What ever happened to Skitime's Fiero? by Austin
Started on: 08-26-2013 11:16 PM
Replies: 14 (840 views)
Last post by: katatak on 08-31-2013 10:32 PM
Austin

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2013 11:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AustinSend a Private Message to AustinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The best engineered Fiero I've ever seen! Last I read he was selling it but that was years ago. Anyone know?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2013 11:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Read last post here //www.fiero.nl/forum/F.../HTML/000073-18.html

regards
Danyel

------------------

My Build Thread
Tylers Toy

Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2013 12:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I get to see this car in person at local Fiero club meetings.
skuzzbomer

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2013 12:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
rpro bought it and has been treating it very well. It is a good looking car, even if it isn't exactly my style.
mmeyer86gt/gtp

Feedback score:    (161)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 73
Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2013 12:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mmeyer86gt/gtpSend a Private Message to mmeyer86gt/gtpEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
saw it at the 30th new owner is taking good care of it.
tesmith66

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 135
Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2013 12:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tesmith66Send a Private Message to tesmith66Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I saw it on the transport truck when it headed through St. Louis on the way to it's new home. I guess I'm a bonafied Fiero nut because I recognized the car at a glance.
fierogtlt1

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2013 02:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtlt1Send a Private Message to fierogtlt1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Blacktree:

I get to see this car in person at local Fiero club meetings.

pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2013 07:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i only ever got to see it one time,. Hell of a car.
rpro

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 76
Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2013 08:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rproSend a Private Message to rproEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for all the kind words. It was great meeting some of you at the 30th back in June. I languished over driving the GT that far on busy interstates, but miraculously made the entire trip without so much as a rock chip.

Dave (skitime) did one hell of a job engineering this car, and it's been a lot of fun preserving his creation as well as adding my own touches to it along the way. I've "mildly" entertained the idea of selling it if the right person comes along, but I'm perfectly satisfied with keeping it until that time comes,

Below is the most recent photograph I have. It was taken at a Central Florida Fieros picnic last week in Ormond Beach, Fl.

[This message has been edited by rpro (edited 08-27-2013).]

Brucepts

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2013 08:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BruceptsClick Here to visit Brucepts's HomePageSend a Private Message to BruceptsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I got to see it being built in Ski's garage, I have the original front and rear hood along with various other assorted parts Ski was getting rid of last year in my basement.

He had the hood hanging in his shop and begged me to take it away . . . now it sits in my basement, what was I thinking!

Since it's off the world famous Skitime's car does that make it worth more $$$'s

Edit to add : For the record I tried to talk him out of splitting the rear window . . . never did like that mod but hey wasn't my car

------------------
"There is no more formidable adversary than one who perceives he has nothing to lose." - Gen. George S. Patton
http://www.flowbenchtech.com

[This message has been edited by Brucepts (edited 08-27-2013).]

Brucepts

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2013 08:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BruceptsClick Here to visit Brucepts's HomePageSend a Private Message to BruceptsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Brucepts

314 posts
Member since May 2001
I got to see it being built in Ski's garage, I have the original front and rear hood along with various other assorted parts Ski was getting rid of last year in my basement.

He had the hood hanging in his shop and begged me to take it away . . . now it sits in my basement, what was I thinking!

Since it's off the world famous Skitime's car does that make it worth more $$$'s

------------------
"There is no more formidable adversary than one who perceives he has nothing to lose." - Gen. George S. Patton
http://www.flowbenchtech.com

PFF
System Bot
skitime

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 332
Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2013 08:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skitimeSend a Private Message to skitimeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It is great to hear the GT is still being appreciated and still being shown so others can get to see the car. It was like selling a family member when I let it go. We might get close to rpro on this years trip. We currently are in Mesa Verde CO but plan to do a loop along the Gulf coast on the way back to PA.

------------------

Red 88 GT T-Top 3800 INTERCOOLED SUPERCHARGED

Click here to read the History of Skitimes Car

jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2013 09:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This has always been one of my favorite cars. When I finally got to see it in person it was almost like meeting Janet Jackson, well almost. And there were no malfunctions, wardrobe or otherwise.

I was in the process of modelling my car after this one, until my car appeared in the movie, "Stay Alive" and now I've kept it exactly as it was in the movie. (that also happens to be cheaper), lol.

rpro

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 76
Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2013 05:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rproSend a Private Message to rproEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by skitime:

We might get close to rpro on this years trip. We currently are in Mesa Verde CO but plan to do a loop along the Gulf coast on the way back to PA.

That would be great, Dave. Give us a shout when you begin your trip back home.
katatak

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2013 10:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rpro:

Thanks for all the kind words. It was great meeting some of you at the 30th back in June. I languished over driving the GT that far on busy interstates, but miraculously made the entire trip without so much as a rock chip.

Dave (skitime) did one hell of a job engineering this car, and it's been a lot of fun preserving his creation as well as adding my own touches to it along the way. I've "mildly" entertained the idea of selling it if the right person comes along, but I'm perfectly satisfied with keeping it until that time comes,

Below is the most recent photograph I have. It was taken at a Central Florida Fieros picnic last week in Ormond Beach, Fl.

From a Mountain Momma to Beach Babe! Looks great on the Beach!

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock