Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Question about the screws that attach the front fascia...

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Question about the screws that attach the front fascia... by tesmith66
Started on: 09-04-2013 08:23 AM
Replies: 11 (221 views)
Last post by: tesmith66 on 09-05-2013 08:05 AM
tesmith66

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 135
Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2013 08:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tesmith66Send a Private Message to tesmith66Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I can only find 2 of the torx button head screws. Do those go in the middle two holes? Do the outside holes take the standard fender bolt? Anybody have a pic?

Even with all of the hardware bagged up, It's hard to remember after a couple of years.

Thanks!

------------------
1986 SE Aero coupe.

3.4 DOHC swap is complete and running, now just have to finish the rest of the car...

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2013 09:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The torx head screws go across the front of the spaceframe and attach the upper fascia mount to the spaceframe. The screws at the very ends are 7mm hex head. The facsia is attached to the upper mount with large washer 7mm hex head screws.
tesmith66

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2013 12:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tesmith66Send a Private Message to tesmith66Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Torx all the way across, or just the 2 middle ones? I only found 2 in my bag of bolts from when I disassembled it.
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post09-04-2013 12:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tesmith66:

Torx all the way across, or just the 2 middle ones? I only found 2 in my bag of bolts from when I disassembled it.

I just looked...

The two end ones are torx, and six 7mm bolts across the middle. The torx also keep the top front of the fender on.
tesmith66

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2013 12:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tesmith66Send a Private Message to tesmith66Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for looking, but that sounds like the little ones that hold the urethane piece to the strip. I'm looking for the larger ones that hold the strip (with the bumpers on the ends) to the front of the space frame.
Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-04-2013 01:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I will take a pic...
Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-04-2013 01:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Tony Kania

20794 posts
Member since Dec 2008

This probably don't help. I am confused.

[This message has been edited by Tony Kania (edited 09-04-2013).]

tesmith66

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2013 01:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tesmith66Send a Private Message to tesmith66Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks! It appears that the screws I need are the large torx button head ones. For some reason, the bag of screws I had from removing the fascia 2 years ago only has 2 of those in it. I put them in the 2 center holes (in front of the radiator) because it looks like the hood could come in contact with them when opened.

Gonna have to dig through my parts buckets some more...
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2013 02:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
All across the front - six of them......
tesmith66

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2013 02:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tesmith66Send a Private Message to tesmith66Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
OK, so where did the other 4 go ?
EvilSqueezles

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2013 07:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for EvilSqueezlesSend a Private Message to EvilSqueezlesEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
In an surprising turn of events you 've helped me. My car has hex head bolts all the way across. I was kinda wondering about them since the tip of the hood hit them and tore a chunk of fiberglass out. Of course I didnt know why, it looked like someone had tried to pry up with a screwdriver in that spot. Once I fixed the spot and replaced the hood, I opened it only to have my fix just get ripped out again. Looks like a trip to the Junkyard for the proper screw to me.... thanks!

------------------
~James

87 GT (Under Construction)

Madarch Widebody, Kahines tail, 3800SCII.... gonna be fun making threads on those!

PFF
System Bot
tesmith66

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2013 08:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tesmith66Send a Private Message to tesmith66Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Altona, IL? I live about 20 miles from Alton, IL. Where's Altona?

Glad we could help. I put the two torx bolts I could find in the middle and hex bolts in the other holes and there is no interference with the hood.

------------------
1986 SE Aero coupe.

3.4 DOHC swap is complete and running, now just have to finish the rest of the car...

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock