Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  1988 GT with only 221 miles at a dealership....

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
1988 GT with only 221 miles at a dealership.... by msrservices
Started on: 09-06-2013 02:47 AM
Replies: 20 (666 views)
Last post by: fierosound on 09-09-2013 12:18 PM
msrservices

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2013 02:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for msrservicesClick Here to visit msrservices's HomePageSend a Private Message to msrservicesEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It looks like it's been for sale for awhile.... at $40,000 I can see why....

http://www.hintonmotors.com...Lynden-WA/1361149743
(not affiliated with the dealership.)
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
NoMoreRicers

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2013 02:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NoMoreRicersSend a Private Message to NoMoreRicersEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's been for sale at that price for a couple years.
goatvenom

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2013 06:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for goatvenomSend a Private Message to goatvenomEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
when i come into money i will be making that my firsst stop on my way home from the lottery office. but i think it will be there for that price.

I really wish i could buy a brand new fiero

Ryan
pHoOl

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2013 06:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pHoOlClick Here to visit pHoOl's HomePageSend a Private Message to pHoOlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
$100,000 Fiero.... that'll be the day.

"with G.M. announcing that they are discontinuing the Pontiac line completely, destined to go up in value tremedously (some say to 6 digit figures in the next 10 years or less!)"
LZeitgeist

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 126
Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2013 07:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LZeitgeistSend a Private Message to LZeitgeistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I love Fieros, but if I had $40K to spend on a car, the LAST thing I'd do is buy a car that would need every single rubber item on it, from hoses to seals and all in between, replaced before I could drive it (and was the engine storage-prepped before it sat for 25 years?), not to mention it could could be replicated (and driven) for about $5K tops.

------------------
Patrick W. Heinske -- LZeitgeist@aol.com

1988 Fiero Formula - Automoda convertible
repainted PPG Ferrari 'Giallo Modena' yellow

BlackThunderGT

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2013 08:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackThunderGTSend a Private Message to BlackThunderGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just wish I had a dollar for every time this car has been posted!
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2013 08:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by LZeitgeist:

I love Fieros, but if I had $40K to spend on a car, the LAST thing I'd do is buy a car that would need every single rubber item on it, from hoses to seals and all in between, replaced before I could drive it (and was the engine storage-prepped before it sat for 25 years?), not to mention it could could be replicated (and driven) for about $5K tops.

No disrespect, but I am going to have disagree... Items will need to be inspected, but not everything will need to be replaced. I have had many old vehicles that have sat for a long time and there are minor issues, like valve cover leaks, but overall, the engine was solid, bushings were good, etc. As for replicating something with such low miles for $5K... it can't be done. There is just something about a car (stored inside, and keep clean) that has not be driven, the thing is CLEAN. You can't reproduce that without disassembling and replacing everything with new (most are unavailable) parts. I think people underestimate the cost of bringing a car back to "like new" condition.

As for the price of this vehicle... yup, too high, but someone will buy it.

Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post09-06-2013 10:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have met him before. He is a tool.
fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2013 10:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by msrservices:

It looks like it's been for sale for awhile.... at $40,000 I can see why....

That was $25,000 a few years back. Every time he relisted it, he added another $5000 'till he hit $40K
------------------
My World of Wheels Winners (Click on links below)

3.4L Supercharged 87 GT and Super Duty 4 Indy #163

[This message has been edited by fierosound (edited 09-06-2013).]

no2pencil

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2013 10:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for no2pencilSend a Private Message to no2pencilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
With a T15, my Fiero only has 221 miles too. & it's not been sitting for nearly as long. I'll offer it to you for half the price of this one.
Mickey_Moose

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 143
Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2013 10:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Mickey_MooseClick Here to visit Mickey_Moose's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mickey_MooseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierosound:

That was $25,000 a few years back. Every time he relisted it, he added another $5000 'till he hit $40K

+1
PFF
System Bot
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2013 11:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
that thing pops up all the time.. their never going to get that price.
msrservices

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2013 06:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for msrservicesClick Here to visit msrservices's HomePageSend a Private Message to msrservicesEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BlackThunderGT:

I just wish I had a dollar for every time this car has been posted!
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Maybe then you could buy this one...
92wastheyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2013 06:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 92wastheyearSend a Private Message to 92wastheyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I check the Portland CL almost daily....and that one shows up on there pretty much continuously
Formula88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2013 10:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by LZeitgeist:

Cars can be restored and rebuilt over and over, but they're original only once.

I see this more as a museum piece than one I'd buy to drive. I'd rather find a low mileage (under 20k miles) example and do any maintenance on it to put it in as-new condition. It would cost less and I could drive it without destroying the collectable value that only comes from being original and undriven.

jazz4cash

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2013 10:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jazz4cashSend a Private Message to jazz4cashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What amazes me is they never update the photos. The same pictures have been used over and over. The knotty pine paneling in the dealer showroom looks like it is from the 60's
solotwo

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2013 11:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is there something in the water out there? Or do they grow their own weed and smoke it?
solotwo

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2013 11:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

solotwo

5374 posts
Member since Jun 2002
Thats the same pictures they used years ago.
92wastheyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2013 11:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 92wastheyearSend a Private Message to 92wastheyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by solotwo:

Is there something in the water out there? Or do they grow their own weed and smoke it?

Yes and yes

retroman

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2013 03:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for retromanSend a Private Message to retromanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's a shame that they have the price set so high. Of course, I would feel guilty for just sitting in it, let alone drive it so this car is most likely not for me. Anyway, don't mean to hijack the thread, but maybe you'd like to read about this '69 Corvair. Not only does it still have the plastic on it and all the original documentation, but it also still has the rubber marbles stuck in the treads from when it rolled off the assembly line. http://www.carscoops.com/20...let-corvair-500.html
fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2013 12:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tony Kania:

I have met him before. He is a tool.

Well, obviously he's also the type who thinks that when a car doesn't sell - it's because he's not asking enough !

[This message has been edited by fierosound (edited 09-09-2013).]

PFF
System Bot

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock