front hood by jim94
Started on: 09-04-2013 01:36 AM
Replies: 12 (331 views)
Last post by: hyperv6 on 09-04-2013 06:20 PM
jim94

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2013 01:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jim94Send a Private Message to jim94Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How many peoples center of there hood sags
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2013 01:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jim94:

How many peoples center of there hood sags

Never seen it
sco77

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2013 05:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sco77Send a Private Message to sco77Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Maybe your fiberglass is cracked? I've seen people improperly shut a fiero front hood (by dropping it down).

------------------
86 Fiero GT 4spd - L67 swap: VS cam, GenV Build Progress
98 GTP - Some mods

jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2013 07:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sco77:

Maybe your fiberglass is cracked? I've seen people improperly shut a fiero front hood (by dropping it down).

never had an issue with dropping the hood (from 1 foot or so).

infinitewill

Feedback score:    (55)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2013 08:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have seen it on several Fieros, including one of mine. The previous owner of my '87 GT replaced the hood with one that had clearly been stored on a flat surface. The "curve" of the hood had flattened out leaving the bumper edge and windscreen edge higher than the middle. If I had adjusted the hood so the bumper edge was flush the center was "sunken". I know of no way to easily fix it so I simply replaced the hood.

Dr. W.

------------------
Is your Fastback GT's trunk seal shot? My Gen IV replacement GT trunk seals with miter double bonded corners are now in production. $95 + $15 flat rate shipping to the US (contact me for international shipping rates) or buy two and pay only a single shipping rate! More info can be found here GT Trunk Seal Project

[This message has been edited by infinitewill (edited 09-04-2013).]

tesmith66

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 135
Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2013 08:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tesmith66Send a Private Message to tesmith66Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Been dropping Fiero hoods for 18+ years without a single problem. My guess is it was "stored" with a bunch of junk piled on top of it.
infinitewill

Feedback score:    (55)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2013 08:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tesmith66:

Been dropping Fiero hoods for 18+ years without a single problem. My guess is it was "stored" with a bunch of junk piled on top of it.

+1
jaskispyder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2013 08:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
yup, store hoods and decklids in the vertical position
jim94

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2013 12:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jim94Send a Private Message to jim94Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm sorry I should have said that my hood along the side along the fenders is lower. So much lower that the fender bolts where touching. The hood does have rubbers for the top and bottom bolts but nothing TN the middle of the hood. I have big rubber donuts that fit over the center bolt, I closed the hood and it looked better.
jaskispyder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2013 01:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Did you align the hood? you can raise the front of the hood with the hinge mounts.

Also, if the front of the hood is "off" next to the front bumper, you can move the front fasica up and down (as needed?) to align with the hood....if the hood is not warped.

[This message has been edited by jaskispyder (edited 09-04-2013).]

jim94

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2013 04:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jim94Send a Private Message to jim94Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Front and top line up even with the fenders . It has never been removed that I know. So after thinking what can I use to support the center that is rubber,i have Italian foot pegs on my motorcycle that have round rubber inserts on them so I used my spare rubbers to support the center of the hood. Fits perfect from the fender lip to the bottom of the hood that is with the hood closed. I really need to learn how to post pictures.I live in FL and it can get 100 degrees in my garage with the fan on too
PFF
System Bot
tesmith66

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 135
Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2013 06:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tesmith66Send a Private Message to tesmith66Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It gets to 100 in my barn regularly (like every day last week). Have had Fieros in there for 12+ years with no trouble from the heat.
hyperv6

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2013 06:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tesmith66:

I have dropped them for almost 30 years and never an issue. It is the best way to close it.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock