new wheels and tires on my 88 by Swampthing
Started on: 09-07-2013 11:46 PM
Replies: 6 (534 views)
Last post by: Swampthing on 09-09-2013 10:23 AM
Swampthing

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2013 11:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SwampthingSend a Private Message to SwampthingEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey guys, I haven't been on here much lately, I have an update on my 88 that I wanted to share. Earlier this spring I bought a set of 88 gt wheels off another forum member. They were a little rough but I wanted to have matching wheels on the car and I wanted rid of the 14s altogether. Well I finally got them stripped and powder coated and ordered my new fallen ziex 912 tires and got them on the car, my lugs were all rusty as well so I ordered some black gorilla lugs too. The only thing I haven't done yet is the center caps, I have a little custom decal planned I just need to prime and paint them first and then have my buddy help me make a vinyl stencil for my decal. Anyways here is a before shot and a few progress pics along with the finished project

Once I finish paying for these tires I will be tackling the brakes and suspension next. I am very happy with how these wheels turned out I hope you guys like them too
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2013 11:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I like it!
msrservices

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2013 11:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for msrservicesClick Here to visit msrservices's HomePageSend a Private Message to msrservicesEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
They look really good.

Did you have a company strip and powder coat? About how much does that run?

Thanks.
fierogtlt1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2013 12:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtlt1Send a Private Message to fierogtlt1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It looks awesome.
Swampthing

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2013 06:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SwampthingSend a Private Message to SwampthingEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by msrservices:

They look really good.

Did you have a company strip and powder coat? About how much does that run?

Thanks.

I called several places when I first started this project in the spring, the prices I got varied quite a lot. The place I initially decided to use told me $100 if I brought them bare metal. I had three wheels stripped and I just didn't have time to finish it. When I called them to see if they would finish the last wheel and powder coat them they were really snotty with me. I called another company and he said he would finish stripping and coat for $200 he even met me here locally on his way through with my wheels.

Stripping them yourself is a major pain in the butt, the spokes make it very difficult get it all out.
BlackEmrald

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2013 06:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackEmraldSend a Private Message to BlackEmraldEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks Awesome

Lower it a touch and it will look mean.
Swampthing

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2013 10:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SwampthingSend a Private Message to SwampthingEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeah I was thinking gt springs and maybe the Rodney dickman lowering ball joints.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock