Why didn't I think of that? by Red87FieroGT
Started on: 08-28-2013 08:28 PM
Replies: 5 (413 views)
Last post by: jaredmurray88 on 08-29-2013 09:20 PM
Red87FieroGT

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2013 08:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Red87FieroGTSend a Private Message to Red87FieroGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This would most likely solve many headaches associated with the factory rear parking brake system. And as an added benefit, it's cheap and looks relatively easy to do. Click on the link and scroll down almost to the bottom and look for the pictures of a rear caliper.

http://www.binderplanet.com...wthread.php?p=635426

------------------

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Steven Snyder

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 106
Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2013 09:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Steven SnyderClick Here to visit Steven Snyder's HomePageSend a Private Message to Steven SnyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What's interesting about that caliper? Looks like it functions the same as the Fiero rear (88 at least).
tesmith66

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 135
Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2013 08:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tesmith66Send a Private Message to tesmith66Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That's the same Caddie rear that's used in the LeBaron swap. All they did was make actuator arms that worked with their setup. They also used 01 Dodge 1/2 ton 4x4 truck front rotors
Red87FieroGT

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2013 03:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Red87FieroGTSend a Private Message to Red87FieroGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm talking about the lever that they made. I know on my car even with brand new cables the springs still were not strong enough to return the levers back to their stops, but by modifying a rear drum parking lever and adding a second spring would most likely solve the issue. Figured I would post it here for anyone having the same issue as me.

------------------

tesmith66

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 135
Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2013 08:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tesmith66Send a Private Message to tesmith66Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Oh...

I have all of the parts for the Lebaron swap. Am I going to have that problem, too?
jaredmurray88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2013 09:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaredmurray88Send a Private Message to jaredmurray88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I wish they had a part number for the levers. I would buy some from RA. They do look a lot like my 1992 f150 levers maybe I can look them up and try.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock