Is this a good deal? by Dflint
Started on: 09-03-2013 07:46 PM
Replies: 9 (253 views)
Last post by: EvilSqueezles on 09-04-2013 11:33 PM
Dflint

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2013 07:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DflintSend a Private Message to DflintEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
http://rochester.craigslist.../cto/4015249349.html

let me know what you guys think

------------------
Dflint...85 SE

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
psychosurfer

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2013 07:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for psychosurferSend a Private Message to psychosurferEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks like a fair price if the car is as nice as it looks in pics... Tough for us long time Fiero folks to admit, but these cars are commanding higher and higher prices...
mrfred8

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2013 08:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeah, that seems like a decent deal. http://www.paulvargyas.com/Price%20Guide.htm

------------------
--Jeff aka mrfred8
- 88 Yellow GT
- 86 Silver SE (3800 in progress)
Fieros For Sale

Fiero Thomas

Feedback score:    (170)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 125
Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2013 08:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ThomasSend a Private Message to Fiero ThomasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That is a good price with low miles. The horn buttons are missing.

------------------
1986 Fiero GT
1992 Bonneville SSEI 2000 Grand Prix GT

FieroNews

Dflint

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2013 08:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DflintSend a Private Message to DflintEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good eye! ill use that . i only have 2500 dollars so thats my highest but he also has an 87 too that is crash but runs and drives
Dflint

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2013 09:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DflintSend a Private Message to DflintEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Dflint

313 posts
Member since Jul 2008
What would you guys pay for it?
seajai

Feedback score:    (42)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 52
Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2013 10:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for seajaiSend a Private Message to seajaiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'd spend the money on an 88 v.s. a crashed 87. The 88's have the better suspension and brakes and would be worth the extra dough. I paid $3700 for my 88GT last year, and that was for a car with 128k on it. I think $3200 for a 36k mile Formula is a fair price, if it's ever been driven in the winter you would want to check it for rust.
Dflint

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2013 10:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DflintSend a Private Message to DflintEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Remind me of everything i need to look at when buying so i dont forget
katatak

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2013 09:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I bought a Formula a few years back that had 64k on the clock - piad 4k for it! Depending on a visual inspection, I'd that for a car with under 40k on it. If I were closer, I'd own that car!
EvilSqueezles

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2013 11:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for EvilSqueezlesSend a Private Message to EvilSqueezlesEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Personally when I look at these older cars, and knowing all the scammers around today. I inspect the 4 torx screws that holds the dash bezel in. Technically my cars body has 128k on it. But the odometer only reads 41k because when my speedo broke I removed one from a junkyard that had feed miles on it. And make sure to see if the title/Carfax has any mileage noted on it. Otherwise, typical rust in trunk, condition of bushings, idle speed. Doesn't hurt to look over the trans cooler lines that run by the coolant tube on the bottom driver side and see how rusty (if at all) they look. I really inspect things to an almost nit picky point when purchasing anything tho unless I go into it knowing what it is and expect problems like I did with my 87 restore..

------------------
~James

87 GT (Under Construction)

Madarch Widebody, Kahines tail, 3800SCII.... gonna be fun making threads on those!

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock