[This message has been edited by CoolBlue87GT (edited 09-08-2013).]

hercimer01

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2013 01:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hercimer01Send a Private Message to hercimer01Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Wichita:

The first one I bought overheated on the way home.

This isn't funny, I've seriously considered starting an anonymous 12 step program due to these cars.

Hello, My name is Allen and I'm a Fiero addict.
I call in sick to work so I can work on my cars that I cant afford because I can't help myself. The only reason I got to work is to support my habit. I can't help my self. It's a vicious cycle! I could lose my house.

------------------

Project Genisis Lo Budget 3800SC swap

88 Coupe under construction

no2pencil

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2013 08:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for no2pencilSend a Private Message to no2pencilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Since 1995, I've only bought a 2nd one for spare parts, which was stripped & sold within 2 months. Don't want any more projects than the one that I already have. But that's just me.
TopNotch

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2013 10:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TopNotchClick Here to visit TopNotch's HomePageSend a Private Message to TopNotchEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have three at home, and one here at work. But in all fairness, one of the ones at home belongs to the Georgia Fiero Club. I'm just letting it park at my house.
PFF
System Bot
TheDigitalAlchemist

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2013 10:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Are you addicted? quite possibly. but remember:

THERE'S NOTHING WRONG WITH BEING ADDICTED TO FIEROS!
n7vrz

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2013 01:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for n7vrzSend a Private Message to n7vrzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Two at present and one in the late 1980's.
Current: '88 GT, White, 2.8L, 5 spd , '88 Formula, Red, 3.4L DOHC, 5 spd
Past: not really sure about year but I think it was and '85 notchy. Had the really high HP Iron Duke and a 4 speed. Gobs of HP and TONS of torque. Got about 50mpg too.
(What's that nurse? Time to take my meds? Okay.)
Gotta go.
Did I mention that it could turn 10,000 rpm?
Scottzilla79

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2013 02:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Scottzilla79Send a Private Message to Scottzilla79Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by hercimer01:

This isn't funny, I've seriously considered starting an anonymous 12 step program due to these cars.

Hello, My name is Allen and I'm a Fiero addict.
I call in sick to work so I can work on my cars that I cant afford because I can't help myself. The only reason I got to work is to support my habit. I can't help my self. It's a vicious cycle! I could lose my house.

Not sure if serious because I have called in sick to work on the car because some parts came the evening before.
XThirtySeven

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2013 03:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for XThirtySevenSend a Private Message to XThirtySevenEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I bought two in the last month. yeah its an addiction. i was on craigslist 15 minutes ago sending an email looking for another one

EDIT: GIGGITY POST #69

[This message has been edited by XThirtySeven (edited 09-09-2013).]

fierogtlt1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2013 03:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtlt1Send a Private Message to fierogtlt1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Had to sell my 87' GT 2 years ago for medical problems "bills".Bought another GT in March 2013,now I am looking to buy another.
RESNAW

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2013 04:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RESNAWSend a Private Message to RESNAWEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TheDigitalAlchemist:

Are you addicted? quite possibly. but remember:

THERE'S NOTHING WRONG WITH BEING ADDICTED TO FIEROS!

That about sums it up. Thanks for the welcome , all!
hercimer01

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2013 04:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hercimer01Send a Private Message to hercimer01Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Scottzilla79:

Not sure if serious because I have called in sick to work on the car because some parts came the evening before.

Thats what Im talkin about! Mee Too!
Niterrorz

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2013 05:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NiterrorzSend a Private Message to NiterrorzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
yup im on number 5, 85 se, 84, 86 gt manaul, 86 gt auto, 88 formula. i dont have the auto or the se anymore. i need to be in that 12 step program :/
Dburger

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-09-2013 05:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DburgerSend a Private Message to DburgerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I made an attempt to get into them, but now I'm not so sure if I should
RESNAW

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2013 11:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RESNAWSend a Private Message to RESNAWEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dburger:

I made an attempt to get into them, but now I'm not so sure if I should

Why?

PFF
System Bot
Dburger

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-11-2013 11:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DburgerSend a Private Message to DburgerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RESNAW:

Why?

Mainly the O/T section on this forum (I have different political views than most of the forum members), and partly because we already have a TR6 as our sports car

[This message has been edited by Dburger (edited 09-11-2013).]

mrfred8

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2013 12:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Mainly the O/T section on this forum (I have different political views than most of the forum members), and partly because we already have a TR6 as our sports car

Just stay away from the off-topic section. I have been to quite a few Fiero events in the last two years and met a lot of great people that I look forward to seeing at future events. Many of those people probably do not share my political views, but that stuff never really comes up when we are hanging out talking Fieros. Come on up the Frazee MN next year and you will be hooked on Fieros (or at least the Fiero community).

mattwa

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2013 01:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yea, I never go into O/T, and really it doesn't matter, because when I go to any Fiero show that I have been too so far, obviously the main focus of discussion is Fiero's!
92wastheyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2013 01:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 92wastheyearSend a Private Message to 92wastheyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
In the words of the immortal Alice Cooper: "Welcome to my nightmare.....I think you're gonna like it"
Dburger

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-11-2013 01:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DburgerSend a Private Message to DburgerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mrfred8:

Just stay away from the off-topic section. I have been to quite a few Fiero events in the last two years and met a lot of great people that I look forward to seeing at future events. Many of those people probably do not share my political views, but that stuff never really comes up when we are hanging out talking Fieros. Come on up the Frazee MN next year and you will be hooked on Fieros (or at least the Fiero community).

I still plan on making Frazee, but if I don't have a Fiero by then I'll still plan on driving the 6 up.

@mattwa: That's what I'm gonna do now. Glad to hear that the Fiero events are good fun.

racingfortheson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2013 02:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for racingforthesonSend a Private Message to racingforthesonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hello, My name is TJ and I have only had a Fiero for 4 weeks and I am HOOKED! It has taken all my free time. I work for a week then home for a week and last days off I spent over 60hrs messing with the car. This could be a bad thing, but it feels so right. lol
no2pencil

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2013 03:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for no2pencilSend a Private Message to no2pencilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I don't come here for conversation. Maybe I've made like 10 or so posts in that topic. Screw politics, religion, & all of that off-topic stuff. I'm here for the car.
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2013 05:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've owed 10 since 2008
Dburger

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-11-2013 05:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DburgerSend a Private Message to DburgerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by no2pencil:

I don't come here for conversation. Maybe I've made like 10 or so posts in that topic. Screw politics, religion, & all of that off-topic stuff. I'm here for the car.

I wish there was a way you could hide certain forums/threads
TheRealShadowX

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 73
Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2013 09:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheRealShadowXSend a Private Message to TheRealShadowXEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I wish there was a way you could hide certain forums/threads

It's called "not looking at them."

I'm at odds with many members here, just look at my ratings, but overall just stay out of certain threads.

------------------

[This message has been edited by TheRealShadowX (edited 09-11-2013).]

PFF
System Bot
Francis T

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2013 11:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Francis TClick Here to visit Francis T's HomePageSend a Private Message to Francis TEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Buying any cool looking old car can become a habit, like gambling, whereas they have much in common.
How so? Well, for one thing, you're betting you can turn a low buck investment into a size-able gain or least something you can tell your spouse it is.
Old cars are just that, OLD and with such comes all kinds of lil and major problems. If you're rich, no problem if not; best be ready to grab a wrench now and then.
Also if you don't have another ride, or don't need reliable transportation, forget about old cars.
I have to admit they can be fun.

------------------
http://i16.photobucket.com/...ancis44/100_1147.jpg
[/URL]
[IMG]http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b50/francis4
4/000_0451-1.jpg[/IMG]
trueleo.com
RSpiderII@aol.com

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to: