Old van by Odin
Started on: 09-08-2013 06:17 PM
Replies: 7 (288 views)
Last post by: pontiackid86 on 09-09-2013 10:59 PM
Odin

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2013 06:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OdinSend a Private Message to OdinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have an old 1999 chevy venture van, 3400 with a 4t65E. Body is rotted but it still has a good motor and tranny in it. I already own a modded L67 II Fiero. The van has 300000 KM or 186000 miles on it. The motor and tranny have both had tons of work done to them over the years, to the point of being almost rebuilt. The van shows no trouble codes. Need some opinions. Van has to go. Should I take the time to pull the powertrain out of it for use in a latter Fiero project? Maybe a 3400 turbo? Maybe completely overhaul the 3400? Is it worth the effort? Or do I let the scrap guys drive away with it on a flatbed.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2013 07:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ask your wife if she wont mind stubbing her toes on it for a couple of years then get back to me.
Odin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2013 09:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OdinSend a Private Message to OdinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No problems there. I'm single and live alone, with a decent sized garage.
Doober

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2013 12:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DooberSend a Private Message to DooberEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Uh... I think the question answered itself I mean... why did you even ask this question?? :P
Reallybig

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2013 01:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ReallybigSend a Private Message to ReallybigEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I own a 2002 pontiac montana and have always thought that the 3400 engine, trans combo would make a great powertrain for a fiero. Of course the later 3900 is much more powerful.
AusFiero

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2013 07:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AusFieroClick Here to visit AusFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to AusFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Single and garage space. Keep it.
Odin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2013 09:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OdinSend a Private Message to OdinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks guys, looks like I got some work to do. I was feeling guilty letting it just go anyway.
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2013 10:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
3400 turbo is a nasty little beast if done right... I had one.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock