Canadian Convertible kits?? by 85red2m6
Started on: 09-02-2013 08:10 PM
Replies: 10 (1124 views)
Last post by: 85red2m6 on 09-10-2013 02:31 PM
85red2m6

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2013 08:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85red2m6Send a Private Message to 85red2m6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey fellow Fiero fans,
I recently bought a topless Fiero project car from New Brunswick Canada, and now that I have it home, I'm trying to track down information on the kit or the company/people/person that made it...
I know of at least 3 other cars in eastern Canada that were built from the same kit (modified door/quarters, solid rollbar, fibreglass boot, and snap down top) just from pics online, but am trying to track down owners or people who may have information on the cars or the kit itself...
like I say, the car is a full-on project, needs a lot of work, but kinda key is the missing top parts, and repairing the parts of the fibreglass quarter overlays that were cut with a grinder somewhere's along the way...

so I'm posting pics of my car and the 3 other cars I've seen online in hopes that someone will recognize them and be able to give me info or help point me in the right direction... Ideally, I'd like to track down the original mfgr and see if there are any spare or leftover parts hanging around, but any info is a help...

------------------
1986 Fiero SE 2.8 Auto - Blackie
1985 Fiero GT 2.8 4-spd - Goldie II - To be driveable this season
1985 Fiero GT Convertible - 3.8SC 4-spd - long term project
1987 Cavalier Z24 2.8 5-spd - daily driver - 300k miles and still goin
1993 Bonneville SSEi - 3800SC parts/wiring donor for 85 Vert

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
85red2m6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2013 08:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85red2m6Send a Private Message to 85red2m6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
here's my car:

------------------

85red2m6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2013 08:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85red2m6Send a Private Message to 85red2m6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

85red2m6

117 posts
Member since May 2011
and here's pics of the other 3 cars...

this one was for sale on Kijiji for a long time, but it was still in New Brunswick, and just too far out of my price range, and now it's gone...

this one I have been told is still in NB, but I have no other info on it...

and these pics were apparently taken at the 25th, and the car may be in Ontario or possibly Quebec...

like I say, any info that helps me track down cars, owners, or mfgr would be truely appreciated...

------------------

Oneredfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2013 08:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OneredfieroClick Here to visit Oneredfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to OneredfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have no help full information. Looks like a good project.

------------------

fierogt28

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2013 10:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogt28Send a Private Message to fierogt28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 85red2m6:

and here's pics of the other 3 cars...

this one was for sale on Kijiji for a long time, but it was still in New Brunswick, and just too far out of my price range, and now it's gone...

this one I have been told is still in NB, but I have no other info on it...

and these pics were apparently taken at the 25th, and the car may be in Ontario or possibly Quebec...

like I say, any info that helps me track down cars, owners, or mfgr would be truely appreciated...

If my mind serves me correct, your black convertible with gold rims was for sale back in 1998-99 in Moncton, NB.
The ad was in Autoseller at the time.

The white car was for sale in the Bathurst, NB area. (about 1-2 years ago)

The light blue fiero was also from the Bathurst "Belledune" area too. I think its still for sale.

The red convertible is from Sherbrooke, QC. I believe an older couple own this car. I've never seen it in person,
but its has been on the fieromontreal web site for years. (that was back in 2002 IIRC)

Nice to see many "home-made" fiero convertibles all in one thread !!!
85red2m6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2013 11:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85red2m6Send a Private Message to 85red2m6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the info... that's the closest I've come to finding any of these cars... the white car I knew about... the friend I bought the black one from knew a previous owner, and I actually saw it on Kijiji over the last year and a half that I've been trying to go get the black one... but I wasn't sure if it sold this spring when it was pulled off kijiji as to whether it had new owners or not...

as for the cars being home-made, I'm pretty sure they are all built from the same kit, because the modified body panels are all the same, along with the fibreglass boot and the shape of the rollbar... and other than mine, they all have the same extra skirting and everything...

do you have any contact info for the couple in Sherbrooke? or some way to get hold of them? not that I can even go in person to look at what I need, but maybe they have info on where the modification was done or who built the parts...

------------------

canfirst

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2013 12:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for canfirstSend a Private Message to canfirstEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That is an awesome looking Fiero convertible kit!
Good luck with your searches and keep us informed on your progress.
Unfortunately I don't have any info for you or have ever seen one in the Winnipeg area.
I wish you the Best of Success on finding out who or where the kits were made!
FieroMontreal

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2013 06:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMontrealSend a Private Message to FieroMontrealEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Did you see my response in regards to the red one in the other topic you posted.. I think it was the registry topic
tesmith66

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 135
Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2013 08:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tesmith66Send a Private Message to tesmith66Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I like the way the rear of the door panel is gracefully sloped up to meet the decklid line. I also like the fact that the top doesn't have some silly flaps on it to recreate the missing sail panel profile. All the other tops out there did that and it looks awful. The "sailless" profile makes the tail longer and gives it a more appropriate mid engine 2 seater (Italianesque) look.

------------------
1986 SE Aero coupe.

3.4 DOHC swap is complete and running, now just have to finish the rest of the car...

85red2m6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2013 02:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85red2m6Send a Private Message to 85red2m6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
FieroMontreal,
yes, I did, thank you... I did find it on the club site, and the pics are great... do you happen to have a way to get hold of them, or to have them contact me? I found the forum side of the club site, but I don't know enough French to sign up and/or to be able to manouver the Forum or try to have a conversation, lol...

------------------

85red2m6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2013 02:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85red2m6Send a Private Message to 85red2m6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

85red2m6

117 posts
Member since May 2011
tesmith66,
thanks, and yah, I really like that too... I didn't notice it in the pics I had til the friend I was buying it from pointed it out, and then I fell in love with it, lol... and those are glue-on cover panels that go right over the factory door/quarter panels... unfortunately, someone has taken a cut-off wheel to the quarters for some reason, and the hard boot doesn't cover the holes... part of the restoration stuff I'm working on repairing and trying to find info on...

[This message has been edited by 85red2m6 (edited 09-10-2013).]

PFF
System Bot

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock