What should I offer? by SlateTheGreat
Started on: 08-25-2013 12:41 AM
Replies: 16 (432 views)
Last post by: ls3mach on 08-28-2013 10:23 AM
SlateTheGreat

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2013 12:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SlateTheGreatSend a Private Message to SlateTheGreatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hello all,

Looking to pick up this gem in the next two weeks or so. Want to offer him 2-3k, he posted at 4k. What do y'all think?

http://losangeles.craigslis.../cto/4021738629.html
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
92wastheyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2013 01:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 92wastheyearSend a Private Message to 92wastheyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I didn't think they had T-Tops is 87...I could be wrong though
SlateTheGreat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2013 01:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SlateTheGreatSend a Private Message to SlateTheGreatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was curious about that. I plan to ask if he put them in. What does the VIN have in it that would tell it apart as being 87 or 88 and would it have anything to say about t-tops?
jb1

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2013 01:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jb1Send a Private Message to jb1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
there are several members here with 87GT with T-tops. The car looks clean. Hood looks rough and needs sail panels... I would start offer around $2500..but I would want to see receipts on the engine rebuild and see what was really done..

------------------

87 GT
series 1 3800sc (7.597 @88.53 1.579 60ft)
(series II swap in progress)
85GT Northstar/ 4t80e
86GT 3800 n/a
My Build

hercimer01

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2013 03:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hercimer01Send a Private Message to hercimer01Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The intake plenum is engraved. Thats only on later models (87/88). Also the exhaust tips look aftermarket.

------------------

Project Genisis Lo Budget 3800SC swap

88 Coupe under construction

[This message has been edited by hercimer01 (edited 08-25-2013).]

NoMoreRicers

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2013 03:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NoMoreRicersSend a Private Message to NoMoreRicersEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by SlateTheGreat:

I was curious about that. I plan to ask if he put them in. What does the VIN have in it that would tell it apart as being 87 or 88 and would it have anything to say about t-tops?

Look at the tenth digit in the VIN number.

E=1984
F=1985
G=1986
H=1987
J=1988
topcat

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 148
Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2013 03:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for topcatSend a Private Message to topcatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
2 grand is about what I'd offer.

Ripped driver seat
Bad paint
Missing sails
The dog bone looks to be slightly cocked to one side, which could mean bad mounts. You'd have to take it for a ride to be sure
Looks like delam on tail lights - hard to tell from the lighting in the picture
I'd also take a close look at the t-top seals. The paint is pretty bad, indicating it's spent a lot of time in sun and in the elements. The seals for the t-tops could be shot, and are expensive and hard to find

[This message has been edited by topcat (edited 08-25-2013).]

SlateTheGreat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2013 04:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SlateTheGreatSend a Private Message to SlateTheGreatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by topcat:

2 grand is about what I'd offer.

Ripped driver seat
Bad paint
Missing sails
The dog bone looks to be slightly cocked to one side, which could mean bad mounts. You'd have to take it for a ride to be sure
Looks like delam on tail lights - hard to tell from the lighting in the picture
I'd also take a close look at the t-top seals. The paint is pretty bad, indicating it's spent a lot of time in sun and in the elements. The seals for the t-tops could be shot, and are expensive and hard to find

2k was what I was hoping for so this at least gives me some ammo against his price! Thanks again

Originally posted by NoMoreRicers:

Look at the tenth digit in the VIN number.

E=1984
F=1985
G=1986
H=1987
J=1988

Perfect Thanks!!!
spirit

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2013 08:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for spiritSend a Private Message to spiritEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
In 86 and 87 there was a dealer option for tee tops. T he factory would send the car to an outside source to have tee tops installed.
fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 259
Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2013 08:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The interior isn't dot matrix and the exhaust crossover doesn't have the 88 heat shield, so its very likely an 87, even though the paint for the ground effects is the same (only on 88's or has been repainted).
CoolBlue87GT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 151
Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2013 10:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
$1800 to $2000 is what I'd offer, as posted, sail windows, poor paint, ripped seats, torn rear gasket

Know that if you get it, you will need to do something with that air intake. The filter is right under the air grate where it will get very wet and degrade, not to menchon suck water into the engine.

Figure putting at least 2000 - 2500 into replacing the missing parts, paint, seat covers, etc...

The less you get it for, the more you'll have to restoring it. Are the rims gray, or stripped of paint ?

Oh yea, no such thing as a "special edition GT sport" , it's a GT w/ t-tops.
PFF
System Bot
92wastheyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2013 11:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 92wastheyearSend a Private Message to 92wastheyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by spirit:

In 86 and 87 there was a dealer option for tee tops. T he factory would send the car to an outside source to have tee tops installed.

And in 88 they did this differently?

SlateTheGreat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2013 04:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SlateTheGreatSend a Private Message to SlateTheGreatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by CoolBlue87GT:

$1800 to $2000 is what I'd offer, as posted, sail windows, poor paint, ripped seats, torn rear gasket

Know that if you get it, you will need to do something with that air intake. The filter is right under the air grate where it will get very wet and degrade, not to menchon suck water into the engine.

Figure putting at least 2000 - 2500 into replacing the missing parts, paint, seat covers, etc...

The less you get it for, the more you'll have to restoring it. Are the rims gray, or stripped of paint ?

Yea I was wondering what was up with that filter placement, definitely a non-fiero guy working on a fiero methinks. I have not yet seen it in person, and yea I knew the "special edition" was just BS for his craigslist title haha so I'm thinking I can just drown him in info and lower the price. I hope.

project34

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2013 08:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for project34Send a Private Message to project34Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 92wastheyear:

I didn't think they had T-Tops is 87...I could be wrong though

Originally posted by SlateTheGreat:

I was curious about that.

T-tops were first offered as a factory-authorized option on 1988 Fieros.

Source: Enthusiasts' Guide to the Pontiac Fiero, a publication of Northern Illinois Fiero Enthusiasts, Inc.

ls3mach

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 226
Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2013 09:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That car isn't rare or special. If it is running. Offer $1000. Let an idiot buy it otherwise. Seriously let him talk you up to $1500, which I think is pushing it.
VF1Skullangel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2013 11:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VF1SkullangelClick Here to visit VF1Skullangel's HomePageSend a Private Message to VF1SkullangelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ls3mach

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 226
Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2013 10:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by CoolBlue87GT:

Best advice in this thread. Those sails are hundreds if you go with factory. Same for the tail lights. You could likely drop $1000 just on those 2 items. Seals around the t-tops if cracked or dry are going to be $500+. Paint is shot. Rims likely need to be redone. Seats need redone. You are getting yourself into quite a project here. I've owned a bunch of project Fieros, I'd spend more money and get one in a lot better condition. I don't see anything about the A/C being functional. That can get pricey and if you don't know how or have the tools likely will be something you have to have a shop do. You really need a vacuum and gauges to do one correctly, not to mention if you don't convert to a different refrigerant you can't get R12.

Originally posted by VF1Skullangel:

Hope our post haven't offended you, but that car needs a lot of TLC.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock