Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  How to say goodbye. Need to sell my fiero but I don't really want to.

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
How to say goodbye. Need to sell my fiero but I don't really want to. by Jimmy2s83
Started on: 09-04-2013 10:29 AM
Replies: 4 (342 views)
Last post by: zmcdonal on 09-04-2013 08:00 PM
Jimmy2s83

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2013 10:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jimmy2s83Send a Private Message to Jimmy2s83Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just bought another fiero and really no need for a 2nd fiero. But the other is my first fiero.
Anyone else ever have that feeling that you already know you will regret selling a car before its even sold?
I have had one guy come out and look at it.
He and his wife were mainly looking for a nice fiero regardless of engine. Mine is a supercharged 3800 so he was comparing prices to stock 2.8 fieros and wanting me to come WAY down on price. Told him a bulk of the value was the swap as well as the interior being very nice. Dash has no cracks. My new one, 87 with 3.4 DOHC, has some small cracks in the dash and seats are tore up. 85 has nice unripped seats.
So that first offer was very easy to say no to.
Anywho thats my rant. Need to sell to recoup the cost of the 87 but I just so not ready to let it go.

Oh and why I want to keep the 87 more than the 85 is that the 87 is a 5 speed and the better looking bumpers IMO. The 85 is a auto (4spd 4t60e). Its fast and enjoyable but the high revving 3.4 is so much fun. Not to mention the engine only has 10k on it. Was a crate GM engine.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
zmcdonal

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2013 11:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for zmcdonalSend a Private Message to zmcdonalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
From the sound of it, I am guessing you are the new owner of the car Ryan from Sinister Performance was selling up in Ft Wayne?
92wastheyear

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2013 01:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 92wastheyearSend a Private Message to 92wastheyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Anyone else ever have that feeling that you already know you will regret selling a car before its even sold?

Oh yeah...when I sold my 66 Mustang about twenty-five years ago
Jimmy2s83

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2013 04:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jimmy2s83Send a Private Message to Jimmy2s83Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by zmcdonal:

From the sound of it, I am guessing you are the new owner of the car Ryan from Sinister Performance was selling up in Ft Wayne?

Yes,

Enjoying it very much as well! I had no intentions of getting another fiero until I saw his ad not too far from me. Now I feel like if I don't sell the 85 it will not get the attention it should. Plus I can't store a car and plan on painting the 87 this winter. The 85 was going to get a fresh coat but no longer since the 87 came home.

I actually have my very first car which I bought at 15. 1982 Camaro. Its going to be a long term project. It will be a LSx T56 combo. That one is on the back burner in the other room. LOL. Before Fieros I was a Third Gen Camaro/Firebird nut. Always had a desire for a fiero with a L67. The LQ1 turned out to be a blast to drive with a Getrag 5 speed.

zmcdonal

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2013 08:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zmcdonalSend a Private Message to zmcdonalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very cool. Enjoy it. Looked like a heck of a deal. I had actually tossed around the idea of buying it to swap the cradle into an 86 GT that I've had as a project car for some time, and put my GT's 190,000 mile power plant into that 87 and resell it.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock